Know Why The Left Hides History?

And yet that is exactly what was happening when Jefferson included your favorite quote in his letter to James Madison. They were talking about Shay's Rebellion in Massachusetts.
No...that wasn’t what was happening. At all. That was a rebellion against a tyrannical government that afforded them no representation. The thugs of Missouri have an abundance of representation.

In addition, the thugs of Missouri were rioting because justice was properly and legally served against a fellow thug.

Even implying that Missouri and Shay’s Rebellion were the same thing is appalling on an unthinkable level. And it’s extremely disingenuous.

Democrats still trace their beginnings to the party of Jefferson and his ideals.
Tell us, Regent, are these the Jeffersonian “ideals” that the Dumbocrats sooooo embrace according to you?
"The policy of the American government is to leave their citizens free, neither restraining nor aiding them in their pursuits." -Thomas Jefferson
When is the last time a left-winger didn’t want the government to restrain someone else and simultaneously aid them in their pursuits? I can promise you it wasn’t since long before the late 1800’s when the left embraced the idiocy of Karl Marx.

Democrats still trace their beginnings to the party of Jefferson and his ideals.
Tell us, Regent, are these the Jeffersonian “ideals” that the Dumbocrats sooooo embrace according to you?
"The policy of the American government is to leave their citizens free, neither restraining nor aiding them in their pursuits." -Thomas Jefferson
When is the last time a left-winger didn’t want the government to restrain someone else and simultaneously aid them in their pursuits? I can promise you it wasn’t since long before the late 1800’s when the left embraced the idiocy of Karl Marx.
Jefferson's beliefs are probably summed up best, with the Declaration of Independence.
How about Trumps? A Trump twitter would be OK.

Jefferson's beliefs are probably summed up best, with the Declaration of Independence.

No, they wouldn't be; Jefferson had no real problem with slavery, for one, and in fact highly recommended slave trading to his friends for its investment potential, which in his case worked out to a solid risk free 10% a year returns. He also thought this:

Every society has a right to fix the fundamental principles of its association, and to say to all individuals, that if they contemplate pursuits beyond the limits of these principles and involving dangers which the society chooses to avoid, they must go somewhere else for their exercise; that we want no citizens, and still less ephemeral and pseudo-citizens, on such terms. We may exclude them from our territory, as we do persons infected with disease.

Thomas Jefferson to William H. Crawford, 1816

This i
s what Trump should be doing now, rounding up Democrats and deporting them, since they're openly endorsing treason and overthrowing elections, calling for assassinations of police officers, ethnic cleansing of whites, arrest and imprisonment of Christians, etc,, just for starters.

Yes they are. But that’s not what I asked you. Why is it that every time you are proven wrong, you change the topic of the discussion?

Are you really so insecure and immature that you cannot admit that you were wrong? That you were duped? Thomas Jefferson is the ultimate constitutional conservative. He’s “Tea Party” on steroids. The left considers that “extremism” these days.

Everything the left believes and supports can be traced directly to Joseph Stalin, not Thomas Jefferson.

No, they wouldn't be; Jefferson had no real problem with slavery, for one, and in fact highly recommended slave trading to his friends for its investment potential
That is astounding ignorance. Thomas Jefferson abhorred slavery. He vehemently opposed it. Please stop talking about Thomas Jefferson. You clearly don’t know anything about him.

In a letter to Edward Rutledge:
“I congratulate you, my dear friend, on the law of your state for suspending the importation of slaves, and for the glory you have justly acquired by endeavoring to prevent it for ever. this abomination must have an end, and there is a superior bench reserved in heaven for those who hasten it.” - Thomas Jefferson (July 14, 1781)
In a letter to Edward Coles:
“My sentiments on the subject of slavery have long since been in the possession of the public, and time has only served to give them stronger root. The love of justice and the love of country plead equally the cause of these people; and it is a moral reproach to us that they should have pleaded it so long in vain.… Yet the hour of emancipation is advancing in the march of time. It will come.” - Thomas Jefferson (August 25, 1814)
In a letter to Thomas Cooper
“There is nothing I would not sacrifice to a practicable plan of abolishing every vestige of this moral and political depravity” - Thomas Jefferson (September 10, 1814)
Hell, he attempted to outlaw slavery before the U.S. even declared independence:
“In 1769 I became a member of the [Virginia] legislature.… I made one effort in that body for the permission of the emancipation of slaves, which was rejected” - Thomas Jefferson (1821)
Thomas Jefferson spent decades railing against slavery. He hated everything about it.

No, they wouldn't be; Jefferson had no real problem with slavery, for one, and in fact highly recommended slave trading to his friends for its investment potential
That is astounding ignorance. Thomas Jefferson abhorred slavery. He vehemently opposed it. Please stop talking about Thomas Jefferson. You clearly don’t know anything about him.

“I congratulate you, my dear friend, on the law of your state for suspending the importation of slaves, and for the glory you have justly acquired by endeavoring to prevent it for ever. this abomination must have an end, and there is a superior bench reserved in heaven for those who hasten it.” - Thomas Jefferson (July 14, 1781)
“My sentiments on the subject of slavery have long since been in the possession of the public, and time has only served to give them stronger root. The love of justice and the love of country plead equally the cause of these people; and it is a moral reproach to us that they should have pleaded it so long in vain.… Yet the hour of emancipation is advancing in the march of time. It will come.” - Thomas Jefferson (August 25, 1814)
“There is nothing I would not sacrifice to a practicable plan of abolishing every vestige of this moral and political depravity” - Thomas Jefferson (September 10, 1814)
Hell, he attempted to outlaw slavery before the U.S. even declared independence:
“In 1769 I became a member of the [Virginia] legislature.… I made one effort in that body for the permission of the emancipation of slaves, which was rejected” - Thomas Jefferson (1821)
Thomas Jefferson spent decades railing against slavery. He hated everything about it.

lol Absolute rubbish. He traded in slaves his entire life, at one time he owned over 600 of them, and unlike many of his contemporaries, he didn't free hardly any of them in his will after he died. You don't squat about Jefferson; he loved the slave business, it financed his lifestyle very well. You confuse his political rhetoric with what he actually thought, which of course is just stupid to do, for any of the 'Founders' in fact; what they say for political consumption had little to do with what they actually thought and did.

lol Absolute rubbish. He traded in slaves his entire life, at one time he owned over 600 of them, and unlike many of his contemporaries, he didn't free hardly any of them in his will after he died. You don't know squat about Jefferson; he loved the slave business, it financed his lifestyle very well. You confuse his political rhetoric with what he actually thought, which of course is just stupid to do, for any of the 'Founders' in fact; what they say for political consumption had little to do with what they actually thought and did.

No slave business, no Monticello, no Jefferson the aristocrat, no Jefferson the politician at leisure..

lol Absolute rubbish.
That is the exact response an ignorant person - who was just proven wrong with indisputable facts - would provide.
He traded in slaves his entire life, at one time he owned over 600 of them
That would be because he inherited them from his parents and his wife’s parents. That’s how it worked during that era.
Through his marriage to Martha Wayles in 1772 and inheritance from his father-in-law John Wayles, in 1773 Jefferson inherited two plantations and 135 slaves.
In addition, he never owned 600 slaves at “one time”, you dumb ass. That would be unsustainable. It is estimated that he had 600 over his entire lifetime.
and unlike many of his contemporaries, he didn't free hardly any of them in his will after he died.
And if you were educated about history (and Thomas Jefferson), you would understand why. But sadly, you are astoundingly ignorant.

Early progress with regards to ending slavery was a law permitting slave owners to free their slaves upon their death. That is essentially what George Washington did (he had a provision which said upon his wife’s death because he didn’t want her left with a plantation and no way to care for it). What happened was that slaves who had no property, no money, and couldn’t even read or write were freed and became a burden to society. By the time Thomas Jefferson had died, the law was changed to say that you must provide each slave you free upon your death with “x” amount of money (I forget what it was). Everyone who actually knows about Thomas Jefferson knows that he died about $200,000 in debt. So he couldn’t free his slaves, you ignorant dimwit. It was against the law.
You confuse his political rhetoric with what he actually thought
Oh you poor little dumb monkey. I provided original writings from Thomas Jefferson himself - and they were private letters to close, personal friends. They had nothing to do with public, political positions. Those were his true positions. You got owned. Be a big boy and just admit you were/are completely ignorant about Thomas Jefferson, our founders, and American history.

No slave business, no Monticello, no Jefferson the aristocrat, no Jefferson the politician at leisure..
No education, no knowledge, no shame or modesty results in Picaro the astoundingly ignorant jack-ass.

Just declaring that Jefferson owned “over 600 slaves at one time” destroys any and all credibility you might have had about Jefferson. That is fall down hilarious and easily disprovable. There wasn’t nearly enough food during that era to feed 600 slaves, even with the small rations they received. :lmao:

It is called progress. Customs, acts, laws change over the years as people become enlightened and want to improve life for more people. Americans. Just one example is slavery, or even women's right to vote. There are probably practices today that in later years people will wonder about the backwardness of this age, Probably won't be war, however. One of the great periods of change, was called the Age of Enlightenment.

Forum List

Back