Know Who Knows What's Best?

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1."During a Michigan House Education Committee hearing earlier this month, Debbie Squires, director of the Michigan Elementary and Middle Schools Principals Association, told members that while parents may have have the best intentions, they may not know what‘s best for their children’s education.

2. “[Educators] are the people who know best about how to serve children, that’s not necessarily true of an individual resident,” Squires said.

3. Squires responded by saying again that parents might want what’s best for their children, but might not have the capability to know."
Michigan Education Official Debbie Squires Says Parents Might Not Know What’s Best | Video | TheBlaze.com

And, in a related story:
4. "Food police reject preschooler's homemade lunch... in favour of chicken nuggets.

5. A preschool girl was told her homemade meal wasn't healthy enough - so a school cafeteria monitor made her eat chicken nuggets instead.

6. The rejected meal consisted of a turkey and cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread, with a side of a banana, potato chips, and apple juice.

7. 'What got me so mad is, number one, don’t tell my kid I’m not packing her lunch box properly,' the mother from North Carolina, who wished to remain anonymous, told a local newspaper.

8. The Department of Health and Human Services requires students to eat lunches that consist of meat, milk, grain, and two servings of fruit or vegetables."
Food police reject preschooler's homemade lunch... in favour of chicken nuggets | Mail Online

And, the historical authorization for the above:

9. Woodrow Wilson wrote in the 'Adminsrtative State' of an area of government separate from politics, one of experts, and technocrats:

"For the Progressives, there was something special about civil servants that somehow raised them above the ordinary self-interestedness of human nature. Such confidence came from a faith that the progressive power of history had elevated public servants to a level of objectivity. They would, supposedly, be able to disregard their own private or particular inclinations in order to dedicate themselves to the objective good. Because of this disinterestedness, restraints on their discretion were unnecessary."
The Birth of the Administrative State: Where It Came From and What It Means for Limited Government

All their supporters want from Progressive government is relief from the burden of thinking.....

1."During a Michigan House Education Committee hearing earlier this month, Debbie Squires, director of the Michigan Elementary and Middle Schools Principals Association, told members that while parents may have have the best intentions, they may not know what‘s best for their children’s education.

2. “[Educators] are the people who know best about how to serve children, that’s not necessarily true of an individual resident,” Squires said.

3. Squires responded by saying again that parents might want what’s best for their children, but might not have the capability to know."
Michigan Education Official Debbie Squires Says Parents Might Not Know What’s Best | Video | TheBlaze.com

And, in a related story:
4. "Food police reject preschooler's homemade lunch... in favour of chicken nuggets.

5. A preschool girl was told her homemade meal wasn't healthy enough - so a school cafeteria monitor made her eat chicken nuggets instead.

6. The rejected meal consisted of a turkey and cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread, with a side of a banana, potato chips, and apple juice.

7. 'What got me so mad is, number one, don’t tell my kid I’m not packing her lunch box properly,' the mother from North Carolina, who wished to remain anonymous, told a local newspaper.

8. The Department of Health and Human Services requires students to eat lunches that consist of meat, milk, grain, and two servings of fruit or vegetables."
Food police reject preschooler's homemade lunch... in favour of chicken nuggets | Mail Online

And, the historical authorization for the above:

9. Woodrow Wilson wrote in the 'Adminsrtative State' of an area of government separate from politics, one of experts, and technocrats:

"For the Progressives, there was something special about civil servants that somehow raised them above the ordinary self-interestedness of human nature. Such confidence came from a faith that the progressive power of history had elevated public servants to a level of objectivity. They would, supposedly, be able to disregard their own private or particular inclinations in order to dedicate themselves to the objective good. Because of this disinterestedness, restraints on their discretion were unnecessary."
The Birth of the Administrative State: Where It Came From and What It Means for Limited Government

All their supporters want from Progressive government is relief from the burden of thinking.....

The #3 point video has been removed by the user.

Yes, from the original site and it gets weirder for education experts if you follow the links:

Education Mich. Education Official: Educators, Not Parents Know What‘s Best for Kids’ Education

Michigan Education Official Debbie Squires Says Parents Might Not Know Whats Best

Debbie Squires

Editor’s note: we are aware that the videos of the testimony have been removed. Stay tuned for a follow-up story regarding this development.

It‘s a comment that’s causing quite the controversy in Michigan and forcing the question: Who knows whats‘ best for a child’s education?

During a Michigan House Education Committee hearing earlier this month, Debbie Squires, director of the Michigan Elementary and Middle Schools Principals Association, told members that while parents may have have the best intentions, they may not know what‘s best for their children’s education.

“[Educators] are the people who know best about how to serve children, that’s not necessarily true of an individual resident,” Squires said. “I‘m not saying they don’t want the best for their children, but they may not know what actually is best from an education standpoint.”

That prompted a retort from Chairman Thomas McMillin: “Wow, parents don‘t know what’s best for their child…”

Squires responded by saying again that parents might want what’s best for their children, but might not have the capability to know.

Here are Squires comments, which came during a discussion about a new school choice program that would allow more parents to send their kids to charter schools, especially those online:

Oh and how the country has changed since Wilson was President.

The family has disintegrated and the government (State, Federal and local) has took a seat at your dinner table. I can understanding wanting kids to eat well at school and providing those who cannot afford a meal something to eat but this is ridiculous.

It's a well known fact that liberals tend to have higher IQ and they are better educated.
Yes, liberals keep telling each other that.

Ha -- like we ever hesitated reminding that to the concervatives as well ;)
Unfortunately for you, conservatives (note the correct spelling, you high-IQ and well-educated liberal) aren't as gullible as you are.

And I notice you deleted the rest of my post. Do you really think that means it doesn't exist?

Apparently, in addition to being experts in everything, liberals are gullible, too.

Perhaps you should read my signature. It's apropos.​

Personal attacks and the use of stereotypes always convince me to change my opinions....

Only the brightest use these tactics.

Psychologists are so cool. I had one just walk away and quit talking to me. They behave as though there subject is so complicated. I had one PhD psychologists who I do respect, he was on of the top 6 men in the country in his specialty, tell me that most clinical psychologists go into the field to solve their own problems and fail.

psik

Forum List

Back