Know any rich people in real life?

Rich is of course, very relative.

I know plenty of financially wealthy people that are miserable fucks, just like i know many financially unstable people that are happy.

as for me, I enjoy my career (although slow at this time adn would love for a change of employment), have financial stability (though not oodles of dispensable money) and have good friends and family.

My ex is wealthy...he's one of the most miserable people I've ever has the misfortune of meeting.

He's also incredibly stingy.

I'm not rich enough to be subjected to obama's tax proposal. My wife and I make a little short of 200K/year. I think I'm happier than most but that isn't all due to money. It's due to a great wife, fine kids, a job I don't mind doing, and the ability to take care of our family.

The wealthy I know live modestly...

When I was younger I knew a few rich kids who came from wealthy families..

I knew a kid who chose a nose job over a brand new car for his 18th birthday present.

Better drugs,better toys, better wine-food and finer women.
Other than that it's the same as anyone else.
Look at the lunatics in Holiweird. Case closed.
It is kinda nice to go look at farmland and not worry about checking the account balance beforehand.:cool:

I love to fantasize about winning the lotto....what a blast that would be.

But what it comes down to..I wouldn't necessarily live much differently...but definitely get some scaled up toys...and houses....and domestic help......it would be so much fun to set members of my family up! To go on a couple of vacations with the whole crew...I'd love to take everybody to Europe for a summer...wouldn't that be fun!

Lol..did you ever watch that show that followed those poor sad losers after they won the lottery...and went through their winnings, and had their lives fall apart around them...ikes

I love to fantasize about winning the lotto....what a blast that would be.

But what it comes down to..I wouldn't necessarily live much differently...but definitely get some scaled up toys...and houses....and domestic help......it would be so much fun to set members of my family up! To go on a couple of vacations with the whole crew...I'd love to take everybody to Europe for a summer...wouldn't that be fun!

I'd give most of it away. That would be fun.

the richest guy i know founded, then took public a pharmaceutical company a number of years ago. i've never known him to have a date (man or woman) and he lives alone in one of the coolest mansions you've ever seen. really nice guy but i've never quite figured him out.

Some people are just happy by themselves.

I'm happy by myself...or I would be, if I didn't have all these kids. Once the kids are grown, I'll be happy by myself. REALLY happy. I'm already planning it. I LOVE doing things alone...not that I don't love doing things with my family....

In fact, fantasizing what life will be like after the youngest graduates is almost as fun as fantasizing about winning the lotto..

Last edited:
In my next life I wanna be rich!!! Yep, I'd like to try that puppy on for size! :)

Give a greedy individual $100,000,000 and they will waste it...

I don't even know what I would do with that much money....

I'd probably build my dream house (which would be a museum), buy a few nice cars and make sure I had enough to pay my property taxes off for life and give the majority away.

At least I would like to think I would.

I'd probably just continue being me......

It would be really cool to have a collection of artifacts tho... Imagine having an original copy of the Bill of Rights, or a Mammoth, or an Egyptian Mummy, gigantic meteors... Even a complete dinosaur skeleton like the T-Rex at the Field Museum..

That would be so awesome....

I'd have one of the lamest or coolest homes ever....

Of course if I decided I would want that....

I would just want a fully functioning horse ranch, with houses for my nearest and dearest and enough work to give them something to do.

It would have to be a really big ranch. Okay, maybe we'd get a couple...

BJ19.jpg

Harrison, Arkansas Ranch for Sale by Owner

Give a greedy individual $100,000,000 and they will waste it...

I don't even know what I would do with that much money....

I'd probably build my dream house (which would be a museum), buy a few nice cars and make sure I had enough to pay my property taxes off for life and give the majority away.

At least I would like to think I would.

I'd probably just continue being me......

It would be really cool to have a collection of artifacts tho... Imagine having an original copy of the Bill of Rights, or a Mammoth, or an Egyptian Mummy, gigantic meteors... Even a complete dinosaur skeleton like the T-Rex at the Field Museum..

That would be so awesome....

I'd have one of the lamest or coolest homes ever....

Of course if I decided I would want that....

That would be a bit creepy to be surrounded by all those artifacts! Mummy? Mammoth? I don't know man...sounds a bit creepy to me! :lol:

You can spend time in museums any time you want to...I wouldn't want it in my house. You want to be able to go home and not worry about inhaling mummy germs.

I won't bore you all with pious tales of how hard I've worked (and how many toes I've trodden on) to reach the level of comfort I enjoy today, but I am reasonably well-off by most standards. Though I wouldn't say I'm rich, and I'm still markedly vulnerable to industry and market shifts.

I'm on friendly terms with two competitors (well, I say competitors, but each could crush me under their heel if they wished) who are both very wealthy. They both inherited large civil engineering/demolition companies, both of which operate on an international scale (I'm still just a domestic operator). Anyway, one thing that's struck me about them both which must impact on both their happiness and wellbeing is their fear of kidnap or some assault on themselves or their family that would come as a result of their wealth. They're both very wary of people they meet for the first time and have invested heavily in security for their homes. I'd certainly like their money, but I wouldn't want to be looking over my shoulder like they both do. But they seem happy enough, and I'm sure their wealth must provide considerable peace of mind.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back