Kitchen Manager Fired For Giving Lunch To Students Without Money

suplex3000

VIP Member
Nov 25, 2014
Georgia
Kitchen Manager Fired For Giving Lunch To Students Without Money CBS Denver
How about we just make lunches free for all kids, so we don't have situations where the poor but not enough poor kids don't get caught in the middle?

Surely we can agree that feeding children is a worthy enough expense. Sponsoring wars in the middle East and creating new drones are far cheaper for our budget. There is no money for hungry children.
iStock_000014805950Large1.jpg

If this was the only way to address such an issue, then more power to that woman! I pray that she is able to get herself another job some day soon.

God bless you and her and every child that she thought of always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

whatever happened to just telling an employee----
"don't do that" ? I am horrified that she
was fired ------who can look at loads of food and say "no" to a kid?

I should have added that to my response. But when I was in grade school, each morning the teacher checked to see if anyone had forgotten their money or lunch. If so, the parent was called to either bring a lunch or money. Today, with their ability to take credit/debit cards for items, they wouldn't even have to leave work.

But it is horrendous she was fired.
Now if multiple parents knew of her generosity, and took advantage of her kind nature and she put the lunch program into debt over it, then maybe something needed to be worked out to change that.
whatever happened to just telling an employee----
"don't do that" ? I am horrified that she
was fired ------who can look at loads of food and say "no" to a kid?

Every parent who is capable of working should be,thrown in jail if they cannot even feed their children. You can panhandle and make enough to eat. The children can be no worse off. I would hope that customers would boycott the place that fired the employee and create job openings for this person,IF the op story is true and the full truth.

It was a school kitchen manager.
Every parent who is capable of working should be,thrown in jail if they cannot even feed their children. You can panhandle and make enough to eat. The children can be no worse off. I would hope that customers would boycott the place that fired the employee and create job openings for this person,IF the op story is true and the full truth.

Ok, this is from the CBS Denver article-

To qualify for the free lunch program, a family of four would have to have a household income of around $31,000. To qualify for a reduced lunch, the threshold is below $45,000.

Curry says the students she helped did not qualify for either program.

“Kids whose parents make too much money to qualify, but a lot of times they don’t have enough money to eat,” she said.

Parent Darnell Hill says Curry had helped out his son when he forgot his lunch money.

He said, “Do something different than fire her. She’s trying to help.”

---the article also stated the kids that don't qualify and don't bring their lunch or have enough money, are given a cheese sandwich and a milk, which the manager says is not enough. If these parents are repeatedly not sending their kids enough, or not paying in advance, then a meeting needs to be called with the parents by the principal or teacher to settle this. Sadly, fhe manager was caught in the middle.

Yes D I read the article after I posted and it sounds like mom and dad forgot to refill the lunch ticket. Not near as heinous as the op would have you believe. I am still looking in my neighborhood for kids who are starving. Unless your parents are drug addicts I just cannot find starving or malnourished kids. This is another myth.

And as usual with paint my house, he would feed all the kids all the time with our tax money and let parents totally abdicate their responsibilities so we could move even farther into the bosom of the nanny state and farther away from personal responsibility, the lefts Mantra.

Yes D I read the article after I posted and it sounds like mom and dad forgot to refill the lunch ticket. Not near as heinous as the op would have you believe. I am still looking in my neighborhood for kids who are starving. Unless your parents are drug addicts I just cannot find starving or malnourished kids. This is another myth.

And as usual with paint my house, he would feed all the kids all the time with our tax money and let parents totally abdicate their responsibilities so we could move even farther into the bosom of the nanny state and farther away from personal responsibility, the lefts Mantra.
I had no problem feeding the kids that needed food in my old neighborhood. There were two that came over regularly....I really didn't try to determine if they were worthy of my charity.....The two boys are now 30 and 28 years old....We still take them to dinner on occasions...It's just money...That's what it is for...Now that I live in the country, I feed stray animals that are abandoned by their masters................I don't judge them to see if they are worthy of my generosity either...

Ever since I was a kid our home has attracted kids from the neighborhood and/or school who had parents that wouldn't take care of them, so they came to our home and ate out of our refrigerator and slept on the floor or a couch.

The reason she was fired is because the government insists on total control.

My wife ran a daycare and decided to give her kids the free food the government was passing out, but she had to keep a careful log of everything, and was not allowed to serve certain foods for totally ridiculous reasons.

Eventually, she gave up because it wasn't worth all the nonsense.

Forum List

Back