Korea's Attractions that CNN acknowledges

So unlike Japan, where I never felt welcome and almost no one was friendly.

Are you kidding? I can't tell you how many times perfect strangers went far out of their way to help me in Japan and I was treated with great hospitality time and time again. I made many friends the first few months I was there.

What do you mean by that?
Are you not Asian?

Answer my question first.
I don't know what you want me to answer. I think an Austrian would have an easier time in Germany, a New Zealander would have an easier time in Australia, an Honduran would have an easier time in Mexico, and an Asian (Korean/Chinese) would have an easier time in Japan...than a White American.

So...are you Asian or aren't you?

I think an Austrian would have an easier time in Germany, a New Zealander would have an easier time in Australia, an Honduran would have an easier time in Mexico, and an Asian (Korean/Chinese) would have an easier time in Japan...than a White American.

Wow, you seriously don't know what you are talking about. And no, I am not Asian.

I think an Austrian would have an easier time in Germany, a New Zealander would have an easier time in Australia, an Honduran would have an easier time in Mexico, and an Asian (Korean/Chinese) would have an easier time in Japan...than a White American.

And no, I am not Asian.

That's why I asked - how would I know, except for seeing people mock you in an Oriental slang?

So you are affirming that you have no Asian heritage/race/ancestry? Or are you trying to be cute, because you were born in America, or some such word-weaseling?

Wow, you seriously don't know what you are talking about.

About what? Be specific.

And no, I am not Asian.

That's why I asked - how would I know, except for seeing people mock you in an Oriental slang?

So you are affirming that you have no Asian heritage/race/ancestry? Or are you trying to be cute, because you were born in America, or some such word-weaseling?.

My ancestry is 100% Irish, though I am of course 100% American.

And no, I am not Asian.

So you are affirming that you have no Asian heritage/race/ancestry? Or are you trying to be cute, because you were born in America, or some such word-weaseling?.

Then why are you mocked with Oriental slang, on this site?

Then why are you mocked with Oriental slang on this site?

Because there are a lot of idiots here who saw my screen name, made an assumption, and never bothered to ask. They then went on to put their complete ignorance and most deeply felt racism on display, never realizing what complete fools they were making of themselves in the process.

OK. I haven't had much interaction with you on this site, so I haven't asked before now.

But your username does have an association with fecal fetish, and all the references appear to be Oriental. Why would you choose it?

But your username does have an association with fecal fetish

No, not really. That is a mistaken conclusion by some asshole who couldn't understand and googled until he found some wierd stuff (on the internet? who would have guessed?).

The word is actually a slang term for 'shithead' (yes, like what it means in English, not something literally involving shit). It is a bit of self-deprication and a reference to a running joke with someone here in the real world. That's all.

and all the references appear to be Oriental.

The word you are looking for is 'Asian.' Oriental is generally understood today as referring to objects.
Yes, I know that, but wasn't sure you knew that. I purposely didn't use Asian because of the way wingnuts on this site use word-weaseling, like "Well, Israelis are Asians..." and the like. Oriental, while referring to objects, is my way of being more specific.

So, you are claiming that Unkotare is not an Oriental word?

So, you are claiming that Unkotare is not an Oriental word?

:confused: Did you even read what I wrote?

First of all, there is no language named "Oriental." I thought you at least knew enough that I was talking about slang in Japanese.

and all the references appear to be Oriental.

The word you are looking for is 'Asian.' Oriental is generally understood today as referring to objects.
Yes, I know that, but wasn't sure you knew that. I purposely didn't use Asian because of the way wingnuts on this site use word-weaseling, like "Well, Israelis are Asians..." and the like. Oriental, while referring to objects, is my way of being more specific.

That makes no sense, as "Oriental" in that usage would be no more specific.

Forum List

Back