Komen Charity Ends Grants To Planned Parenthood

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
The nation's leading breast-cancer charity, Susan G. Komen for the Cure, is halting its partnerships with Planned Parenthood affiliates — creating a bitter rift, linked to the abortion debate, between two iconic organizations that have assisted millions of women.

The change will mean a cutoff of hundreds of thousands of dollars in grants, mainly for breast exams.

Planned Parenthood says the move results from Komen bowing to pressure from anti-abortion activists. Komen says the key reason is that Planned Parenthood is under investigation in Congress — a probe launched by a conservative Republican who was urged to act by anti-abortion groups.

see more: Komen Charity Ends Grants To Planned Parenthood : NPR

I say they are making a responsible decision,with the.misappropriation of funds by the obama admin,they want to ensure correct appropriation of their funding. Nothing wrong with that. They get my support.

So now the leftists are attempting to dictate where an organization's charitable contributions must go to?

Is there ANYTHING that you leftists don't want complete control of?

Just another example of dogmatic politics interfering with the good work charity do .

if its NOT public money govt should keep its nose out

If anyone is really serious about changing the Komen Foundation's mind, forget the petitions, contact them directly:

Susan G. Komen for the Cure

1 call is worth 1,000 names on an online petition, or 10,000 FaceBook "likes".

Tell them that you will immediately cease any donations until they reverse their decision. You can always donate to all the other cancer foundations out there in the interim.

Or if you're really, really serious, show up at their office. The addresses can be found from the link.

1 personal appearance is worth 100 calls.

Another victory in the Republican's war on women and the working poor.

Another victory in the Republican's war on infanticide and entitlement programs.

AND....Another victory in the Republican's war on American freedom.

And if by "entitlement" you mean something I worked for, earned and paid into my whole working life then I could not agree more. I'm fucking ENTITLED.

Another victory in the Republican's war on infanticide and entitlement programs.

50% of American women will have an unwanted pregnancy in their lifetime. The Republicans want the government to force these women to bring their pregnancy to term. Unwanted children are MUCH more likely to be abused.

Therefore, Republicans are pro child abuse.

And don't tell me an embryo is a human being. If it was, the thousands of frozen embryos in fertility labs in this country would have the right to own guns.

Why do you want women to kill their offspring? You worried any future girlfriend would actually expect you to be a man and step up to your responsibilities?

If anyone is really serious about changing the Komen Foundation's mind, forget the petitions, contact them directly:

Susan G. Komen for the Cure

1 call is worth 1,000 names on an online petition, or 10,000 FaceBook "likes".

Tell them that you will immediately cease any donations until they reverse their decision. You can always donate to all the other cancer foundations out there in the interim.

Or if you're really, really serious, show up at their office. The addresses can be found from the link.

1 personal appearance is worth 100 calls.

Can't you LEFTISTS see the "conflict of interest" here?

A breast cancer charity that wants to SAVE lives, giving money to an organization that openly promotes EXTERMINATING unborn babies?

Are you leftists THAT ignorant? Really? Over 50 MILLION unborn Americans have been exterminated since 1973. Isn't that ENOUGH?

So now the leftists are attempting to dictate where an organization's charitable contributions must go to?

Is there ANYTHING that you leftists don't want complete control of?

Hey stupid, did you even read the article?

Planned Parenthood has been a perennial target of protests, boycotts and funding cutoffs because of its role as the largest provider of abortions in the United States. Its nearly 800 health centers nationwide provide an array of other services, including birth control, testing for sexually transmitted diseases, and cancer screening.

It's not the leftists. It's the asswipe wingnuts that are doing this.

Why do you want women to kill their offspring? You worried any future girlfriend would actually expect you to be a man and step up to your responsibilities?

It's not what you, me or Chris wants. It's what the woman and her doctor decide. And if you don't like it you can just stay the fuck out of her decision.

Why do you want to dictate how other people live? Are you that fucking perfect?

Can't you LEFTISTS see the "conflict of interest" here?

A breast cancer charity that wants to SAVE lives, giving money to an organization that openly promotes EXTERMINATING unborn babies?

Are you leftists THAT ignorant? Really? Over 50 MILLION unborn Americans have been exterminated since 1973. Isn't that ENOUGH?

Ahh, the old Zygote defenders are out in force I see.

Don't let your head explode pal, opinions are like assholes. Unfortunately in your case you both have one and are one.

50% of American women will have an unwanted pregnancy in their lifetime. The Republicans want the government to force these women to bring their pregnancy to term. Unwanted children are MUCH more likely to be abused.

Therefore, Republicans are pro child abuse.

And don't tell me an embryo is a human being. If it was, the thousands of frozen embryos in fertility labs in this country would have the right to own guns.

Getting past the abortion subject, exactly how are those without health care insurance going to get breasts examinations?
I wonder what Susan Komen would think about all of this?

I guess they won't and to the tune of 170,000 per year. At least not until the wingnuts stops putting pressure on them.

I don't think the right denying 170,000 exams a year to poor women would set very well with her at all.

It's not what you, me or Chris wants. It's what the woman and her doctor decide. And if you don't like it you can just stay the fuck out of her decision.

Why do you want to dictate how other people live? Are you that fucking perfect?

Dont need to be perfect to understand that killing your children is wrong.

Why do you want to dictate that these children should have their lives taken from them when they are innocent?

Forum List

Back