Koch Brothers, ALEC and Their Corporate Allies Plan to Privatize Government

No... assuming 11% of the people are trying to rig elections so that your candidates won't be elected is not a logical basis for potentially denying any already registered voter the right to vote by requiring them to jump through hoops due to your paranoia.

Is this paranoia? The democrats have a history of voter fraud, acorn sure is hell did not help them out much on the public relations part in 2006 and 2008 either.
History of democrat voter fraud and black opression. VOTER FRAUD BY DEMOCRATS AINT NEW! - YouTube[/url

No... assuming 11% of the people are trying to rig elections so that your candidates won't be elected is not a logical basis for potentially denying any already registered voter the right to vote by requiring them to jump through hoops due to your paranoia.

Is this paranoia? The democrats have a history of voter fraud, acorn sure is hell did not help them out much on the public relations part in 2006 and 2008 either.
PopModal - Player - Democrat Voter Fraud - How to Destroy a Nation

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nz305xKntI]History of democrat voter fraud and black opression. VOTER FRAUD BY DEMOCRATS AINT NEW! - YouTube[/ame]

Face it ALEC is anti American and does not represent democracy only corporate America aka Facism.
Face it the Apollo Alliance is anti American and does not represent democracy only Communism.

In case you're not up to speed. Apollo wrote the stimulus package and the cap and trade bill.
The APOLLO ALLIANCE consists of a coalition of UNIONS, like SEIU, Social Justice groups the likes of ACORN and at the helm is Van Jones a Communist that is obama’s (former)“Green Czar” and head of the Green Initiative.
Apollo Weekly Update, 2/20/09: Clean Energy Breakthrough in Stimulus, Next Steps
By: Keith Schneider
Date: 2/20/2009

While the clean energy focus of the stimulus was inspired by the Apollo’s vision, the specific content of many of the bill’s provisions was influenced by policy proposals that the Apollo Alliance made last year in The New Apollo Program and the Apollo Economic Recovery Act. “The recovery bill represents the focused work of labor, business, environmental and social justice organizations who developed a clear strategy about where the nation needed to go, and worked together to achieve it,” said Phil Angelides, former California treasurer and chairman of the Apollo Alliance.

As Senator Harry Reid, the Senate Majority Leader, noted in a statement. “We’ve talked about moving forward on these ideas for decades. The Apollo Alliance has been an important factor in helping us develop and execute a strategy that makes great progress on these goals and in motivating the public to support them.”

Just how would you go about prosecuting someone who has impersonated an eligible voter? I would bet that there are hundreds, if not thousands of cases with no way to identify a case of fraud, much less prosecute the offender.

Oh my what a THREAT!!!!! Let's see... 100,000,000 voters... 1,000 fraudulent voters.

I'm no Einstein but I figure that works out to a .001 percent chance to affect an election.

Shocking revelation Sherlock!

A thousand vote difference in Florida in 2000 would have elected Al Gore
In Wisconsin in 2010, Norm Coleman. Yup pretty important, no?

Just how would you go about prosecuting someone who has impersonated an eligible voter? I would bet that there are hundreds, if not thousands of cases with no way to identify a case of fraud, much less prosecute the offender.

Oh my what a THREAT!!!!! Let's see... 100,000,000 voters... 1,000 fraudulent voters.

I'm no Einstein but I figure that works out to a .001 percent chance to affect an election.

I don't know. There is no proof that all voter fraud is from democrat inclined voters. I do know that the efforts by our now Chief Justice and the "chad" controversy and the actions of Florida's secretary of state Katherine Harris effected more than 1000 ballots.

Meet ALEC

November 30, 2011 | by Elisabeth MacNamara

ALEC isn’t a guy. ALEC, the American Legislative Exchange Council, is a factory for anti-voter legislation, funded by power barons like Kraft Foods, McDonalds, Pfizer and the Koch brothers.

They are the driving force behind the recent flood of discriminatory voter ID laws, like the one in Texas, where a state-issued concealed handgun permit is an acceptable form of identification…but a state-issued student ID from a university is not.

The League is working tirelessly to fight back against these voter suppression schemes that could disenfranchise up to 5 million Americans in next year’s elections.

Voter impersonation is not the epidemic that these special interest groups would have you believe. Here are the facts:
5 Myths About Voter Impersonation

MYTH: Voter impersonation is a widespread problem.
FACT:Between 2002 and 2007, after undertaking a massive investigation into voting irregularities, the U.S. Justice Department did not prosecute a single individual for impersonating another voter at the polls.

MYTH: Third party registration drives contribute to voter impersonation.
FACT: Since 2008, only 31 cases of suspected voter impersonation have been reported to Florida authorities. But due to a restrictive new law there, the League has been forced to suspend its Florida voter registration activities for the first time in 72 years.

MYTH: Everyone either has an ID or can easily obtain one.
FACT: 11 percent of eligible voters or about 21 million people, don’t have updated, state-issued photo IDs. Furthermore, most states require producing a passport or birth certificate to get one. This presents a tremendous burden for people who work multiple jobs, lack transportation, have disabilities, live outside the state they were born, are poor or elderly.

MYTH: Election Day registration invites voter impersonation.
FACT: An investigation by the Secretary of State in Maine – which was the first state to adopt Election Day registration – did not find evidence of voting irregularities due to same day registration.

MYTH: Early voting increases voter impersonation.
FACT: Incidents of impersonation in early voting are just as rare as they are in Election Day balloting. A CBS News report on 17 early voting states revealed no widespread signs of irregularities in the 2008 election.

League of Women Voters

I'll ask the question again.

How is asking someone to prove they are legally eligible to vote discriminatory?

I don't know. There is no proof that all voter fraud is from democrat inclined voters. I do know that the efforts by our now Chief Justice and the "chad" controversy and the actions of Florida's secretary of state Katherine Harris effected more than 1000 ballots.

Shame on her for doing her job. :lol:

Meet ALEC

November 30, 2011 | by Elisabeth MacNamara

ALEC isn’t a guy. ALEC, the American Legislative Exchange Council, is a factory for anti-voter legislation, funded by power barons like Kraft Foods, McDonalds, Pfizer and the Koch brothers.

They are the driving force behind the recent flood of discriminatory voter ID laws, like the one in Texas, where a state-issued concealed handgun permit is an acceptable form of identification…but a state-issued student ID from a university is not.

The League is working tirelessly to fight back against these voter suppression schemes that could disenfranchise up to 5 million Americans in next year’s elections.

Voter impersonation is not the epidemic that these special interest groups would have you believe. Here are the facts:
5 Myths About Voter Impersonation

MYTH: Voter impersonation is a widespread problem.
FACT:Between 2002 and 2007, after undertaking a massive investigation into voting irregularities, the U.S. Justice Department did not prosecute a single individual for impersonating another voter at the polls.

MYTH: Third party registration drives contribute to voter impersonation.
FACT: Since 2008, only 31 cases of suspected voter impersonation have been reported to Florida authorities. But due to a restrictive new law there, the League has been forced to suspend its Florida voter registration activities for the first time in 72 years.

MYTH: Everyone either has an ID or can easily obtain one.
FACT: 11 percent of eligible voters or about 21 million people, don’t have updated, state-issued photo IDs. Furthermore, most states require producing a passport or birth certificate to get one. This presents a tremendous burden for people who work multiple jobs, lack transportation, have disabilities, live outside the state they were born, are poor or elderly.

MYTH: Election Day registration invites voter impersonation.
FACT: An investigation by the Secretary of State in Maine – which was the first state to adopt Election Day registration – did not find evidence of voting irregularities due to same day registration.

MYTH: Early voting increases voter impersonation.
FACT: Incidents of impersonation in early voting are just as rare as they are in Election Day balloting. A CBS News report on 17 early voting states revealed no widespread signs of irregularities in the 2008 election.

League of Women Voters

I'll ask the question again.

How is asking someone to prove they are legally eligible to vote discriminatory?

It discriminates against People breaking the Law, Silly. You know that. :lol:

The Republicans want to privatize Social Security, Medicare, and the military.

Plenty of good money to be made....

The important question here Huggy, is did you hurt yourself voting in the 2000 Election? Puncture Wounds? Can you see clearly out of both eyes? :eek:

It certainly is a logical basis. Elections are won with less than 11% margins.

As the Federal Government can attest to. :)

Hey, NYC Teachers are up for a $20, 000.00 a year raise. It's Christmas Everyday in NYC for Government workers, What Recession? What Deficit? Who are the highest paid State workers in NY again? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In a perfect world Bloomberg would have to pay for this grand scheme out of his own check book.

Well anyone, we are shown again who does and who does not profit in a Depression.

The important question here Huggy, is did you hurt yourself voting in the 2000 Election? Puncture Wounds? Can you see clearly out of both eyes? :eek:

Had no problem or injury voting for Bush in 2000. Thought he would get excellent council from his dad. I was wrong. I had not factored in Rove and Cheney. My bad.

Within +/- two feet I have needed reading glasses since I was 40. Outside of that I can still spot a sparrow flying at about half a mile...I can still differentiate an eagle from a seagull at around two miles.

Thanks for asking.

Privatizing SS would be good for you as you would have control over 15% of your life time income.

You would retire with more; much much more.

The SF Conservative Examiner reported that voter fraud is rampant in California,

In order to legally vote in California, voters must be at least 18, must be alive, and must be a Citizen of the United States, they cannot be recent felons, felons on parole, and they must be registered to vote and live in that district they vote in, and the voter can only vote one time in any election.

However, from San Francisco and all over California, it’s estimated that about 15% to 37% are casting fraudulent votes.

According to an election research done in Kern County, Ca in 2003, “we looked in detail at 2,460 of the 14,000 recently registered Democrat voters in Kern County that are registered to vote in the 30th Assembly District.

We were shocked and dismayed by what we found. Of the 2,460 voters that were examined 905 of these people in this sample cast fraudulent ballots. For example, we found;

* 69 people actually admitted voting at least twice. These are just the ones who admitted it.

* 93 people admitted that they voted but are not citizens of the United States. They were told that if they registered and voted, it would help them get their citizenship.

* 272 people actually admitted that they do not live in the 30th Assembly District but that they voted in the 30th Assembly District

We also found people who changed the spelling of their name slightly so that they could register and vote a second time. Someone named William also registered as Bill. We found people with the same name registered at the same address whose birthdays were exactly one year or one day apart. By changing their birth date, one person became two people with two votes.

The biggest problem that we found was the number of people who showed up at the polls and voted using someone else's name. We have testimony from people who report that they went to vote and found that their name had already been used.

LINK

In other words, your argument is that it's not possible for evidence to exist that would support your conclusion, therefore you will just assume your conclusion to be true. Mind boggling.

I find it hard to believe a student Id if it has their picture on it is not accepted..

so I'll just assume the rest of what they say is crap.

You do realize that many students attend school away from home and as residents of their home states vote by absentee ballot?
A driver's license or pistol permit is proof of residence. A student ID is not.

Identification proves who you are, not where you live. That's why passports are accepted. Nothing in a passport establishes residency. Try renting a car or opening a bank account and using your license as proof of residence. Don't expect to be successful.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back