Knives

I'm old school. I swear by Henckel.

This is the knife I use 99% of the time.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FMVS0E/ref=asc_df_B000FMVS0E1863460?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=pg-837-17-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395097&creativeASIN=B000FMVS0E]Amazon.com: Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Four Star II 8-Inch Stainless-Steel Chef's Knife: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

Ok two things......

First a link to one of the most amazing knife manufactures in the entire USA.

Warthers Museum Dover, Ohio - Warther Knife Making

And then, a favorite knife? Go on and pick one.....

DSCF0666.jpg

What makes them "one of the most amazing"?

Ok two things......

DSCF0666.jpg

The Original Warther (2 or 3 generations back) created the technique that they still use because he wanted his carving knives to hold their edge longer and better, also he was tired of hearing his mother complain about not having a sharp paring knife. His family still makes their knives the same way today. I have one of the paring knives and use it nearly every day..........

That and the pliers they carve from a single block of wood....really different.....

Henckel for me.
But you have to be careful buying them. They need to be the "S" type or "four star".
You'll know by the price.
The rest are no better than knives you can buy at Walmart.

My favorite is my four star Henckel Asian knife. Perfect balance and super-sharp. Yeah it is an $80 knife...but if you do much cooking...it is worth every penny.

Last edited:
Ok two things......

DSCF0666.jpg

The Original Warther (2 or 3 generations back) created the technique that they still use because he wanted his carving knives to hold their edge longer and better, also he was tired of hearing his mother complain about not having a sharp paring knife. His family still makes their knives the same way today. I have one of the paring knives and use it nearly every day..........

That and the pliers they carve from a single block of wood....really different.....
That looks like the shit sold on the middle of the night shows.
Here's my perpetually attached to my belt knife.

Attachments

• $wharton07106.JPG
    $wharton07106.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 69
Henckel for me.
But you have to be careful buying them. They need to be the "S" type or "four star".
You'll know buy the price.

My favorite is my four star Henckel Asian knife. Perfect balance and super-sharp. Yeah it is an $80 knife...but if you do much cooking...it is worth every penny.

Exactly.

It used to be JA Henckel was safe, but even that has been polluted by Chinese knock-offs under the "JA Henckel International" moniker.

That looks like the shit sold on the middle of the night shows.
Here's my perpetually attached to my belt knife.

To be honest that looks like a late night knife too!:lol: Here is mine...

Attachments

• $006.JPG
    $006.JPG
    270.6 KB · Views: 70
  • $011.JPG
    $011.JPG
    281.6 KB · Views: 58
Henckel for me.

Exactly.

It used to be JA Henckel was safe, but even that has been polluted by Chinese knock-offs under the "JA Henckel International" moniker.

Yep...a couple years ago I was in a Bed, Bath and Beyond and was looking at their knives. I ran across a complete set of "Henckels" for $49...obviously something was up since a Henckel paring knife will cost that...so when I got home I looked them up...yep...Chinese shit. Amazon also sells the "fake" Henckels.
It is a damn shame that such a good company has sold off their name and allowed knock-offs.

Please, though some of those are obviously meant to be decorative, if you look close enough you will see 3 military issue among the mix. One of which is a WW1 German Bayonet....

Henckel for me.

Exactly.

Yep...a couple years ago I was in a Bed, Bath and Beyond and was looking at their knives. I ran across a complete set of "Henckels" for $49...obviously something was up since a Henckel paring knife will cost that...so when I got home I looked them up...yep...Chinese shit. Amazon also sells the "fake" Henckels.
It is a damn shame that such a good company has sold off their name and allowed knock-offs.

I haven't seen any fake Warthers out there.........

ya know...i had a problem linking in this thread too... not sure what the problem is.

Google

Bob Kramer Carbon Steel Chefs Knife

Very nice but Amazon lists just ONE for $350
:eek:
I could see paying that much for a 4-6 piece set but not just one 10" chef's knife
k-polished.jpg

Besides being hand made with an exotic wood handle.

The blade is "Damascus" pattern steel.

Which means that the forged steel was hot hammered and folded dozens of times.

Besides making it incredibly strong and the ability to hold a razor sharp edge..

The thin layers create an extremely beautiful one of a kind pattern on the blade.

Pictures don't do a Damascus blade justice.

You have to hold a Damascus knife in your hand to see the amazing workmanship and spectacular beauty of one of these unique knives.

Agreed.... :eusa_drool:

When it comes to top of the line Chef knives.

I like a knife that has Vanadium listed as one the metals in the blade.

Generally, it will say V-1 or the even better V-10

Vanadium makes the blade more rust resistant.

Plus gives the knife an even harder edge which will sharpen to a razor sharp edge that lasts a long time.

Forum List

Back