Knives....swords....Tennessee tooth-picks

jon_forward

Nov 18, 2003
nashville.tn
Do we have any knife collectors here? I am re-staring my collection as when I got my 2nd Divorce the ex got most everything I had. I only have one hand made blade so far, with bone for handle. Indian neck knife. several old pocket knives, old henry, case. Am looking for some reasonably priced stone"knippers" ..Picked up 5 blades from yard sales this week-end. All are made by Frost Cutlery. Most of em look like Freedie Krogger desighed them. But they are all stainless steel and sharper then hell. Once I get my camera working I will post em.

I sort of consider myself a knife collecter. U have a few: Ka-Bar, Gerber, pilots survival knife, a few custom designed ones (one that has a long blade (around 9 inches, I think) semetrical, double bladed.) I buy a knife now and then, but I dont know if Im a collector. I like knives. Knives and guns are my thing.

Me too, Mostly mid sized folders from higher end production companies. But I use them and work them. they take a beating from me.

lately I have been carrying the big Ken Onion assisted opening guy made of ccm whatever powder metal, with the almost-a-switchblade gizmo in it and a liner lock and the G10 scales.

I have a Boker Bud Nealy MCS tanto neck knife, I wear it all through the warm weather months.

I've got a few Benchmades , including the original E.Emerson cqc7. hell of a knife.

I've got a Bob Dozier Yukon Skinner made of D2 steel

I do have one that I have never cut anything with , A Boker Applegate/Fairbaine. Col. Rex Applegate's improvement over the Sykes-fairbane.

And of course a whole bunch of random fleamarket scout knives and such. I actually found a KaBar scout knife for like five bucks, in perfect condition.

The other day I was perusing the swedish Lapp style hunters, so simple but made from laminated steel giving it a hell of an edge. hard to tell what you're looking at on the 'net , though.....

I've got a bunch of knives and guns myself. Of the knives, I have two Buck 110's. The tip broke off on both of them, and I had to grind and polish a new tip on the blade. I don't carry either of my Buck's anymore. Now I have a Kershaw 1550ST, all metal, made in America. One hell of a nice little folder. I bought it at Wal Mart. Cost me like $55.00. It has the clip on it, and the blade is spring loaded, so all you have to do is give the pin a little push and snap, the blade opens and locks. Nice knife I think.

I also have a couple Italian made switch blades I like. I don't carry or use them for anything, although they're made real nice. They're just conversation pieces.

I've got a few knives and guns. None that are really "collectors", though. I use them. I've got a ruger 10/22, a ruger 77/22 mag, a pre-64 winchester m70 270win, ruger m77 300win mag, a remington 870 12ga, a remington 700 223. I've got a buck folding hunter, a buck vanguard, a case bonestag folding hunter, and a buck slimline that I carry all the time. And of course a boning knife, an 8" utility knife, and a 10" steak knife.

Forum List

Back