Knee Surgery

Is knee surgery is the best option to go for, if you are suffering from the severe knee pain.
My wife has had both of hers done and it changed her life for the better. Much better. She was really suffering with atheritic knees to the point is was painful just to walk across the room. The only down side are the air line security checks. They scan her every time to make sure a little old lady in her seventies isn't going to hijack the flight.

Is knee surgery is the best option to go for, if you are suffering from the severe knee pain.
My wife has had both of hers done and it changed her life for the better. Much better. She was really suffering with atheritic knees to the point is was painful just to walk across the room. The only down side are the air line security checks. They scan her every time to make sure a little old lady in her seventies isn't going to hijack the flight.

My mum likes the new hip she got 6 or 7 years ago. It really helped with her pain. But she doesn't want to go for the knee, but then she's 89.

Honestly depends on a number of factors. My mom and my sister both had bad knees and had knee replacement surgery recommended. My sister, who was in her early fifties at the time, opted to do it because she still had a lot of years left in which she didn't want to be unable to walk around, so it was worth the pain and effort of rehab. My mom, on the other hand, is 81. She feels she's not going to be around a lot longer, wouldn't be particularly mobile and active even after the surgery and rehab, and so just didn't want to put herself through the pain and effort.

I would discuss it in depth with your doctor in regards to your life needs and goals, and the projected outcome.

Forum List

Back