Know this about Mitt Romney?

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Wow...to see the vermin coming out of the woodwork to attack Ann and Mitt Romney after the speech last night....

Bet many didn't know about this:

"1. In July 1996, the 14-year-old daughter of Robert Gay, a partner at Bain Capital, had disappeared. She had attended a rave party in New York City and gotten high on ecstasy. Three days later, her distraught father had no idea where she was. Romney took immediate action. He closed down the entire firm and asked all 30 partners and employees to fly to New York to help find Gay’s daughter.

2. Romney set up a command center at the LaGuardia Marriott and hired a private detective firm to assist with the search. He established a toll-free number for tips, coordinating the effort with the NYPD, and went through his Rolodex and called everyone Bain did business with in New York, and asked them to help find his friend’s missing daughter.

3. Romney’s accountants at Price Waterhouse Cooper put up posters on street poles, while cashiers at a pharmacy owned by Bain put fliers in the bag of every shopper. Romney and the other Bain employees scoured every part of New York and talked with everyone they could – prostitutes, drug addicts – anyone.

4. That day, their hunt made the evening news, which featured photos of the girl and the Bain employees searching for her. As a result, a teenage boy phoned in, asked if there was a reward, and then hung up abruptly. The NYPD traced the call to a home in New Jersey, where they found the girl in the basement, shivering and experiencing withdrawal symptoms from a massive ecstasy dose. Doctors later said the girl might not have survived another day. Romney’s former partner credits Mitt Romney with saving his daughter’s life, saying, “It was the most amazing thing, and I’ll never forget this to the day I die.”

5. So, here’s my epiphany: Mitt Romney simply can’t help himself. He sees a problem, and his mind immediately sets to work solving it, sometimes consciously, and sometimes not-so-consciously. He doesn’t do it for self-aggrandizement, or for personal gain. He does it because that’s just how he’s wired.

6. Many people are unaware of the fact that when Romney was asked by his old employer, Bill Bain, to come back to Bain & Company as CEO to rescue the firm from bankruptcy, Romney left Bain Capital to work at Bain & Company for an annual salary of one dollar. When Romney went to the rescue of the 2002 Salt Lake Olympics, he accepted no salary for three years, and wouldn’t use an expense account. He also accepted no salary as Governor of Massachusetts.

Character counts!! (and yes...that's worth reading again!)

7. ... this account comports with the known facts."
Mitt Romney's Character - Urban Legends

Wow...to see the vermin coming out of the woodwork to attack Ann and Mitt Romney after the speech last night....

"1. In July 1996, the 14-year-old daughter of Robert Gay, a partner at Bain Capital, had disappeared. She had attended a rave party in New York City and gotten high on ecstasy. Three days later, her distraught father had no idea where she was. Romney took immediate action. He closed down the entire firm and asked all 30 partners and employees to fly to New York to help find Gay’s daughter.

2. Romney set up a command center at the LaGuardia Marriott and hired a private detective firm to assist with the search. He established a toll-free number for tips, coordinating the effort with the NYPD, and went through his Rolodex and called everyone Bain did business with in New York, and asked them to help find his friend’s missing daughter.

3. Romney’s accountants at Price Waterhouse Cooper put up posters on street poles, while cashiers at a pharmacy owned by Bain put fliers in the bag of every shopper. Romney and the other Bain employees scoured every part of New York and talked with everyone they could – prostitutes, drug addicts – anyone.

4. That day, their hunt made the evening news, which featured photos of the girl and the Bain employees searching for her. As a result, a teenage boy phoned in, asked if there was a reward, and then hung up abruptly. The NYPD traced the call to a home in New Jersey, where they found the girl in the basement, shivering and experiencing withdrawal symptoms from a massive ecstasy dose. Doctors later said the girl might not have survived another day. Romney’s former partner credits Mitt Romney with saving his daughter’s life, saying, “It was the most amazing thing, and I’ll never forget this to the day I die.”

5. So, here’s my epiphany: Mitt Romney simply can’t help himself. He sees a problem, and his mind immediately sets to work solving it, sometimes consciously, and sometimes not-so-consciously. He doesn’t do it for self-aggrandizement, or for personal gain. He does it because that’s just how he’s wired.

6. Many people are unaware of the fact that when Romney was asked by his old employer, Bill Bain, to come back to Bain & Company as CEO to rescue the firm from bankruptcy, Romney left Bain Capital to work at Bain & Company for an annual salary of one dollar. When Romney went to the rescue of the 2002 Salt Lake Olympics, he accepted no salary for three years, and wouldn’t use an expense account. He also accepted no salary as Governor of Massachusetts.

Heard the story before. I never have thought of Romney as a bad person on the personal level. In fact, I supported him in 2008. I just disagree with his political direction at this time. He has moved far away from where he was a few years ago, politically speaking. He is now a shill for the far right.

All too many people have been turned off by the rightward turn of Romney. And his choice of Ryan as Vice has not helped that perception.

All too many people have been turned off by the rightward turn of Romney. And his choice of Ryan as Vice has not helped that perception.

There are enough former Republicans like myself who just can't stomach the far rightward turn of the party. I know quite a few Republicans and ex-Republicans who are voting Democrat this time around. Romney and the Republicans need a big bounce out of this convention, and I don't think they are going to get it. We might see a small move of a couple of points, maybe as much as five points, but that will all turn after the Democratic Convention.

Lawd help us all, the left is complaining that Mitt is too far right today. Yesterday they were sure he wasn't "right" enough.

He's a moderate, he's not too far left or right. He has core values and a drive to tackle what needs to be tackled.

No matter what your perception, what we have ain't working. Surprise!! (not, lol) Mitt gets my vote. ;)

There are enough former Republicans like myself who just can't stomach the far rightward turn of the party. I know quite a few Republicans and ex-Republicans who are voting Democrat this time around. Romney and the Republicans need a big bounce out of this convention, and I don't think they are going to get it. We might see a small move of a couple of points, maybe as much as five points, but that will all turn after the Democratic Convention.

It isn't about the democrats and the republicans vote, it's about the independents and which way they'll swing come Nov.

Romney nor his lieutenant governor took salaries, which were $135,000 and $120,000 per year, respectively, while in office.

Most politicians, regardless of their personal wealth or finances, would have, in my opinion. It is hard for ppl to grasp that others are willing to try to help their country, without compensation.

Thanks PoliticalChic, for another inspiring and informative thread. You are awesome!

You are right. We won't hear this story from MSM or probably even Fox. But that is the character of Mitt Romney. What we will hear is that Anne Romney speaks of how every mom knows how the price of groceries and gas is going up and how the cost of their child entering a sports is sometimes prohibitive and libs will say, "What does she know?"

There's just something wrong with this picture. Very wrong.

Didn't know that. Don't believe it just yet either.

Didn't know that. Don't believe it just yet either.

"Don't believe it just yet either."

Well, then, just speak to Ravi....

....she knows about it.

Yeah, but he's still a Republican, a Mormon, and he killed that loser's wife.

Yeah--Romney "killed my wife"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcOJkzUrnx0]CNN Sets The Record Straight On The Despicable New Ad From President Obama's Super PAC - YouTube[/ame]

Cartoon.jpg

Seems to be an inordinate number of "former Republicans like myself who just can't stomach..."

What were the Republican positions that you formerly endorsed that you now see in the Democrats?

A couple....

Seems to be an inordinate number of "former Republicans like myself who just can't stomach..."

What were the Republican positions that you formerly endorsed that you now see in the Democrats?

A couple....
Not democrats... Libertarians. My god people just can't get past the two party system.

As I've always said; he deserves a better party than the GOP.

As I've always said; he deserves a better party than the GOP.

I feel the same way....too bad there aren't even more conservatives.

Forum List

Back