Kissinger Did Say Meet Without Pre Conditions

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
He didn'ts specify who would meet, or at what level, but he used the words "without preconditions."

In my opinion, Kissinger should be in jail for mass murder right now. He can't fly into some European countries because he would be arrested.

The fat little bastard who put "real politic" over human life.:evil:

FactCheck.org

We noted these factual misstatements:

Did Kissinger Back Obama?

McCain attacked Obama for his declaration that he would meet with leaders of Iran and other hostile nations "without preconditions." To do so with Iran, McCain said, "isn't just naive; it's dangerous." Obama countered by saying former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger – a McCain adviser – agreed with him:

Obama: Senator McCain mentioned Henry Kissinger, who's one of his advisers, who, along with five recent secretaries of state, just said that we should meet with Iran – guess what – without precondition. This is one of your own advisers.

McCain rejected Obama's claim:

McCain: By the way, my friend, Dr. Kissinger, who's been my friend for 35 years, would be interested to hear this conversation and Senator Obama's depiction of his -- of his positions on the issue. I've known him for 35 years.
Obama: We will take a look.
McCain: And I guarantee you he would not -- he would not say that presidential top level.
Obama: Nobody's talking about that.

So who's right? Kissinger did in fact say a few days earlier at a forum of former secretaries of state that he favors very high-level talks with Iran – without conditions:

Kissinger Sept. 20: Well, I am in favor of negotiating with Iran. And one utility of negotiation is to put before Iran our vision of a Middle East, of a stable Middle East, and our notion on nuclear proliferation at a high enough level so that they have to study it. And, therefore, I actually have preferred doing it at the secretary of state level so that we -- we know we're dealing with authentic...

CNN's Frank Sesno: Put at a very high level right out of the box?

Kissinger: Initially, yes.But I do not believe that we can make conditions for the opening of negotiations.

Later, McCain's running mate, Sarah Palin, was asked about this by CBS News anchor Katie Couric, and Palin said, "I’ve never heard Henry Kissinger say, ‘Yeah, I’ll meet with these leaders without preconditions being met.'" Afterward Couric said, "We confirmed Henry Kissinger’s position following our interview."

After the McCain-Obama debate, however, Kissinger issued a statement saying he doesn't favor a presidential meeting:

Kissinger: Senator McCain is right. I would not recommend the next President of the United States engage in talks with Iran at the Presidential level. My views on this issue are entirely compatible with the views of my friend Senator John McCain.

He didn'ts specify who would meet, or at what level, but he used the words "without preconditions."

In my opinion, Kissinger should be in jail for mass murder right now. He can't fly into some European countries because he would be arrested.

The fat little bastard who put "real politic" over human life.:evil:

oooh, that's hot news. he used the words in some context or other.
stop the freakin' presses!
:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Thanks for clearing that up. Now we know the truth.

The truth is that McCain voted with George Bush 90% of the time.

Now we have rising unemployment, rising gas prices, record foreclosures, record trade deficit, the Big Three on the verge of bankrupcy, $700 billion dollars wasted on Iraq, a $500 billion dollar budget deficit, and a stock market crash.

McCain is a lying idiot. We need a new direction.

Now we have rising unemployment, rising gas prices, record foreclosures, record trade deficit, the Big Three on the verge of bankrupcy, $700 billion dollars wasted on Iraq, a $500 billion dollar budget deficit, and a stock market crash.

:ahole-1::spam::spam::spam::gives::anj_stfu:

Whats the matter sonny....close your eyes when you got to the good part....

Kissinger: Senator McCain is right. I would not recommend the next President of the United States engage in talks with Iran at the Presidential level. My views on this issue are entirely compatible with the views of my friend Senator John McCain.

Kissinger did say that we should meet with no pre-conditions.

McFumbles keep saying we have to have pre-conditions.

McBrumbles was wrong.

oooh, that's hot news. he used the words in some context or other.

Right in the context of over a million dead in SE Asia, asshole.

McBrumbles was wrong.

Dipshit, Obama's original comment was that he would(as Potus) set down with rogue leaders without preconditions. Which is laughable, the only leader to do that was Kennedy with Krushchev, as a result the Cuban Missle Crisis ensued.

i didn't vote for Bush, ever. sorry.
i regret his presidency, but probably not as much as i would have regretted either of the Dem candidates.

Thanks for clearing that up. For some reason I thought you did. Sorry.

McBrumbles was wrong.

Kissinger has come out and point-blank said Obama is wrong and McCain is right.

How do you retards operate with a straight face by putting words into people's mouths?

Kissinger has come out and point-blank said Obama is wrong and McCain is right.

How do you retards operate with a straight face by putting words into people's mouths?

That was only after McCain said point black 'my good friend kissinger will aggree with me'. What did you expect him to do?

New Topics

Forum List

Back