kitten found at end of drive way

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
i had a miserable day....fighting with everyone......the aides at the assisted living washed mom's new cell phone and ruined it....the packing job...we couldnt find the house....it was just a bad day all the way around....i was so glad to get home....i pull up...check the mail....and then look down...in the tall grass is a kitten with so much pus in its eyes when it shook its head pus when everywhere......so i call the humane to see if they can take it...they cant and offer to humanely kill it...i am like wtf?

so my vet is closed....so i call another vet who is willing to see the kitten.....so back to town i go with the kitten.....

i kept calling it 'kitten found at end of drive way'.....after the vet checked it out and wormed it...and tested its eyes and gave me eye drops .....

introducing monkey:

007-24.jpg

we have drops for the infected eyes

006-28.jpg

thor looking at monkey

008-24.jpg

sleeping off the day....in hubbys shoebox

And warm cloths on eyes to draw out the pus and get that going....sometimes they can pull through it if you can just keep them clean. He looks pretty wasted though.

big day for her....poked and prodded etc...wormed.....etc....eye drops....she is wasted.....and needs to rest...eat rest and take eye drops

i had a miserable day....fighting with everyone......the aides at the assisted living washed mom's new cell phone and ruined it....the packing job...we couldnt find the house....it was just a bad day all the way around....i was so glad to get home....i pull up...check the mail....and then look down...in the tall grass is a kitten with so much pus in its eyes when it shook its head pus when everywhere......so i call the humane to see if they can take it...they cant and offer to humanely kill it...i am like wtf?

so my vet is closed....so i call another vet who is willing to see the kitten.....so back to town i go with the kitten.....

i kept calling it 'kitten found at end of drive way'.....after the vet checked it out and wormed it...and tested its eyes and gave me eye drops .....

introducing monkey:

007-24.jpg

we have drops for the infected eyes

006-28.jpg

thor looking at monkey

008-24.jpg

sleeping off the day....in hubbys shoebox

poor kitten! I am glad you saved the little monkey! Is he eating?

And warm cloths on eyes to draw out the pus and get that going....sometimes they can pull through it if you can just keep them clean. He looks pretty wasted though.

Hes not as bad off as he could be.

No, I see that. I didn't know she'd made it to the vet. Poor little thing.

poor little goober...she could have been found by someone who would just drown or shot her....ask me....she got found by the right person.....

Keep an eye out in the area bones... momma may still be around with other kittens.

chicken baby food.....or royalcanin "babycat" kitten food. Its really really smooth and a good easy starter.

Dehydration and diarrhea are going to be the biggest things you will have to watch out for.

BABYCAT Instinctive Kitten Food | Royal Canin

We would do the same thing! Although i said i would NEVER have another cat, they're so darn cute and if i thought it would die i'd have to keep it. monkey has a good home! :)

Mama kitties lead their babies out into the great beyond when they reach that age, and they lose them. They take them on a walk-about, will leave with 4, and come back with 2, or 3, or sometimes 1...sometimes none.

her eyes are clearing...we are on drops every 6 hours for 2 days then twice a day...she eats like a little pig...and hisses at all the others.....thor has taken to her and keeps the others away...he likes the tiny things

Forum List

Back