Knife To Gun Fight, Knife Wins?!? Oh Yeah, Behind The Knife Was A Marine

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Annie, May 30, 2006.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Links at site

http://kg.typepad.com/banter/2006/05/united_states_m.html

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +620
    I hear our local paper spun this a bit too..Haven't read it, Here's the Headline..."Former Marine fends off robbers Pregnant assailant dies after Midtown confrontation.".

*ASSHOLE LIBERAL PRESS*

3. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,204
    Even more impressive since its a pocket knife, unless Marines are given really big pocket knives.

4. Redhots

Redhots Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Kinda loses some punch when you find out the one out of the five he killed was a girl, apparently pregnant to boot too.

Not that that excuses her for putting herself in that situation, but, yeah, real bad-ass there.

To see people giving him a virtual high-five for this is just... something i'll never understand.

5. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    And people not thinking 'way to go' for defending yourself, no matter who it's against, is not something I'll ever understand.

If somebody comes after me, I'm gonna shoot him, stab him, claw, bite, scratch... Hell, I'll feed him his own testicles if I have to, and I don't care if 'he' is a 'she,' or if she's pregnant, or if her parents are around, grandparents, little kids, innocent bystanders, whatever. That mofo's getting it right in the face.

6. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    :wtf:

I'll never get this attitude of whoa is the criminal. Whoa is the teacher who has sex with her students. Whoa is the gay guy who kidnaps and molests little boys. Whoa is the robber who breaks into someones home and ends up dead by the homeowners gun.

This marine, whose age they conviently left out, did what any human had to do to survive. If that means that this dumb bitch, who was pregnant and traveling with 4 thugs with guns, died, then so be it. Not the top candidate for mother of the year there and more then likely, this marine did the country a favor by eliminating 2 more mouths to feed. Everyone is responsible for their own actions. This woman chose to endanger herself and by proxy her child. She deserves what she got.

7. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    IF you're within 20 feet of someone with a holstered gun, you can have a knife in them before they clear the holster. If you're fighting more than one opponent, two to three are the optimum number of assailants, particularly if they have trained together as a unit. More than that just get in each others way, especially a bunch of punks against a battle-tested Marine. And I'm sure his knife wasn't just a "pocket-knife". You can carry a lock-back with a 4" blade comfortably in your front pocket, and tactical folders, such as those made by Emerson, Benchmade, Strider Knives and others, are designed for quick deployment from a front pocket.

Congrats to the Marine for cleaning up the streets.

8. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    Holy crap! I am aghast at this line of thinking.

Ok, have it your way, the Marine killed FOUR assailants (one of whom had a shotgun!) who were intent on doing him bodily harm, unfortunately, a pregnant women was collateral damage. Of course, it the pregnant woman had not been hanging around with four criminals, she migh be alive. The Marine in question is indeed a "bad-ass"!

It is obvious that you have never been faced with even one assailant never mind five. Your comment tells me that you are very brave over the internet but have never been in peril. Easy to make your kind of comments from that position. To see some people denigrating his bravery and competence in this is just...something I detest!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. nukeman

nukeman Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Let me get this straight!! You are saying that the "victim" should have stopped, looked at each and everyone of his attackers, and than decided which he should defend himself against. Just because this piece of scum happened to be a womanhe should discount her as a possible attacker. I think you missed the part about them being armed with GUNS.

As for the ex-marine being a bad-ass.. Your damn right he's a bad-ass he took out 5 people who were armed with GUNS. This stupid bitch deserved what she got for "pulling a gun" on a percieved defensless man.

Would you have felt better if the ex-marine was a woman who took out these peices of shit...????

10. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    There's no such thing as an ex-marine...BLASHPHEMER!!

Psst...they're called retired Marines. Once a Marine...

As for the pocketknife, I was indeed thinking a lock-blade with a couple inches on it. I know most people are thinking Swiss Army knives, but I don't think a Marine would just be carrying one of those toothpicks.