Krauthammer on the French vote

Krauthammer is dumber than a box of rocks...

Perhaps your comment is a matter of perspective. Maybe he's just dumb compared to you? Let's take a look at Krauthammer's intellectual accomplishments and you can respond with yours:

• MD from Harvard University
  • Commonwealth Scholar in politics at Balliol College, Oxford
  • Pulitzer Prize winner
  • Former chief resident in Psychiatry at the Massachusetts General Hospital where he co-discovered a form of mania resulting from a concomitant medical illness.
  • Worked for the Carter administration heading psychiatric research
  • Weekly panelist on PBS program Inside Washington
  • Syndicated columnist in 275 newspapers and media outlets
  • Former president Bill Clinton called Krauthammer "a brilliant man" in a December 2010 press conference.
  • Lastly, he's apparently an expert chess player.

I can't wait to see you demonstrate the intellectual prowess you possess in such abundance that you're able to call a guy like Krauthammer dumb. Damn you must be good! Now, impress us.

Krauthammer is always the brightest guy in the room.

Lakhota couldn't qualify to empty his trash can.

Krauthammer is dumber than a box of rocks...

Perhaps your comment is a matter of perspective. Maybe he's just dumb compared to you? Let's take a look at Krauthammer's intellectual accomplishments and you can respond with yours:

• MD from Harvard University
  • Commonwealth Scholar in politics at Balliol College, Oxford
  • Pulitzer Prize winner
  • Former chief resident in Psychiatry at the Massachusetts General Hospital where he co-discovered a form of mania resulting from a concomitant medical illness.
  • Worked for the Carter administration heading psychiatric research
  • Weekly panelist on PBS program Inside Washington
  • Syndicated columnist in 275 newspapers and media outlets
  • Former president Bill Clinton called Krauthammer "a brilliant man" in a December 2010 press conference.
  • Lastly, he's apparently an expert chess player.
I can't wait to see you demonstrate the intellectual prowess you possess in such abundance that you're able to call a guy like Krauthammer dumb. Damn you must be good! Now, impress us.

Krauthammer is always the brightest guy in the room.

Lakhota couldn't qualify to empty his trash can.

My long-time fave intellectual.

Austerity was tried yet again in history and failed yet again in history

Absolutely.

What pulled America out of the Great Depression?

GOVERNMENT .. not the private sector.

Government locked America in the Depression for about 7 years longer than necessary.

This is well known by any student of the topic.

Then surely Ms. Sniperess you can post a plethora of data that demonstrates that government did not pull us out of the Great Depression and that it kept us locked in it for 7 years longer than it should have been .. given that any student of the issue knows this.

Absolutely.

Actually economists point to the fact that if not for FDR's New Deal programs, the great depression would have ended in less than 5 years. It took a war to create demand for goods and services for the defense of this nation to kick start the economy, paid for by bonds, which basically fueled the consumer economy in the post war era where excess manufacturing would have died if it were not for that thanks to the oversupply of labor and capacity.

Sorry, War Bonds are not a new deal program. Nor are they really an expansion of government spending as much as a deferral of private spending getting a temporary double dip.

How many war bonds have you bought lately? Hell, how many Government bonds of ANY type have you ever bought?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TUPUbvO0eU"]Bugs Bunny War Bond Drive WW2 Cartoon - YouTube[/ame]

:0)

I'm betting I can find FAR more economists who've credited FDR and the New Deal for .. ie; government .. for America's recovery than those who say it would have ended 5 years earlier without it .. nonsensical Bugs Bunny videos aside.

How much do you wanna' bet?
I'm sorry, I'm not betting on how many political shills you can find to spout 'evidence' you're correct. Pharohs often had them to praise their idiocy. Didn't make em correct though.

It's quaint how you never even touched my related evidence to support my thesis save to criticize the Bugs Bunny video which you either didn't watch, didn't get, or were offended by.

Absolutely.

Government locked America in the Depression for about 7 years longer than necessary.

Then surely Ms. Sniperess you can post a plethora of data that demonstrates that government did not pull us out of the Great Depression and that it kept us locked in it for 7 years longer than it should have been .. given that any student of the issue knows this.

Such as been demonstrated Ad nauseam. You might start by reading:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/The-Road-Serfdom-Fiftieth-Anniversary/dp/0226320618]Amazon.com: The Road to Serfdom: Fiftieth Anniversary Edition (9780226320618): F. A. Hayek, Milton Friedman: Books[/ame]

Such as been demonstrated Ad nauseam. You might start by reading:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/The-Road-Serfdom-Fiftieth-Anniversary/dp/0226320618]Amazon.com: The Road to Serfdom: Fiftieth Anniversary Edition (9780226320618): F. A. Hayek, Milton Friedman: Books[/ame]

Alas. The willfully ignorant shall not seek.

The rich are already leaving France. When they do, they take their taxes and enterprise with them. Krauthammer is extremely wise. He is right, the French can vote themselves a new government they cannot vote themselves a new economy and they cannot vote themselves an obligation for Germany to continue to support the French government.

Here's the underlying problem-

Austerity doesn't bring us out of recessions. For that matter, neither do tax cuts.

We got out of the 2001 recession because Bush spent a crapload of money on the wars.

We got out of the 1992 Recession because Clinton spent a lot of money on a stimulus.

We got out of the 1981 recession because Reagan spent a lot of money on a military buildup combined with infrastructure programs.

Now, the thing is, Stimulus was tried this time, but it was misdirected. Smaller than what was asked for and it mostly went to bail out the states, which went on to do "austeriity" themselves.

Meanwhile, in Europe, Austerity was tried, and the "Confidence Fairy" didn't show up. Instead, what you got was a lot of angry people who saw their benefits cut and no jobs showing up as promised. So they threw out Sarkozy, and Merkel and Cameron are going to follow in short order.

Just curious about which states jumped on the Austerity Bandwagon?

Wisconsin and Ohio, but really, all of them. All of them cut back seriously on stuff. So did local and municple governments.

The rich are already leaving France. When they do, they take their taxes and enterprise with them. Krauthammer is extremely wise. He is right, the French can vote themselves a new government they cannot vote themselves a new economy and they cannot vote themselves an obligation for Germany to continue to support the French government.

The Rich French will whine and carp, and then they'll pay their taxes...

And I'm kind of wondering why it is that you think it's cool that the rich of ANY country would flee their nation when their nation asks them to pay their fair share...

Two quotes that sum up the facts succinctly with regards to French president Hollande's desire to have a 75% tax on the Rich:

"I guarantee you that the treasury in Paris will get less net revenue as the rich leave. The rich are able to move a lot easier than the poor, as happened in other countries."

"You can vote to have a new government but you can't have a new economy unless you do your cuts and you balance your budgets. Which he doesn't want to do obviously."

I don't care for the French all that much but....
I really hope the wealthy French get the fuck out of that country so friggin fast.
Good luck my new French friends...stick it to these dumb asses.
Typical Lib philosophy.
Tax the rich,the ones in the country that produce.

75%....I'm sure our Lib friends here feel the French government went easy on these guys.

And I'm kind of wondering why it is that you think it's cool that the rich of ANY country would flee their nation when their nation asks them to pay their fair share...

75% is a fair share, commie?

This fair share nonsense....
Who determines fair share?
Why 75% why not 77% why not 73%...Why not 80%...
Why stop at 75%...

I love these slackers who get a chubby when someone Else's money is taken out of their pocket... :mad:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What share do you pay? Is it fair? Or is it zero?

What nation has the right to demand 75% of a person's time and labor and the audacity to call it fair?

What nation has the right to demand 75% of a person's time and labor and the audacity to call it fair?

Exactly! Especially in light of the fact that Euro involved nations are bailing out all the fucking debtor nations, because they could not balance their budgets, due to entitlement spending run amok.

The duped middle income liberals are by and large stupid people. They actually think because the wealthy political class, who espouse "liberal" ideas, are actually going to pay 75%! The wealthy will always find loop holes- even those chameleon, so called liberal rich dudes, like Buffet et al. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, as they, liberal political class assholes, keep themselves in power by espousing the stupidity that gets them elected- by keeping the plebeian "liberal feelings of altruism intact"- the middle class and working poor will be kept in their place. The place of decided mediocrity and oblivious ignorance at the scam.

But it cannot go on without a major crash. Greece is a picture of what happens when the rich stop paying and government entitlement becomes undo-able.

People this country could take a lesson from the new French president, I'm sure Obama will point his finger at France and say, "This is what I'm talking about".

Hollande wants the very rich to pay 75 percent in income taxes and plans to hike taxes on companies that distribute profits to shareholders instead of investing in their business.
What French election result means for US, world

What is interesting is the Obama regime is hoping that Hollande does NOT immediately enforce his agenda, as could hurt Obama in his re-election big time. The New York Times stated that Obama and Hollande are very similar, and wow, could this ever turn into great material for Romney to use - especially if Hollande puts his plans through before our election.

When you've got more money than God, um, yeah.

The top marginal rate was 92% during WWII, and it was 70% all the way up until 1980. True, very few people actually paid that much, there were deductions and shelters and loopholes.

What share do you pay? Is it fair? Or is it zero?

All told, my tax burden is about 25% of my income.

This fair share nonsense....
Who determines fair share?
Why 75% why not 77% why not 73%...Why not 80%...
Why stop at 75%...

I love these slackers who get a chubby when someone Else's money is taken out of their pocket... :mad:

YOu mean the people will vote to steal the money back after the rich have stolen it from them?

You see, here's the gag. No one gets rich off his own labor, he gets rich off the labor of others. Bill Gates isn't on the line right now writing new code or packaging CD's with his software on it. He's collecting the money from the work of the code monkeys who work for him.

Forum List

Back