Koreas exchange gunfire at land border-South defence official

xomputer

Rookie
Dec 9, 2008
Slow news day? Sensationalism passing as journalism?

For those of us who were ever assigned to the ROK, this is just another day on the DMZ. Happens all the time but is rarely made public not because there's any censorship but because the news media usually doesn't care.

For those of us who were ever assigned to the ROK, this is just another day on the DMZ. Happens all the time but is rarely made public not because there's any censorship but because the news media usually doesn't care.

Might as well get used to hearing about everything that comes out of North Korea... Now that "Lil Kim" is about to step down and put his son in power. I envision that country is about to implode on itself.

Might as well get used to hearing about everything that comes out of North Korea... Now that "Lil Kim" is about to step down and put his son in power. I envision that country is about to implode on itself.

Yeah, I hear ya. However, same thing was said when Kim Jong-Il took over from his father Kim Il-Sung.

As for the country itself, it's amazing that it continues to exist. It has no economy, it doesn't trade with very many nations, it relies on humanitarian aid and donations, it should have collapsed years ago. This is a very backwards country who has bet the farm on a military that is basically a third-rate force.

I often wondered whether the real reason we have our military in Korea is to keep the South from taking over the North rather than the other way around.

Forum List

Back