KKK group seeks Adopt-A-Highway OK

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
The Ku Klux Klan wants to “adopt” a stretch of highway in North Georgia, which would allow the white supremacy group to receive official state recognition for cleaning litter from the road, according to records obtained by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution through an open records request.

KKK group seeks Adopt-A-Highway OK  | ajc.com

The more money they spend for Road Cleanup the less they have for Lynchings and Cross Burnings right?

"Adopt a Highway" system is a ripoff anyway because you already pay taxes for that at the pump. It's really just a different way of buying roadside advertising isn't it?

In this case the members actually volunteer to pick up the trash.

I wonder if they'll wear their hoods.

Will people throw out more trash on that stretch of highway?

As in, throwing trash at trash.

Your link and title of this thread are misleading; when I went to your link, this is what I found:
The group calls themselves:
International Keystone Knights Realm of Georgia.

Maybe in the land where a "coke" can mean 7-up, I can understand that this was not intentionally misleading.

So, I went to *their* site, and was surprised to find that:
1. They fully support the US Constitution
2. They don't burn crosses
3. They abhor violence
4. They do not hate other races, but "hate the injustice done by ALL races"

They can't spell worth a funk, and sound like a buncha rednecks, but for Negro politicians to spend YOUR tax dollars trying to keep them from beautifying YOUR roads because they are "domestic terrorists" is a bit...oh, what's the word....NEGROISH.

Your link and title of this thread are misleading; when I went to your link, this is what I found:

Maybe in the land where a "coke" can mean 7-up, I can understand that this was not intentionally misleading.

3. They abhor violence

They can't spell worth a funk, and sound like a buncha rednecks, but for Negro politicians to spend YOUR tax dollars trying to keep them from beautifying YOUR roads because they are "domestic terrorists" is a bit...oh, what's the word....NEGROISH.
:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Quit being a wuss.

3. They abhor violence

Dumb ass

The Georgia Department of Transportation is reviewing the May 21 request filed by International Keystone Knights of the KKK in Union County and are set to meet with lawyers from the state attorney general’s office today to decide what to do.

x.jpg

Application denied.

I'm surprised.
Georgia cited public safety concerns in denying the Union County Klan's application to participate in the program.

"The impact of erecting a road sign naming an organization which has a long rooted history of civil disturbance would cause a significant public concern," the Georgia Department of Transportation wrote the Klan chapter.

"Impacts include safety of the travelling public, potential social unrest, driver distraction or interference with the flow of traffic."

Harley Hanson, whose formal title is the Exalted Cyclops of the Union County Klan, had earlier said his group would consider legal action if the application were denied.

Georgia rejects Ku Klux Klan bid to 'adopt' highway | Reuters

Forum List

Back