Kola Drun: Pleasure-Pain (Comics?)

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
We know from allusions to the Kama Sutra (sacred-ancient Indian text about sexual pleasure 'metaphysics') and the graphic-horror film avatar Leatherface (iconic chainsaw-wielding cannibal from Texas Chainsaw Massacre franchise) that pleasure and pain are somehow 'transcendental,' something I've written about in the Philosophy section of USMB (link).

So how should we talk about the 'metaphysics' of pleasure-pain chaos (as opposed to the controlled meditations of pleasure and pain we see in the Kama Sutra and preconceived horror-cinema art)?

I'd like to try my hand at this subject by composing a 'Kama-Sutra-esque' metaphysics meditation on pleasure-and-pain (but told through a more pensive meditation of chaos rather than psychology).

I'll call my 'treatise' the Kola Drun (a 'spin' if you will on the words 'Kama Sutra').

This sort of meditation I think should inspire modern-day 'pedestrian polemics' in comic book media (e.g., books, films, cartoons, etc.)! Comic book characters such as Plastic Man (DC Comics), Carnage (Marvel Comics), Green Lantern (DC Comics), and Clayface (DC Comics) are conducive to such meditations, and they make such meditations more 'digestible' I think.

:dance:

====

"Never play with a loose-tooth, because it will make your dentist's job much harder, and you'll regret what you do with your gums like an amateur. If you're interested in S&M, consider horror-films or S&M novelty-store purchase, but for our purposes, the Kola Drun represents a more serious meditation on the 'contours' of pleasure and pain.

1. When you scratch your face while thinking in confusion, it can signify either anger/frustration or amusement/whimsicalness.

2. When you watch a popular actor appear in a horror-film (e.g., Matthew McConaughey in Texas Chainsaw: The Next Generation), you might meditate on the 'accessibility' of such graphic violence 'realism.'

3. When you sweat during athletic activity and you notice your own body-odor, you might also notice that moments of pain/strain take your mind away from body-odor, suggesting that pleasure-pain receptors in the brain are sensitized for 'response/reflex prioritization.'

4. When you slide your hand down a rail or bannister, you might meditate on the 'smoothness' of the experience, but you might also think about what it feels like to completely lose your grip (as your hand slides across), suggesting that any moment of control-sensation can yield imaginations of complete chaos/anarchy/devastation.

5. When you watch a news story of a terrible violent crime, you might think about why you would never do such a terrible thing, or (on the flip-side), you might for a moment meditate (perhaps even morbidly!) on what would happen if you ever tried such a thing (which might, ironically, be the intention of the criminal --- to goad the 'audience' in this age of media/news to undesirably fixate on the 'uncertainty' of law and civics...or even sanity).

6. When you burn your hand in fire or while touching something hot, you might think about moments of invincibility or even moments of complete confusion, since, after all, extreme heat disorients our mental feelings of mortality (right?).

7. When you enjoy the amorous feeling of holding a beautiful woman on your lap you are attracted to (and you happen to be a heterosexual male whom this hypothetical woman is attracted to in reciprocity), you might meditate on how the long-term 'amorous contact' makes you think about the 'pure thrill' of body heat itself!

These unusual 'psyche-considerations' comprise the pleasure-pain Anarchism-oriented 'gist' of the Kola Drun, so the key is to think calmly (and serious) about human thought itself, and never ever be arrogant about pleasure-pain thresholds. I personally find that the Christian teachings found in the Bible help me complement such meditations with pure temperance. Good luck and happy meditations..."

====

kola-drun.jpg

Forum List

Back