Kobes' X rated trial

DKSuddeth said:
I don't know about anyone else, but If I ever happened to be with a woman that couldn't define from one minute to the next whether she was being raped, or attempted, then for my own sanity I'd have to get the hell away from the partially insane and questionably stable individual. Anyone else that could even THINK of trying to deal with the instability could actually be said to have deserved his fate.

Coming at this from the other side, seems to me that we are discussing 'date rape' or 'marital rape', where one partner doesn't wish to participate in some act the other does and may be 'forced to.' Seems where Kobe fits in the scheme of things. If I am getting this right, I have not really been following this, she came into his hotel room, after giving him a tour of the hotel. They start kissing, etc. Now it seems she agreed to certain acts, but balked at other.

Since I would have a very difficult time finding a male smaller than myself, (I'm not into 'little people'), I figure I could only be a 'victim.' However, in the two scenarios, I would not choose to be in a situation with someone that I hadn't had plenty of time to know what I wanted/didn't want to do. Obviously if NOT, I wouldn't put myself in the position of 'being alone' with that person. I see an argument coming with the case of saying that one will get in a car with someone that one 'knows' but not well. If a rape came from that, well it's in the 'normal' definition of rape. I am speaking of willfully entering someone's apartment, home, hotel room, etc.-or jumping in the backseat and voluntarily participating in some act(s). I doubt that you'll find someone more 'women's rights' than myself, but with rights come responsibility.

No doubt there has to be common sense applied, if we are talking about a 16, 17 year old girl, with a 23 year old or older 'celebrity', there are maturity issues. Not sure how this should be dealt with. However, an adult woman, that meets a guy at the mall or in a bar, goes to his place, says 'yes' to a sex act, then goes along to another, but says, "No" at the last moment, well dang, I just don't know what to say.

Now mind you, this has nothing to do with how one is dressed, talks, teases, etc. Women do not have rape 'coming.' In the Kobe case, we are not talking about a bunch of idiots and a pool table. He seems like a jerk, but she seems to have been mesmerized by something; height? celebrity? race? money? At the same time it seems to me that women have a responsibility not to put themselves in locales alone with men they do not know and men, same thing, to keep you out of trouble. Really, what kind of adults just meet someone and say, "Let's get it on?"

Date rape/marital rape are extremely different than what was traditionally refered to as rape. Someone breaks into your home or grabs you off the sidewalk, or is hiding in the back of your car. These perps should be locked up forever. This is the type of crime that is violent and power driven. Also the type of criminal that has little chance of rehab, they hate women.

I think many of the 'date rape' cases are confused people, getting into situations that they never should have allowed themselves to enter. I think date rape can happen to the hapless high school, college person that thinks, 'yes' then changes mind. Marital rape is by definition an abusive situation, which is unlikely to be reported unless the woman has decided this is the best way to get 'him' locked up.

Unless I'm way off in the Kobe scenario, he's a snarky person, that only an idiot would want anything to do with. The 'woman' ignored the obnoxious, mesmerized by some aspect of his persona, she went too far, her mistake. Harsh I know.

Moi said:
If I consent to making out or even a hand job, then say that I don't want intercourse are you saying that you would argue that I have no right?

no, thats not what I'm saying. If whatever it is you agree to, in this case the handjob, and then it goes further but you say no, then go that much further on your own, then say no when the man decides to continue, then after no you continue....Thats what I'm talking about. If you haven't made up your mind and stuck to it, why would I want to continue knowing that you truly haven't come to a conclusion what it is you want to do. Thats just opening the door for accusations and I'm not down with that.

DKSuddeth said:
no, thats not what I'm saying. If whatever it is you agree to, in this case the handjob, and then it goes further but you say no, then go that much further on your own, then say no when the man decides to continue, then after no you continue....Thats what I'm talking about. If you haven't made up your mind and stuck to it, why would I want to continue knowing that you truly haven't come to a conclusion what it is you want to do. Thats just opening the door for accusations and I'm not down with that.
I'm just not following...If I say yes to a hand job, perform said hand job than what would or could continue without both of us being present. If I consent to something further well then, get your jollies. But if at that point I say no, than the matter should drop and you should walk away (or cuddle or smoke or shower or whatever). There's nothing wrong with changing your mind about sex- either having it or not having it.

Just don't use force or threats to get me to change my mind.

Moi said:
I only disagree with those who are wrong. Moreover, you are sarcastic, narrow-minded and rude. For your daughter's sake, I hope the rest of the people she comes into contact with are better equipped to deal with such a serious issue, especially the men.

How's this - how about fuck you and the high-horse you road in on....Arrogant asshole. You stick to your guns though - in the face of facts.

Worthless...that's you. in one word. Quote me ONCE where I was rude to ONE person on here who replies with even a MODICUM of decency. Does NOT happy. Narrow-minded? See - your problem - you insult...you name call...you make up adjectives and insults without reason or ration.

:puke3: :puke3:

Here's some prophecy - Your next reply will be something like:

"See? You resort to name calling"....

:youaredumb:

-=d=- said:
How's this - how about fuck you and the high-horse you road in on....Arrogant asshole. You stick to your guns though - in the face of facts.

Worthless...that's you. in one word. Quote me ONCE where I was rude to ONE person on here who replies with even a MODICUM of decency. Does NOT happy. Narrow-minded? See - your problem - you insult...you name call...you make up adjectives and insults without reason or ration.

:puke3: :puke3:

Here's some prophecy - Your next reply will be something like:

"See? You resort to name calling"....

:youaredumb:
You are wrong again. And you're also warned.

Moi said:
You are wrong again. And you're also warned.

Let me get this straight - you take an argument PERSONAL/Throw insults; You even bring up my FAMILY, yet I'm warned for giving it BACK???

Pathetic.

gop_jeff said:
I think the whole thing just boils down to keeping sex inside the bonds of marriage...

but that's just little ol' fundamentalist me! :D

So THATS why we have marriage !

Forum List

Back