Krauthammer: 'Obama Agenda is Dead,' 'He Tried a 2-Year Experiment in Hyper-Liberalis

I believe to a great degree that Krauthammer is correct. He's a pretty smart guy. If the Republicans get some useful stuff accomplished, like getting people back to work, control over the runaway government spending, repeal part or all of the ObamaCare mess, then they too will do well in 2012. However, if they do not, they will also get fired in the next elections just like the Democrats got fired in this election. It is not that the general public is in love with the Republicans. They are on "probation" with the voters. They too can be fired just like the Democrats if they do not provide some results that are acceptable to the people who elected them.

I think you are ABSOLUTELY right. Republicans are on probation. I think there is a conservative solidarity on that point.

I've heard both Beck and Limbaugh warn the Republicans that if they go wobbly on us this time THEY ARE GONE!

As I said, I think the Republicans will go the way of the Whigs if that happens, and we will have a new major party in the country. ;)

Both Reagan and Clinton suffered the same mid-term nuttiness. One wonders what independents wanted, or if independents didn't decide these election results, what the switcheroo folks wanted? Consider that republicans since Coolidge have pretty much failed to govern, and have only caused massive debt, unnecessary wars, increased corporate control, and constant bailouts of the nation and its banks. Consider the democrats are all over the place and totally lost in the rhetoric of today's corporate propaganda spin. But I give the democrats slightly higher grades as at least one can look to a few accomplishments that helped all citizens and still do.

Krauthammer is simply a contemporary spin hack, like so many that gain sustenance from negativity, he lives well as the same old national problems of jobs, education, fair pay, and infrastructure collapse. None of these talking heads bring any value to life, they are sponges for powerful interests that only want more. In the end he needs to tell Americans how to create jobs when there are no jobs, and corporate power is only about profits. He remains a meaningless critic in the real world of real issues.

"I do not myself believe that many people do things because they think they are the right thing to do . . . . I do not think that knowledge of what is morally right is motivational in any serious sense for anyone except a handful of saints." Richard Posner

Krauthammer is no saint he is like so many today a sponge.

I think we see the spin hack and who's meaningless.

The hope and change bus has left the station and it's only running on one cylinder as it is.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Both Reagan and Clinton suffered the same mid-term nuttiness. One wonders what independents wanted, or if independents didn't decide these election results, what the switcheroo folks wanted? Consider that republicans since Coolidge have pretty much failed to govern, and have only caused massive debt, unnecessary wars, increased corporate control, and constant bailouts of the nation and its banks. Consider the democrats are all over the place and totally lost in the rhetoric of today's corporate propaganda spin. But I give the democrats slightly higher grades as at least one can look to a few accomplishments that helped all citizens and still do.

Krauthammer is simply a contemporary spin hack, like so many that gain sustenance from negativity, he lives well as the same old national problems of jobs, education, fair pay, and infrastructure collapse. None of these talking heads bring any value to life, they are sponges for powerful interests that only want more. In the end he needs to tell Americans how to create jobs when there are no jobs, and corporate power is only about profits. He remains a meaningless critic in the real world of real issues.

"I do not myself believe that many people do things because they think they are the right thing to do . . . . I do not think that knowledge of what is morally right is motivational in any serious sense for anyone except a handful of saints." Richard Posner

Krauthammer is no saint he is like so many today a sponge.

CON2593-9.jpg

How much am I enjoying the epic levels of misery seen around the intanets yesterday and today???!!!!!!!!!!:fu:

s0n...........its not 2008 anymore. The class warfare BS experiment is finished!!!! Get ahold of some Effexor XR and life will improve...........

Last edited:
nope........you're listening to too much spin from the pundits.

My post just up the line here sums up the reality, though some might not like it.

I have to disagree. I don't toss out spin but things I really believe and I put those beliefs into my own words. I don't need anybody else to tell me how or what to think. I think we are going to see that there is a magnifying glass on Congress. The American people have said "Put up or shut up."

s0n............not for nothing but you're a political sophmore..............

The House will not be judged on its effectiveness because it cant be effective woith the current landscape. All they have to do is run up bills to the floor they know will be vetoed by the President.....and there is 100% certainty they will do that. The onus is not on the HOUSE......it is on the president. He needs to work with THEM......not the other way around. Not only that........some Democrats will vote with the GOP to save their hides come 2012. That is a disaster for Obama.

Oh.....and by the way.......the redistricting that will happen under the massive gains in Republican governorships will make it virtually impossible for the Democrats to take back the house in the next 10 years. 10 YEARS..........so trust me s0n. You got the political IQ of a handball.............but with experience, you could improve with your interest is this stuff......

You betcha.

The onus iwill be on the Prez and the Dem controlled Senate.

Should interesting till 2012.

Last edited:
Obama has to quickly make a decision on whether or not his priority is to be re-elected or continue his progressive agenda. He can't count on the Congress, so if he still tries to push crap through, then it will be done through regulatory agencies.

Yep, he will use the EPA to come to the same end that Cap & Tax would have brought, they'll find ways around it if no one is paying attention.

krauthammer_charles.jpg

"Man-UP, Chuckie!!"

(Your gossiping-schoolgirl persona is gettin' tiring.)​

"Krauthammer is quite capable of thinking strategically and with nuance about foreign affairs. But for the man who coined the term "Bush Derangement Syndrome" to describe people who went into an apoplectic rage in reaction to the very existence on earth of George W. Bush—Charles is now exhibiting the same sort of worrisome mental dysfunction toward President Obama.

All I can say is, thank god Krauthammer and his Strangelovian cohort are not in a position to be advising President John McCain and Vice President Sarah Palin on matters of war and peace. We’d all be in the damn bunker by now."

My post just up the line here sums up the reality, though some might not like it.

I have to disagree. I don't toss out spin but things I really believe and I put those beliefs into my own words. I don't need anybody else to tell me how or what to think. I think we are going to see that there is a magnifying glass on Congress. The American people have said "Put up or shut up."

The House will not be judged on its effectiveness because it cant be effective woith the current landscape. All they have to do is run up bills to the floor they know will be vetoed by the President.....and there is 100% certainty they will do that. The onus is not on the HOUSE......it is on the president. He needs to work with THEM......not the other way around. Not only that........some Democrats will vote with the GOP to save their hides come 2012. That is a disaster for Obama.

Oh.....and by the way.......the redistricting that will happen under the massive gains in Republican governorships will make it virtually impossible for the Democrats to take back the house in the next 10 years. 10 YEARS..........so trust me s0n. You got the political IQ of a handball.............but with experience, you could improve with your interest is this stuff......

Hey both of you calm down. You are both right on some aspects. We are friends here. Let's not tear each other apart, right after a victory. ;)

I think the onus will be on the senate to work with Republicans or go the way of their Democrat brethern.

HOWEVER, the liberal press IS going to make this all about the house and the republicans being the part of "no."

Trust me, the liberal media is going to do everything they can to recreate the image of the republicans starving children as they did after Republicans won in 94. That's what caused them to go all wobbly kneed. Caring about what the liberal press said.

Hopefully, they have learned their lesson. We have to make sure they learn that lesson, or they are gone in 2012.

You betcha.

The onus iwill be on the Prez and the Dem controlled Senate.

Should interesting till 2012.

I agree on this totally, BUT the liberal media will TRY to make it all about the Republican House.

We won an election, but liberals haven't changed a bit since Tuesday. In fact they hate us all the more.

We can expect the liberal media to be nastier than ever against Republicans in the next two years and they are going to try to make the Republicans look like the mean, nasty party of "no." Mark my words!

;)

Gee, you'd think from all this bluster that the GOP won the house senate and presidency on Tuesday.

Oh, and what 'hyper-liberal' agenda?

Gee, you'd think from all this bluster that the GOP won the house senate and presidency on Tuesday.

Right as usual, Dems lost because they weren't far enough Left

Hopefully you'll correct that serious mistake for 2012.

Find more guys like Coons because Bearded Marxists appeal to the Dem base.

Political sophmore, eh? Well, maybe but if you're going to call me a political sophomore you should at least learn how to spell it. There is some truth in what you are saying and it's very possible that could happen BUT I'm telling you that if no results are produced in Congress from this election, there will be some rolling heads in the next election. I think the public is tired of all the name-calling and finger pointing. You will see a new President take office in 2012 cause this one is going to get fired by the voters. You will see many new faces in Congress if they don't buck up and do something productive. It's game time and whoever doesn't play goes home.

The class warfare BS experiment is finished!!!! Get ahold of some Effexor XR and life will improve...........

Class warfare is not finished. Since the Citizens United supreme court decision in which the supreme court legislated from the bench (and just about every Republican politician thought it was TOTALLY GREAT!) and removed caps on corporate campaign contributions, Republicans got more than double the money from outside contributors than Democrats this election.

Not only that, but many organizations don't even have to report the source of their money any more.

If you think class warfare is finished, it's because you have lost and the corporations have won.

I think we see the spin hack and who's meaningless.

The hope and change bus has left the station and it's only running on one cylinder as it is.

While that may be true - change comes too slowly, it doesn't change the fact Krauthammer and fox media are of no real value when they can only criticize the democratically elected president. They were useless tools when Bush screwed up and remain so. Should make you wonder why.

Curious how things do not seem to change. "In the political turnover in the United States in the autumn of 1994, as previously indicated, those opposing aid to the poor in its several forms won their stunning victory with the support of less than one quarter all eligible voters, fewer than half of whom had gone to the polls. The popular and media response was that those who had prevailed represented the view and voice of the public. Had there been a full turnout at the election, both the result and the reaction would have been decidedly different. The sense of social responsibility for the poor would have been greatly enhanced." John Kenneth Galbraith 'The Good Society'

I find it amusing that people are so gullable.

Fact - Both parties suck
Fact - Both parties are tearing this country down

I don't trust either party quite honestly. The Dems are the party of big government, the Reps are the party of big government. There is no difference between the 2 except where they would rather spend money.

What we need is to abolish political parties. All they do is create unnecessary tension and corruption.

Should I repeat the question?

Could you stop being so lame.

Last edited:

Should I repeat the question?

Could you stop being so lame.

Do you have to be a dick even when I totally agree with you?

The Democrats were not Progressive enough, you alienated your base.

Obama's a Moderate and you need to move Left of him.

His agenda is dead. The Democrats can try all the dirty tricks they want but it's not gonna matter. The days of locking Republicans out of meetings are over. They still control the Senate but the Republicans have tightened things up there as well. The Republicans are now back in the game and that was the Democrats' worst nightmare. Things will now improve for our nation now that the rational adults are back in charge. Remember you heard that from me. The times they are a changin. :)

Forum List

Back