Koch & Wal-Mart Family Money trying to Shut Down Public Education?

Public education in the USA has been a complete and total failure. The best thing is to close the Department of Education

This is what political rhetoric is putting out. The right wing believes public education is evil and gets in the way of the facist profit making endeavor.

Exactly how is public education it failing?

Isn't the millions upon millions upon millions upon millions of of families enrolling their children in public schools an indicator that public schools are the schools of choice? YES

There's virtually no choice, Clown

Public education in the USA has been a complete and total failure. The best thing is to close the Department of Education

This is what political rhetoric is putting out. The right wing believes public education is evil and gets in the way of the facist profit making endeavor.

Exactly how is public education it failing?

Isn't the millions upon millions upon millions upon millions of of families enrolling their children in public schools an indicator that public schools are the schools of choice? YES

There's virtually no choice, Clown

If parents wanted to send their children to private schools are there plenty available? Yes

If parents wanted to send their children to a private parochial schools are they available? Yes

Isn’t the number of families enrolling their children in public schools an
indicator that public schools are the schools of choice? STILL Yes

Narrow minded right wing republicans decided to begin cutting funding levels to public schools then come back to say it is not working.

It's like if one quit putting dollars back into a business and skimming off the top simultaneously the operation is going to show strain and perhaps go out of business.

Obviously right wing thinkers are not the economic giants of our time.

Narrow minded right wing republicans decided to begin cutting funding levels to public schools then come back to say it is not working.

It's like if one quit putting dollars back into a business and skimming off the top simultaneously the operation is going to show strain and perhaps go out of business.

NYC spends $18,000 per HS student. 1/3 drop out. Of the 2/3 who "Graduate", the vast majority cannot read or write at Community college level

Our schools turnout uneducated, clueless, damaged minds who believe that capitalism is evil, America is Evil and can only turn to government subsidies

That's what the Democrat Party set up in our schools

NYC spends $18,000 per HS student. 1/3 drop out. Of the 2/3 who "Graduate", the vast majority cannot read or write at Community college level

Our schools turnout uneducated, clueless, damaged minds who believe that capitalism is evil, America is Evil and can only turn to government subsidies

Party line rhetoric without foundation = Nonsense.....

Last edited:
Not only do the elitists of the right wing want my tax dollars to support their kids' education, they want to defund public education so that they can better control the population. "Keep 'em down, keep 'em stupid."

Not only do the elitists of the right wing want my tax dollars to support their kids' education, they want to defund public education so that they can better control the population. "Keep 'em down, keep 'em stupid."

That's exactly what's happening now and it isn't the "right," sweetheart. Academia is overwhelmingly leftist.

Party line rhetoric without foundation = Nonsense.....

Truth hurts, doesn't it, tool.

ALEC Private Schools

Corporate Education Reformers Plot Next Steps at Secretive Meeting

ALEC Education "Academy" Launches on Island Resort
by Dustin Beilke

Today, hundreds of state legislators from across the nation will head out to an "island" resort on the coast of Florida to a unique "education academy" sponsored by the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC). There will be no students or teachers. Instead, legislators, representatives from right-wing think tanks and for-profit education corporations will meet behind closed doors to channel their inner Milton Friedman and promote the radical transformation of the American education system into a private, for-profit enterprise.

What is ALEC Scoring on Its Education "Report Card?"
Little is known about the agenda of the ALEC education meeting taking place at the Ritz Carlton on Amelia Island. The meeting is not open to the public and recently even the press has been kicked out of meetings and barred from attendance. So to understand the ALEC agenda with regard to education, it is important to examine ALEC's education "scorecard."

Imagine getting a report card from your teacher and finding out that you were graded not on how well you understood the course material or scored on the tests and assignments, but rather on to what extent you agreed with your teacher's strange public policy positions. That is the best way to understand the American Legislative Exchange Council's 17th Report Card on American Education released last week.

The report card's authors are Matthew Lardner, formerly of the Goldwater Institute, and Dan Lips, currently of the Goldwater Institute and formerly of the Heritage Foundation. They give every state's public schools an overall grade based on how they rate in 14 categories. Homeschooling, alternative teacher certification, charter schools, private school choice, and virtual learning make up 7 of the 14 categories. Of the other seven categories, two rate the states' academic standards and the other five have mostly to do with the way states retain "effective" teachers and fire "ineffective" ones.

ALEC's education bills encompass more than 20 years of effort to privatize public education through an ever-expanding....

Corporate Education Reformers Plot Next Steps at Secretive Meeting | Common Dreams

PAA In Florida
Jeb Bush and Michelle Rhee take a beating form PAA in Florida | Save Our Schools: March and National Call to Action | causes.com

Walton Money Against Public Education
Walton money takes over Wisconsin | Arkansas Blog

Charter Schools Are No Better than Public Schools, and Don't Expect Them to Change | Common Dreams

Milwaukee
The False Promises of ?School Choice? | Common Dreams

Thanks to billions poured into the segregated charter effort over the years from the federal treasury and from corporate foundations ($312 million from the Walton Foundation, alone), those peer-reviewed findings in 2009 were summarily ignored, so that now in 2013, there are 6,000+ charters in 42 states. This may be referred to as the Fill-the-Hole-with-Money Strategy.

You're free to keep posting link after link from as many biased, partisan Web sites as you want, but you're not going to stop us from recognizing the obvious. It is the "Liberals" who have destroyed the public education system in this country. That's a fact, bud, because you're the ones who by and large control it. You piss and whine about the Republicans rightfully promoting better alternatives, accusing them of trying to bring down the system, when in fact it is people like you who have already brought it down. End of story.

I've been fortunate to make enough money that I can send my son to a private school which is leaps and bounds beyond the government crap you want everyone's kids to be subjected to, yet I still have to pay for both. Unfortunately, most people don't have the financial means to take that option.

"I can send my son to a private school which is leaps and bounds beyond the government crap" = nonsense you only think that because you want to keep your child away from the "others".

Can private schools guarantee a better education than public schools? NO

Do private schools have to accept all students that need a high school diploma? No

If parents wanted to send their children to private schools are there plenty available? Yes

If parents wanted to send their children to a private parochial schools are they available? Yes

Isn’t the number of families enrolling their children in public schools an
indicator that public schools are the schools of choice? Yes

I too pay twice which is fine by me. You bet.

We homeschool our children because we like to get up an go when we feel like it. It's been a success and it has been fun.

Not all can homeschool and some should not. Not all can go to private schools and private schools have the leisure to discriminate in any area they choose.

Public schools have become victims of right wing BS and colored as evil which they are not. The right likes to portray something as evil if they believe some tax dollars can be swindled
into a profit making industry. We call this facism and money laundering.

Last edited:
13699_519779828043887_516810049_n.jpg

We homeschool our children because we like to get up an go when we feel like it. It's been a success and it has been fun.

Not all can homeschool and some should not. Not all can go to private schools and private schools have the leisure to discriminate in any area they choose.

Public schools have become victims of right wing BS and colored as evil which they are not. The right likes to portray something as evil if they believe some tax dollars can be swindled

I've had good luck with public schools. A lot depends on the parents also. What good is a dedicated teacher if the students spend spare time on phone, tv, and video games? Republicans don't like unions, they think that teachers are overpaid and can't be fired which for the most part isn't true.

I've had good luck with public schools. A lot depends on the parents also. What good is a dedicated teacher if the students spend spare time on phone, tv, and video games? Republicans don't like unions, they think that teachers are overpaid and can't be fired which for the most part isn't true.

It's up to teachers to provide tools and the parents job to see to it students are doing the final learning at home.

Teachers spend time at home preparing for class seems students and parents should spend time at home doing the same.

Of course, nobody is trying to shut down public education so you're entire premise is complete bullshit, but it sure wouldn't bother me if they were. Public education is a complete failure and I can think of few things more anti-liberty than forcing everyone's children into a government education program learning only the version of events the state would like them to learn.

Until the 50's we had one of the best, if not the best, education system in the world.

The biggest problem with it is that it hasn't changed enough since then. We still follow the agrarian calendar.

The other big problem is cultural and has nothing to do with schools. When parents don't value education, we shouldn't be surprised the students aren't successful. Our society encourages the notion that the successful are just lucky. There is even a touch of truth in that. But it all too often dismisses the hard work that success usually entails.

Forum List

Back