Klein frustrated over gay marriage

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Said1, Jul 22, 2005.

1. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    Honestly, I hope he is. Ralph Klein has used campaigne slogans along the lines of "let's send those eastern creeps and bums back to Ontario". The man is an asshole AND a liberal party reject. I wish he'd go back to the booze, kept him busy. :wine:

Link

2. HorhayAtAMD

HorhayAtAMD Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Hey now, that is my premier you are talking about there!! :finger3:

You would be amazed (or maybe not) at how much talk of seperation there is over here right now. To be honest, I think it is a very loud, very small minority but still, it is a sign that the old feelings of Western alienation are resurfacing. Your average redneck Albertan hates the federal liberal government with a passion and holds Ontario solely responsible for re-electing them against the wishes of the rest of the country.

3. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    I have a slight idea as to how popular the idea of seperation is in Alberta. How much provincial ownership does Alberta have in certain resources.....out of curiousity? Too bad Canada is so regionally minded, esepcially in the praries where communities (cities ect) are much more isolated.

Oh, and next time, I hope those Albertians who come here looking for work remember how much they hate Ontario. When my mother runs for mayor (which she is) she can borrow Kleins old slogans. :D

4. Isaac Brock

Isaac Brock Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Western alienation is also alive and well in Manitoba. While, Manitoba was province that overwhelmingly supported same-sex marriage it would be nice for Ontario and Quebec to stop dictating their edicts to other parts of the country.

While I know I'm slightly off-topic. I think a lot of this alienation in the West and seperatism in Quebec could be alleviated by giving more power back the provinces.

5. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    What edicts? BTW, I like being the boss, don't imagine I'll change my bossy Ontario ways soon. (J/K) :cof:

I agree totally and feel Atlantic Canada would benefit the most, considering the amount of empty promises continually thrown their way by the feds.

6. HorhayAtAMD

HorhayAtAMD Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31
    I don't know about provincial ownership of our resources and quite frankly, I don't care that much. I am 100% a federalist. The only thing that kind of annoys me is that I don't feel Quebec pulls their weight. There is no reason why that province, with its population and resources, should be on the receiving end of transfer payments. BC too has little excuse.

Wow, good luck to your mom! How exciting!