Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afg

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
tie, loss, unsatisfactory outcomes in 2 third world nations

Forgotten how to win

Have to agree with High-Gravity. Most of the authorities on War, never stepped foot on a field of battle.
C Co. 1st Bn 4th Marines Vietnam, Grunt ( 0311 ) Northern I Corps 67-68. No regrets!

I agree with Ron Paul on one thing: there should be an official Declaration Of War by Congress before ANY US militiary are committed to battle.

I agree with Ron Paul on one thing: there should be an official Declaration Of War by Congress before ANY US militiary are committed to battle.

AMEN to that. I agree with Ron Paul that we need to pull back from all the +900 bases all over the world. We could cut spending and taxes by at least 1/3.

Actually "official" Declarations of War (prior to the actual fighting) have proven to be the quaint, but rather silly, concept of a bygone era. Modern conflicts may well be decided in less time than it takes to get a bunch of old politicians together-much less have them agree on anything.

AMEN to that. I agree with Ron Paul that we need to pull back from all the +900 bases all over the world. We could cut spending and taxes by at least 1/3.

No, we have already cut most of our forces around the world by 1/2 and I haven't seen any spending cuts because of it.

4 tours I spent in Germany, or based in Germany, and not one of those 4 places are still under American Control. Rhien Main Airbase is even gone, turned over to the German Government. No savings because of it. spending hasn't gone down.

We now have only one major Airfield in Germany and one major Hospital. A few brigades of actual fighters. And a bunch of support personnel. We need to have a few forward bases. Just for those "what if" situations...... Ron Paul's Ideas would cost us time, money, and lifes in the long run............

Forum List

Back