Koyaanisqatsi

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Koyaanisqatsi

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

In the Hopi language, the word Koyaanisqatsi means "crazy life, life in turmoil, life out of balance, life disintegrating, a state of life that calls for another way of living".

Someone just saw the movie? Music by Phillip Glass, Directed by Godfrey Reggio back in the late 1970's. The film takes on a timeless quality as it contra-poses images of nature and what director Reggio called "Man's shiny machine". It is a masterpiece of video and music using high and low speed photography to give the movement of the world a grace and flow from the most sublime of nature to the every day ugliness of traffic and pedestrians in the streets of New York.

It is a film that is nothing more than a mirror, reflecting back the world for the individual viewer to gain from it what they want to see, and believe it is about, offering no instruction on how to see it by the movie outside of it's title. It is a movie well worth owning and using to remind ourselves that life is far grander and encompassing than we, in our daily lives see it.

Someone just saw the movie? Music by Phillip Glass, Directed by Godfrey Reggio back in the late 1970's. The film takes on a timeless quality as it contra-poses images of nature and what director Reggio called "Man's shiny machine". It is a masterpiece of video and music using high and low speed photography to give the movement of the world a grace and flow from the most sublime of nature to the every day ugliness of traffic and pedestrians in the streets of New York.

It is a film that is nothing more than a mirror, reflecting back the world for the individual viewer to gain from it what they want to see, and believe it is about, offering no instruction on how to see it by the movie outside of it's title. It is a movie well worth owning and using to remind ourselves that life is far grander and encompassing than we, in our daily lives see it.

part of a trilogy.

It is a [IT, is a series of message board post] that is nothing more than a mirror, reflecting back the world for the individual viewer to gain from it what they want to see, and believe it is about, offering no instruction on how to see it by the [___] outside of it's [content].

haven't seen the other two.... yet. On the 'to do' list.

Bought my copy of the movie at Half Price books for 3 bucks.

Last edited:
Library. It's free then, and I'm a cheapskate.

Library DVDs can mess up a dvd player. netflix is under $10 a month. one can make a long wish list even from a shared computer at the library. one need not own a computer and pay for access to the internut(s) to be a member of netflix.

I saw that movie 30 years ago

After about 5 min........ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I saw that movie 30 years ago

After about 5 min........ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

that was my first instinct and impression...

I got up and moved away from the television set (yes it is possible) and went back in a zen frame of mind.

the movie's cinematography and more is absolutely stunning...

I saw the sequel, Powaqqatsi ("Life in Transition") the first time I tried psychedelics. Crazy stuff, I really liked it. Great music, great scenes, and well, yeah. It was quite the experience.

Koyaanisqatsi was taken out of the library that day, but I've been planning to watch it sometime soon. They say the third one is kinda weird though.

I have the entire series, some fascinating photography but sometimes I wish I knew where they were filming more readily.

Check out 'Planet Earth' from BBC if you can, I borrowed from a relative and the photography and the animal life it presents is just plain amazing.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Planet-Earth-Complete-David-Attenborough/dp/B000MR9D5E]Amazon.com: Planet Earth: The Complete BBC Series: David Attenborough: Movies & TV[/ame]

I have the entire series, some fascinating photography but sometimes I wish I knew where they were filming more readily.

Check out 'Planet Earth' from BBC if you can, I borrowed from a relative and the photography and the animal life it presents is just plain amazing.

Amazon.com: Planet Earth: The Complete BBC Series: David Attenborough: Movies & TV

:lol: It came up as a suggestion on NETFLIX.

I may have seen it on in the background while occupied with something else, but I'll most likely check it out.

I love aerial views of earth. I had many a flying dream as a child. I never grew up. :redface:

Forum List

Back