Korean traditional Drink

bluesky79

Apr 21, 2008
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50U15i7DiG0][Busker Busker - Makkulina] Do you know Makkuli? - YouTube[/ame]

I don't know if it's the same thing but when I was in Korea we were told to stay away from "Mockley" because it was rumored to contain barbiturate.

drunk+in+korea+2.jpg

Oh, traditional Korean drink, not drunk. My bad.

I had enough soju when I was there to cure me of any desire to ever have it again.

Were you over there with the Military? I wanted to go to Korea but never had the opportunity.
Nah, I was an exchange student. I was in Taegu. I forget which base is down there, but it was across town from where I was.

That's cool, so you could basically do what you wanted? The Military has alot of restrictions for their personnel over there now I heard.

Were you over there with the Military? I wanted to go to Korea but never had the opportunity.
Nah, I was an exchange student. I was in Taegu. I forget which base is down there, but it was across town from where I was.

That's cool, so you could basically do what you wanted? The Military has alot of restrictions for their personnel over there now I heard.
Yep! It was a good time. I didn't ever get a chance to get up to the DMZ (which is where I really wanted to go), but the rest was fun. Those Koreans are crazy!

Yep! It was a good time. I didn't ever get a chance to get up to the DMZ (which is where I really wanted to go), but the rest was fun. Those Koreans are crazy!

I know I heard, my friends in the service who went up there had alot of fun despite the restrictions.

I know I heard, my friends in the service who went up there had alot of fun despite the restrictions.
I went there mostly to learn how they do taekwondo, and damn, those Koreans take that shit serious. What's funny is that when the men get all liquored up on soju, you can see them fighting in the streets sometimes. They all were in the service at some point, which means they all know TKD to some degree, and they'd just be blazing away at each other with ridiculous kicks and whatnot.

I got there shortly after some dickhead soldier raped a local in Okinawa (I believe), so they told us to keep our eyes open, but other than that I never felt like I was in danger (except maybe when I was sparring with one of them at TKD class).

Last edited:
Never developed a taste for the stuff myself, unless it was fermented. With the look on that sweetie's face in the commercial, that was what she had to be sampling. *winks*

I always preferred OB beer myself. Soju never appealed to me, or the formaldihide that was in it. Peeps always got layed up sorry after a binge on that stuff.

New Topics

Forum List

Back