Krampus

Sgt_Gath

Diamond Member
Jul 25, 2014
Krampus

This is basically meant to be a throwback to 1980s style "family" horror movies like Gremlins. In that, it is actually fairly effective. The film takes a little while to get going, but it has more than enough humor to keep you interested until the scares start. When they do, it's worth the wait.

The effects are great, and the monsters manage to be disturbing and creepy while being ridiculous and comical at the same time. The cast is great as well, and actually manage to come together and make you root for them in spite of their flaws.

My only real complaint is that I wish the film could have had an R-rating instead of a PG13. The camera would always cut away before anything especially disturbing happened, and that was kind of distracting.

Overall: 7.5 out of 10

Krampus

This is basically meant to be a throwback to 1980s style "family" horror movies like Gremlins. In that, it is actually fairly effective. The film takes a little while to get going, but it has more than enough humor to keep you interested until the scares start. When they do, it's worth the wait.

The effects are great, and the monsters manage to be disturbing and creepy while being ridiculous and comical at the same time. The cast is great as well, and actually manage to come together and make you root for them in spite of their flaws.

My only real complaint is that I wish the film could have had an R-rating instead of a PG13. The camera would always cut away before anything especially disturbing happened, and that was kind of distracting.

Is it disgusting and bloody?

Krampus

It is kind of gross (that freaky clown monster thing, for example, is slimy and drools all over the place), but not really bloody.

Like I said, it was only PG-13. :p

Krampus

It is kind of gross (that freaky clown monster thing, for example, is slimy and drools all over the place), but not really bloody.

Ewww. Sounds . . . interesting . . . :eek:

Krampus

Ewww. Sounds . . . interesting . . . :eek:

It basically eats people like a snake. Sooo... Yeah.

"Eeeeeeewwwwwww..." :lol:

Forum List

Back