KKK Controversy

Gremlin-USA

<<< Me in 1970
May 20, 2010
Gremlinville, USA
students were allowed to wear KKK-type robes during a class project

Hunte is the second Georgia teacher is in trouble over letting students dress up in sheets simulating the Ku Klux Klan

Yesterday there was a huge uproar when people learned a School in GA had a Teacher that did a class project wearing KKK costumes, the Teacher is was White

Racism and Bigotry was screamed at the top of peoples lungs.

Well Today it is announced a second School in GA had a similar school project involving KKK costumes at a different School, the Teacher is Black

Is it still racism?, the same screamers are being much quieter today hmmmmmm......

Second Teacher At Center Of KKK Controversy - News Story - WSB Atlanta

I don't either one was racist...unless of course the students were being taught that lynchings are an admirable activity.

It sounds like an effective lesson and the controversy could also be used as a "teachable moment" Too often kids are taught what is "right and good" but rarely are they taught "wrong and evil". Kudos to that teacher.

It's simple.

All whites are racist, no matter what they do, say or think.

No blacks are racist, no matter what they do, say or think.

Once you understand this, it will make sense.

If you hate another race - JUST STOP! A Latino wears a shirt that says Brown pride will spark a much different reaction from a Caucasian wearing one that says White pride. Racism is madness! Thought we were passed that!

No one is being "quieter". Another bullshit lie. The 8th grade teacher, Sweetwater Middle School teacher Stephanie Hunt, was ordered directly to HR for an explanation. She'll be lucky if she keeps her job.

It's simple.

What I understand is that you sure to love to keep the pot stirring with your anti-Black rhetoric! You are an author, have you ever read Black Like Me? If so, did you get anything out of it at all? Maybe just a crumb?

It's simple.

What I understand is that you sure to love to keep the pot stirring with your anti-Black rhetoric! You are an author, have you ever read Black Like Me? If so, did you get anything out of it at all? Maybe just a crumb?

So you deny that whites are labeled racists for just about anything while blacks can actually BE racists and no one will say anything?

It's simple.

So you deny that whites are labeled racists for just about anything while blacks can actually BE racists and no one will say anything?

To answer your question: Once upon a time in America a White person could call a Black person the N word, boy, monkey, or whatever in a public place and the Black person had better not utter a word or lift a finger or they would be severly beaten (possibly hanged) and/or put in jail. White ppl loved being racists...it was their lifestyle and to be less was to show that you were a coward and weak. We have come a long ways from back then for the most part and it's wonderful that we have. I can't deny that White ppl are being labeled racists BUT I can't see where it's for just about anything when Blacks have shown acts of racism too. For instance, when Taylor Swift was on the Grammy Awards show and Kanye West embarrassed her by saying that Beyonce' should have won the award I could have put my hand thru the tv screen and smacked the living daylights out of his drunken ass. He was rude, disrespectful and acting like a...RACIST!! I'm glad her mother spoke up and told him about himself! Personally, I can't say that I haven't encountered racism in my life but NOW it's a whole lot less. I work in an office with three other White ppl and we are family. With all of the other problems we have to face everyday racism should be at the bottom of the barrel. Racism is not going to pay my gas bill, telephone bill, buy my food, feed my cat, keep a roof over my head. I don't believe in racism...never have and never will. May God Bless You and your family!

But Kanye West got away with it. He lost no contracts, no respect, no nothing. In fact, he probably GAINED a lot of street cred with blacks. We are today what blacks once were --- you can fuck with us completely and get away with it. We are totally powerless.

But Kanye West got away with it. He lost no contracts, no respect, no nothing. In fact, he probably GAINED a lot of street cred with blacks. We are today what blacks once were --- you can fuck with us completely and get away with it. We are totally powerless.

Oh, will you stop whinning? Where is your WHITE PRIDE?? Powerless, are you kidding? Is Mitch McConnell powerless? Hell fucking no! Is Paul Rand powerless? Hell fucking no! C'mon now you still got White folks who hate Blacks in your corner...you just have to look for them!

Oh, will you stop whinning? Where is your WHITE PRIDE?? Powerless, are you kidding? Is Mitch McConnell powerless? Hell fucking no! Is Paul Rand powerless? Hell fucking no! C'mon now you still got White folks who hate Blacks in your corner...you just have to look for them!

Indeed we do, but if the pop up they are whacked on the head, and rightfully so, but blacks are allowed to say just whatever about whites. You can't deny the double standard.

Indeed we do, but if the pop up they are whacked on the head, and rightfully so, but blacks are allowed to say just whatever about whites. You can't deny the double standard.

Well that's because you are getting back what you have been doing to blacks all of these years! Remember the saying "what goes around comes around'? Well, now it's your turn to feel what it's like to feel like you are being discriminated against? Believe me, it's not the Blacks who are doing it to you...it's your own ppl!! Ironic isn't it?

Well that's because you are getting back what you have been doing to blacks all of these years! Remember the saying "what goes around comes around'? Well, now it's your turn to feel what it's like to feel like you are being discriminated against? Believe me, it's not the Blacks who are doing it to you...it's your own ppl!! Ironic isn't it?

Wait... so you're justifying black on white racism by what was done by my ancestors to your ancestors? Well in that case, I know some Jews who owe some Germans a beat down.

That was the lamest thing I've ever read on the internet Casper, and I've read some ReALLY lame things.

Wait... so you're justifying black on white racism by what was done by my ancestors to your ancestors? Well in that case, I know some Jews who owe some Germans a beat down.

That was the lamest thing I've ever read on the internet Casper, and I've read some ReALLY lame things.

I tell you what, I know how to answer this racial stigma that you and I have been debating about for how long today?

In my city of Louisville, KY is a fund raising program called Crusade for Children which benefits the disabled and injured children throughout Kentucky and Indiana. These ppl do not care about the color or race of these children, all they care about is that they are donated funds to help make the lives of these children better. The fire departments collect donations from motorists, schools have car washes and bake sales, etc. IMO this is more important than arguiing about whether or not Blacks and Whites can get along...I know we can b/c I do everyday of the week. Plus, I'm part White myself (green eyes...hello!). And another thing that is more important, I work for an agency ElderServe, Inc and I schedule services so that elderly citizens can continue to live in their homes and apartments as long as they can. Yet, our legislature is voting to cut back on their home delivered meals and these ppl depend on that. If not for those meals, how are they going to eat? A lot of them do not have family members to help them. Instead of fighting with me about race, why not help me come up with solutions on how to help these elderly people? BTW they are White and Black and low-income.

I tell you what, I know how to answer this racial stigma that you and I have been debating about for how long today?

In my city of Louisville, KY is a fund raising program called Crusade for Children which benefits the disabled and injured children throughout Kentucky and Indiana. These ppl do not care about the color or race of these children, all they care about is that they are donated funds to help make the lives of these children better. The fire departments collect donations from motorists, schools have car washes and bake sales, etc. IMO this is more important than arguiing about whether or not Blacks and Whites can get along...I know we can b/c I do everyday of the week. Plus, I'm part White myself (green eyes...hello!). And another thing that is more important, I work for an agency ElderServe, Inc and I schedule services so that elderly citizens can continue to live in their homes and apartments as long as they can. Yet, our legislature is voting to cut back on their home delivered meals and these ppl depend on that. If not for those meals, how are they going to eat? A lot of them do not have family members to help them. Instead of fighting with me about race, why not help me come up with solutions on how to help these elderly people? BTW they are White and Black and low-income.

Because I'm in Arkansas , be a long drive to help you brother. But, good on you to do so. I do my own charity work, just don't feel the need to post about it.

Because I'm in Arkansas , be a long drive to help you brother. But, good on you to do so. I do my own charity work, just don't feel the need to post about it.

First of all I am not a brother and with your attitude I wouldn't want you to be mine! You are not a very nice person or that's how you portray yourself to be. So I am ending this conversation NOW!! Think what you want...I love all ppl and if you can't handle that then that's on you because life goes on!! Goodnite.

Forum List

Back