Knesset is to debate recognizing the Armenian genocide

admonit

VIP Member
Nov 23, 2017
Next week the Knesset is to debate recognizing the Armenian genocide.

"The Knesset has been marking the Armenian genocide every year since 2012, but proposals of the sort are usually blocked because of the special relationship with Azerbaijan. The assumption is they will be blocked again."
Knesset to debate recognizing Armenian genocide amid spat with Turkey

I hope that Haaretz is wrong and this time the recognition of the bloody event will be approved.

Nobody cares.

True story...... :cool:
You mean that people care about a bunch of terrorists killed at Gaza border rather than about systematic extermination of more than million Armenians 100 years ago? This time I probably agree with you.

Next week the Knesset is to debate recognizing the Armenian genocide.

"The Knesset has been marking the Armenian genocide every year since 2012, but proposals of the sort are usually blocked because of the special relationship with Azerbaijan. The assumption is they will be blocked again."
Knesset to debate recognizing Armenian genocide amid spat with Turkey

I hope that Haaretz is wrong and this time the recognition of the bloody event will be approved.

WTH is wrong with people? It's like recognizing that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel or that the sky is actually blue.

People should be shot for even discussing whether to recognize the obvious.

The issue here is politics. Do we recognize reality, thereby pissing off Muslims? Well guess what, they will be pissed off no matter what you do so......

And yes, the Holocaust happened as well, I'm afraid.

Can't help but agree with post #2. So many actual problems to face in the present... why waste a debate on something that happened 100 years ago that nothing can be done about, and no recompense can be given?

Can't help but agree with post #2. So many actual problems to face in the present... why waste a debate on something that happened 100 years ago that nothing can be done about, and no recompense can be given?
And many current problems are rooted in the past. You cannot expect fair solutions today if you ignore historical injustice.

Though this is more relevant for the middle eastern forum.

All those who say that there're more important issues of the day don't know anything about daily news in the middle east.

This is exactly the issue of the day, and has been going for months now.
Turkey attacks Israel politically and incites Muslim countries to an all out war,
Current elections are happening at critical time when the economy is in sharp fall.
Erdogan tries to raise points by the most old trick in the deck in the middle east, when inner problems arise- call all shots on Israel.

Turkish lira hits record low, down 20% against dollar this year

This step is a diplomatic answer and adjustment in Israeli-Turkish relations.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back