Koch Brothers’ Budget of $889 Million for 2016 Is on Par With Both Parties’ Spending

PGreen

Nov 24, 2014
The political network overseen by the conservative billionaires Charles G. and David H. Koch plans to spend close to $900 million on the 2016 campaign, an unparalleled effort by coordinated outside groups to shape a presidential election that is already on track to be the most expensive in history.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/27/u...-spend-900-million-on-2016-campaign.html?_r=0

I still don't understand what campaign funds actually do. It's a public process and a government function which is going to happen anyway. What does spending nearly a billion $ on television ads even do? It seems useless! Do they bet on people doing what their televisions tell them to do?

Through super pacs-not just them. If you want honesty, look at the dem super pacs and..

I wonder what Soros and sons will be along with Tom Steyer, and alllllllll the unions.

When the Nyslimes writes about all the Billionaires, , unions, etc spend on the Democrat party. I'll take something they say into account and care maybe

here we go with the K-O-C-H brothers again. sheesh

I think Koch understated their involvement, they're going to put in $3 or 4 billion easily

how much Tom Steyer or groups funded by George Soros plan on spending during the same election cycle? I bet just as much.

Can anyone on the Left explain the difference between George Soros and The Koch Brothers?

Can anyone on the Left explain the difference between George Soros and The Koch Brothers?

While both Koch and Soros both worked with the Nazis, the Kochs worked on oil industry while Soros was robbing Jews and calling it "the best days of his life"

The political network overseen by the conservative billionaires Charles G. and David H. Koch plans to spend close to $900 million on the 2016 campaign, an unparalleled effort by coordinated outside groups to shape a presidential election that is already on track to be the most expensive in history.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/27/u...-spend-900-million-on-2016-campaign.html?_r=0

I still don't understand what campaign funds actually do. It's a public process and a government function which is going to happen anyway. What does spending nearly a billion $ on television ads even do? It seems useless! Do they bet on people doing what their televisions tell them to do?

Yes, that's absolutely what they depend on. The average American voter doesn't start paying attention until about Labor Day of election year, and then make up their mind on the one of the following criteria:

1. Who looks coolest.
2. Who their friends talk about the most.
3. Who the TV talking heads cheer on the most.
4. Who says the right words about the one subject they care about.

Everything that goes before then is designed to pump up the base and the party donors.

And Hilary will still win.

Based on what we saw in Iowa this weekend... It's a done deal.
You still under stand there is 3 branches of Goverment right? I don't know why they always think the president is the prom king or queen prize, our government was not set up like that I guess that's why you all been crying obstructionist because you all never graduated from the 8th grade when it was mandatory in my youth to take that class

Last edited:

Forum List

Back