Korea, Vietnam, and Iraq Wars: Fighting to keep us Free!!!

I was watching the BBC series "World at War" for the umpteenth time the other day and heard a great quote:

"War is the builder of nations. The winners are free and the losers are slaves".

I'm not interested in being a slave or a dhimmy.

I don't know what a dhimmy is but I don't want to be a slave either, but neither do I want to see anyone else enslaved. Which is why all wars of aggression should be opposed.

This 4th of July

I was hearing many patriotic speeches about how our soldiers were fighting to keep us Free

That got me to thinking.

How did sending American soldiers to fight and die in the Korean War, Vietnam War, or in the Iraq War, keep us Free???

None of these countries had the means or desire to invade the United States.

So why do most American people believe the nonsense that killing people in other countries somehow protects our Freedom here at home???

Because in order to preserve freedom in your home, you fight for it globally. It's the responsibility of the most powerful democratic republic in the world.

This 4th of July

I was hearing many patriotic speeches about how our soldiers were fighting to keep us Free

That got me to thinking.

How did sending American soldiers to fight and die in the Korean War, Vietnam War, or in the Iraq War, keep us Free???

None of these countries had the means or desire to invade the United States.

So why do most American people believe the nonsense that killing people in other countries somehow protects our Freedom here at home???

Because in order to preserve freedom in your home, you fight for it globally. It's the responsibility of the most powerful democratic republic in the world.
I looked at the Constitution and it never states that it's our responsiblity to go around the world invading people and fight for their freedom :evil:

Last edited:
I was watching the BBC series "World at War" for the umpteenth time the other day and heard a great quote:

"War is the builder of nations. The winners are free and the losers are slaves".

I'm not interested in being a slave or a dhimmy.

I don't know what a dhimmy is but I don't want to be a slave either, but neither do I want to see anyone else enslaved. Which is why all wars of aggression should be opposed.
Ask Sunni what a Dhimmy is.

Personally I think Afghanistan and North Korea are Roman Empire like wars.

Long struggles that do not demand total war, but rather long term commitment.

And in the age of newsfotaintment and short attention spans this may be the hardest type of war to fight.

We don't want our audience to get bored while our real citizens, soldiers, die now, do we?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back