Koreans To Be 'Punished With A Baby'

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by PoliticalChic, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Taz

Taz Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,123
    I don't think that the fetus is a real person until born and breathing. Ending a pregnancy does nothing to a human being, except possibly the woman having the abortion. The government should stay out of religious debates. Any more questions?

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Bob Blaylock

Bob Blaylock Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,385
    You are not alone.

Earlier in our own nation's history, we didn't consider Indians or Negros to be real persons.

In Nazi Germany, Jews and other undesirables were not considered to be real persons.

Some of the more extreme sects of Islamism don't consider non-Muslims to be real persons.

History is littered with mass crimes against humanity, where the perpetrators tried to justify their actions by denying the humanity and personhood of their victims. You are no better than they.

3. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28,325
    One more time

upload_2018-9-3_12-27-48.jpeg

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Taz

Taz Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,123
    I see the body as a vessel for a soul on an eternal journey. When one body dies, our soul goes into another one. Forever. Plus, I don't think the soul enters the body during gestation, only when its born. The white light everyone sees when they are dying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. gipper

gipper Libertarian/Anarchist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,349
    I don’t think this is a religious debate. It is however a debate on right and wrong.

If the fetus is not a “real person,” what is it?

Even if it is not a real person, so what? Do you think killing it is acceptable?

You keep throwing shit on the wall, but nothing sticks. Try again.

6. gipper

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,349
    The logic of a fool. It is not a person, so killing it is acceptable.

All species on the planet other than humans, are not persons. So logic dictates killing them all is entirely acceptable.

Crazy!

7. Taz

Taz Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,123
    I believe that the body is a vessel for an eternal soul to travel in for a while. I also don't believe that the soul is in the womb, otherwise everyone would remember their time in the womb. The bright light that everyone sees when they die is possibly the soul being reborn again into a different body, but at the birth of the being. So the aborted fetus has yet to have acquired a soul.

8. gipper

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,349
    That’s convenient and rather sounds religious. It is your faith. Yet you are against religion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. idb

idb Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,389
    Still bravely knocking those strawmen over one by one I see.
    Thank you for your service.

He wasn't talking about abortion...he was talking about contraception during a conversation about STDs.

MARY SNOW (CNN correspondent): Welcome back to CNN's edition of Ballot Bowl. This is a chance for you to hear directly from the candidates. I'm Mary Snow in Johnstown, Pennsylvania, where Senator Barack Obama is holding a town hall meeting right now, taking questions from the audience. Let's go straight to Senator Barack Obama; he just was asked a question about how his administration, if he's elected, would deal with the issue of HIV and AIDS and also sexually transmitted diseases with young girls. Here's Senator Barack Obama.

OBAMA: -- or we give them really expensive surgery and we don't spend money on the front end keeping people healthy in the first place. So, when it comes to -- when it comes specifically to HIV/AIDS, the most important prevention is education, which should include -- which should include abstinence only -- should include abstinence education and teaching that children -- teaching children, you know, that sex is not something casual. But it should also include -- it should also include other, you know, information about contraception because, look, I've got two daughters -- 9 years old and 6 years old. I'm going to teach them first of all about values and morals, but if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby. I don't want them punished with an STD at the age of 16.

You know, so, it doesn't make sense to not give them information. You still want to teach them the morals and the values to make good decisions. That will be important, number one. Then we're still going to have to provide better treatment for those who do have -- who do contract HIV/AIDS, because it's no longer a death sentence, if, in fact, you get the proper cocktails. It's expensive. That's why we want to prevent as much as possible.

But we should also provide better treatment. And we should focus on those sectors where it's prevalent and we've got to get over the stigma because understand that the fastest growth in HIV/AIDS is in heterosexuals, not gays. And so, we've got to get out of that stigma that we still have around it. It's connected also to drug use. So, one of the things we have to do is to start thinking about better substance abuse treatment programs around drugs and not just treat it as a criminal justice issue. Treat it as a public health issue as well.

NBC's Guthrie falsely suggested Obama's "punished with a baby" comment was about abortion

10. percysunshine

percysunshine Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,327

So Obama considers his daughters punishment?

I hope they were not listening very closely.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1