Korea, Vietnam, and Iraq Wars: Fighting to keep us Free!!!

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
Patriotic American Muslim
This 4th of July

I was hearing many patriotic speeches about how our soldiers were fighting to keep us Free

That got me to thinking.

How did sending American soldiers to fight and die in the Korean War, Vietnam War, or in the Iraq War, keep us Free???

None of these countries had the means or desire to invade the United States.

So why do most American people believe the nonsense that killing people in other countries somehow protects our Freedom here at home???

The fact is that the troops are lied to and the American citizens are lied to. America hasn't fought in a war to keep us free since our own Revolution.

This 4th of July

I was hearing many patriotic speeches about how our soldiers were fighting to keep us Free

That got me to thinking.

How did sending American soldiers to fight and die in the Korean War, Vietnam War, or in the Iraq War, keep us Free???

So why do most American people believe the nonsense that killing people in other countries somehow protects our Freedom here at home???

Can't Speak to the Rationale behind the Korean and Vietnam Wars, but Iraq, in the Modern Day, was Funding, Harboring and Promoting Terrorism...

Couple that with the LONG List in the Joint Authorization, and you have a Justification for the War.

As for "Freedom" Specifically...

Our "Freedom" is a Delicate Substance...

Chaos Caused by things like 9/11 can, and in ways have Infringed on our "Freedoms"...

Defeating the Terrorists over there Protects our "Freedoms" here...

If they set off a Nuke in this Country, you will see your "Freedoms" Dwindle at an even Faster Pace.

And EVERY Dead Terrorist on the Battlefield is one LESS Terrorist that will come here...

And if you Deny that they didn't Migrate to Iraq and that Region to Battle our Soldiers, then you are Denying Reality.

As far as I am Concerned, we should send a Message to ALL Terrorist Sympathetic ME Countries that if they don't Settle their own Animals, we will Settle their Kingdoms...

We'll See their Jihad and Raise them a Reformation.

:)

peace...

This 4th of July

That got me to thinking.

Can't Speak to the Rationale behind the Korean and Vietnam Wars, but Iraq, in the Modern Day, was Funding, Harboring and Promoting Terrorism..

The best way to stop terrorist attacks on our homeland is to defend our borders air, land and sea with our military not to spend billions fighting in some other country.

Couple that with the LONG List in the Joint Authorization, and you have a Justification for the War.

If there was "joint authorization" then why are we footing the bill? there was no justification for continuing the invasion of Iraq. Once it was confirmed that htere were no WMD, we should have left.

Having our soldiers die in Afghanistan is pointless as well. Let the Taliban oppress their people, it is not worth dying for to protect the rights of those people.

Chaos Caused by things like 9/11 can, and in ways have Infringed on our "Freedoms"...

So we defend our freedoms by trampling the freedoms of people in other countries?

If they set off a Nuke in this Country, you will see your "Freedoms" Dwindle at an even Faster Pace

the best way to protect our freedoms is not to deny others their freedoms but to make it impossible for our enemies to attack our country with an impenetrable defense of our borders. that means a strictly enforced extremely discriminatory immigration policy couple with completely secure, air tight borders protected by our military.

And EVERY Dead Terrorist on the Battlefield is one LESS Terrorist that will come here...

And if you Deny that they didn't Migrate to Iraq and that Region to Battle our Soldiers, then you are Denying Reality.

You assume that all those terrorists had the means to come here to commit terrorist acts simply because they had the means to pick up a rifle and cross the border into Iraq. the vast majority of them don't. It only took a dozen people to take down the WTC. If we had our borders secure and our act together when it comes to immigration enforcement, we could have prevented it.

As far as I am Concerned, we should send a Message to ALL Terrorist Sympathetic ME Countries that if they don't Settle their own Animals, we will Settle their Kingdoms...

We'll See their Jihad and Raise them a Reformation.

You do realize that the main reason the USA is hated in the M.E. is that we've been meddling in and manipulating their governments for decades.

it is not our responsibility to "reform" any foreign government. it is our responsibility to protect our country and citizens. the best way to do that is to start treating entry into this country by foreigners as a privilege to be earned not a as a right to be given away.

Can't Speak to the Rationale behind the Korean and Vietnam Wars, but Iraq, in the Modern Day, was Funding, Harboring and Promoting Terrorism...
The US has funded, promoted and harbored terrorists at much larger scale than Iraq so your point is moot. Also the Bush Admin. did everything they could to mislead the public to thinking Saddam was responsible for 911. We can see that obviously worked by some of your other comments.
Lying and misleading the public and Congress is justification?

Again, Iraq had nothing to do with 911.
No it doesn't. In fact the US is creating more terrorists by bombing civilians, taking people away from their families in the middle of the night and holding them indefinitely, by occupying, by hiring lawless mercenaries, by purging Ba'athist workers and ex-military members...etc
If they set off a Nuke in this Country, you will see your "Freedoms" Dwindle at an even Faster Pace.
Terrorists do not have the capability to launch a missile with a nuclear warhead from Iraq. Scare tactics only work on the ignorant.
Are you saying every single person killed in Iraq was a terrorist? I would also think that anyone who had lost a close friend or family member because of US aggression is more likely to become a terrorist in the future. Look at the acts of terrorism in Iraq since the war. Would you say there are more now than before the war?
Yes but most foreign fighters that came into Iraq are from countries that are allies of the US.
But a new analysis published last month by experts at West Point shows that most of these individuals come from Saudi Arabia and Libya, as well as other North African countries such as Algeria, Morocco, and Tunisia. The analysis suggests that the bulk of foreign fighters originate from countries with whom the United States is allied with
New look at foreign fighters in Iraq | csmonitor.com
I noticed how you put in ME as if only the Middle East has ever had terrorists. Is this because you are ignorant to the history of terrorists or are you racist?

I noticed how you put in ME as if only the Middle East has ever had terrorists. Is this because you are ignorant to the history of terrorists or are you racist?[/QUOTE]

I didn't say Only...

peace...

I didn't say that Iraq did... It was Majority Saudi, yet you Probably Applaud our Attack on Afghanistan...

As for Iraqi Involvement in Terrorism Against the Trade Center...

I give you Iraqi Agent Ramzi Yousef... He was Partners with the 9/11 Mastermind on the first Attack on the Trade Center in 1993.

To say there is NO Connection to an Attack on the Trade Center is a Stretch, but then again I NEVER Claimed Saddam was behind the 11th, and you have Serious Issue with Incorrect Perceptions...

More likely than Not, it's Based in your Need to React Hysterically and Emotionally, as Opposed to Reading, Understand and Retaining what someone has Written.

Knocking your Shit Down is Boring...

NEXT!

peace...

I noticed how you put in ME as if only the Middle East has ever had terrorists. Is this because you are ignorant to the history of terrorists or are you racist?

I didn't say Only...

peace...[/QUOTE]
You said All the terrorists in the ME. I said only because you only mentioned terrorists in the ME.

Last edited:
Are you saying every single person killed in Iraq was a terrorist?

If you actually Read, Understood and Retained what I Wrote, you wouldn't be Asking that Ignorant and or Foolish Question...

peace...
Your actual statement was "And EVERY Dead Terrorist on the Battlefield is one LESS Terrorist that will come here" which is implying that all those who are dying in Iraq are only terrorists. Slam & dunk.

I didn't say that Iraq did... It was Majority Saudi, yet you Probably Applaud our Attack on Afghanistan...
You implied Iraq was part of 911 because we were talking about reasons for going to war against Iraq and you brought up 911
I have always been against the invasion of Afghanistan . Nice assumption.
As for Iraqi Involvement in Terrorism Against the Trade Center...

I give you Iraqi Agent Ramzi Yousef... He was Partners with the 9/11 Mastermind on the first Attack on the Trade Center in 1993.
Not 9-11, not Saddam.
To say there is NO Connection to an Attack on the Trade Center is a Stretch, but then again I NEVER Claimed Saddam was behind the 11th, and you have Serious Issue with Incorrect Perceptions...
Saddam was not behind 911 and that is no stretch. I didn't claim you said Saddam was behind 911, I merely mentioned Iraq had nothing to do with 911 because you brought 911 up while you were talking about Iraq as if they were related.
More likely than Not, it's Based in your Need to React Hysterically and Emotionally, as Opposed to Reading, Understand and Retaining what someone has Written.
I understood everything you wrote and your feeble attempt to back peddle is not fooling anyone.

Last edited:
I was watching the BBC series "World at War" for the umpteenth time the other day and heard a great quote:

"War is the builder of nations. The winners are free and the losers are slaves".

I'm not interested in being a slave or a dhimmy.

Forum List

Back