Kraft Foods to Lay Off 1,600

Nova78

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2011
Colorado
$kraft-foods.jpg

The Downward Spiral: Kraft Foods to Lay Off 1,600

Kraft Foods has announced it will lay off 1,600 North American workers as it readies to split the company in two.

Nearly 40% of cuts to headcount will come from the U.S. salesforce and corporate arm over the next 12 months.
That's an awful lot of jobs cuts. So how do you think they'll corporate FlackSpeak their way out of this one?

"When we announced our decision to create two world-class companies last August, we said both would be leaner, more competitive organizations," CEO Irene Rosenfeld said. "For the past year, the North American team has been working to streamline operations to deliver sustainable top-tier performance and continue to invest in our iconic brands. We're confident that this transformational work will improve effectiveness and fuel the future growth of both companies."

Question: How do you tell when a CEO is lying?

Answer: when you see her lips move.

they've been a pretty steady performer....I just checked their stock hist....3 years ago 22, now 37 up by 4-6% every year.....3% plus dividend every year...

the new normal, thx Obama.

View attachment 18323

Kraft Foods has announced it will lay off 1,600 North American workers as it readies to split the company in two.

Nearly 40% of cuts to headcount will come from the U.S. salesforce and corporate arm over the next 12 months.
That's an awful lot of jobs cuts. So how do you think they'll corporate FlackSpeak their way out of this one?

"When we announced our decision to create two world-class companies last August, we said both would be leaner, more competitive organizations," CEO Irene Rosenfeld said. "For the past year, the North American team has been working to streamline operations to deliver sustainable top-tier performance and continue to invest in our iconic brands. We're confident that this transformational work will improve effectiveness and fuel the future growth of both companies."

I just heard they are going to lay off more people.

What part of "leaner" and "streamline" don't you get?

They have every right to cut jobs, especially sales jobs in a rapidly changing grocery environment. I don't see the problem here?

original-8681-1368655193-19.jpg

I'm sure this was concocted by Kraft to sell its ersatz cheese products. Does anyone remember the tv specials in the 60's sponsored by Kraft that would run bizarre recipes during the commercials that involved cream cheese, Velveeta and marshmallows along with pineapple tidbits and Spam. That kind of thing.
Any company that comes up with this kind of nastiness should have naturally "streamlined" ages ago. Ick.

View attachment 18323

great point!! We should simply pass a law that corporations cant lay people off anymore. If we allow them to lay people off people don't have jobs anymore, or the money that they need to buy food and other important things. That is very bad!! So we should make it illegal. We should make all bad things illegal!!

Last edited:
Hope they keep making that mac and cheese stuff. I love it.
They used to have the best mac & cheese,
I haven't bought it for quite awhile now,
the last few times I did, it tasted way to salty and less cheesy
no doubt they tweaked ingredients to save money

Forum List

Back