Kiss Your Freedoms Goodbye If Health Care Passes

Contumacious

Radical Freedom
Aug 16, 2009
Adjuntas, PR , USA
Kiss Your Freedoms Goodbye If Health Care Passes

by Andrew P. Napolitano

Congress recognizes no limits on its power. It doesn’t care about the Constitution, it doesn’t care about your inalienable rights. If this health care bill becomes law, America, life as you have known it, freedom as you have exercised it and privacy as you have enjoyed it will cease to be.

Tomorrow, the House of Representatives will vote on a 2,000-page bill to give the federal government the power to micromanage the health care of every single American. The bill will no doubt pass. It will raise your taxes, steal your freedom, invade your privacy, and ration your health care. Even the Republicans have introduced their version of Obamacare Lite. It, too, if passed, will compel employers to provide coverage, bribe the states to change their court rules, and tell insurance companies whom to insure.

We do not have two political parties in this country, America. We have one party; called the Big Government Party. The Republican wing likes deficits, war, and assaults on civil liberties. The Democratic wing likes wealth transfer, taxes, and assaults on commercial liberties. Both parties like power; and neither is interested in your freedoms. Think about it. Government is the negation of freedom. Freedom is your power and ability to follow your own free will and your own conscience. The government wants you to follow the will of some faceless bureaucrat."

.:eek:

All the President's Mandates: Compulsory Health Insurance Is a Government Takeover

by Michael F. Cannon

The most hazardous health reform measure before Congress is not the so-called "public option," but proposals to make health insurance compulsory via an individual or employer mandate.

Compulsory health insurance could require nearly 100 million Americans to switch to a more expensive health plan and would therefore violate President Barack Obama's pledge to let people keep their current health insurance. In particular, the legislation before Congress could eliminate many or all health savings account plans. Making health insurance compulsory would also spark an unnecessary fight over abortion and would enable government to ration care to those with private health insurance.

Obama adviser Larry Summers writes that mandates "are like public programs financed by benefit taxes," meaning that compulsory health insurance would also violate President Obama's promise not to increase taxes on the middle class. Under the House Democrats' legislation, some middle-income earners would face marginal tax rates over 50 percent (before state taxes).

They say they don't want to jump in and take over all aspects of our lives but just what is left after taking over Wall Street,the Banks,the Auto industry,the insurance companies,moving over to the energy sector next with this crazy cap and tax bill. I still have not gotten one answer from the Libs in this country when asked,where all all the Doctors and Nurses coming from to take care of the 20 million or so NEW patients that will now be in the system looking to be treated. I am not being unsympathetic I realize that Health Care should be changed but no one seems to have an answer as to how are we going to cover all these people.

They say they don't want to jump in and take over all aspects of our lives but just what is left after taking over Wall Street,the Banks,the Auto industry,the insurance companies,moving over to the energy sector next with this crazy cap and tax bill. I still have not gotten one answer from the Libs in this country when asked,where all all the Doctors and Nurses coming from to take care of the 20 million or so NEW patients that will now be in the system looking to be treated. I am not being unsympathetic I realize that Health Care should be changed but no one seems to have an answer as to how are we going to cover all these people.

H.R.3962

Title: To provide affordable, quality health care for all Americans and reduce the growth in health care spending, and for other purposes.

Translation:

To ruin health care for all Americans and socialize medicine.

Healthcare Reform Is Economic Malpractice

by Ron Paul

If healthcare reform does indeed pass, we should not be under the illusion that it will be free. The money to pay for it will have to come from somewhere. They say they will get the money from cutting waste, fraud and abuse, but all of that is seemingly intrinsic to government programs. Since they want to expand the government’s reach we have to assume we will be trading waste, fraud and abuse for waste, fraud and abuse with a bigger budget. The powers that be have insisted the money won’t come from higher taxes, it won’t come from rationing of care, and it won’t come from higher premiums. This can only then put more pressure on the Fed to print the money out of thin air. We already have a weakening dollar. They are accelerating everything that weakened it in the past. Adding this new, monumental pressure could very well be the straw that will break the dollar’s back.

Kiss your freedom and your arses goodby if it does not pass.

RON PAUL IS A LUNATIC.

Last edited:
How so Lil?? You can't honestly want the Govt to run healthcare for the nation can you?? You know the Govt that can't run anything cheaply or well. Jeeze, catch a clue Lil this thing will end up costing trillions more than the Govt is predicting. You know the Govt who's predictions are never right.

Of course if your a screaming liberal loon you won't have a problem with it until it hits you in the wallet and even then you probably won't care because it was put in by liberals therefore it must be whats best for us dimwitted, stupid taxpayers. NOT.

How so Lil?? You can't honestly want the Govt to run healthcare for the nation can you?? You know the Govt that can't run anything cheaply or well. Jeeze, catch a clue Lil this thing will end up costing trillions more than the Govt is predicting. You know the Govt who's predictions are never right.

Of course if your a screaming liberal loon you won't have a problem with it until it hits you in the wallet and even then you probably won't care because it was put in by liberals therefore it must be whats best for us dimwitted, stupid taxpayers. NOT.

Well, she is right.

She would lose the freedom to have her neighbors and taxpayers pay for her hellcare.

She would lose the freedom to dictate to taxpayers how to spend THEIR money.

She would lose the freedom to enjoy the pleasure of knowing that her neighbors are receiving substandard healthcare.

So yes, she would lose many freedoms.

.:eek:

549856~Commercial-Airliner-Taking-Off-Posters.jpg

can you see me waving bye bye ????​

I hear this bill is 1900 pages. Does anyone have the text of a provision inside this massive takeover of our freedoms that mention guns?

Someone mentioned to me he has been reading this monster and he was disturbed to find that buried deep inside the text of the bill

Destroying capitalism is the agenda of this administration.

If the government takes over healthcare/Insurance ect. Like they have the car industry. We are so done

This is one of the most unconstitutional administrations I have ever seen.

Why is this administration and this congress being given a pass, by the left? They too will lose their freedoms

Hey liberals wake the hell up, and stop with being so freaking partisan

Kiss your freedom and your arses goodby if it does not pass.

RON PAUL IS A LUNATIC.

Be specific. What freedom(s) will you lose if it does not pass? I am predicting an amazingly warped definition of what you call 'freedoms'. Care to prove me wrong?

Last edited:
Health Insurance

Watching the so-called health care debate in this country, the health insurance industry obviously has come under fire. Why is this? In part, it is due to being in the position of being the bearer of bad news. The insurance company informs us that our premiums are rising yet again, that we are not covered for something that we thought we were, or that we will no longer be offered coverage. Even if our expenses are covered, we may find it frustrating and confusing to go through all of the paperwork required, especially when we are confronted with a major health problem.

From a political standpoint, there is another reason for this. Politicians find that they can gain support for their schemes when they can frame the problems that they are trying to address as the result of the behavior of a bad actor (i.e. a scapegoat) that may or may not have very much to do with the problem at hand. Demagoguery will elicit support for their scheme to punish the bad guys and drive attention away from an objective assessment of whether or not their scheme is likely to improve conditions or make things worse. Bad guys are chosen, like so much in politics, based on the path of least resistance. Of course, the politicians are not likely to highlight their own role in creating the problem. And while they may know that past actions taken by the AMA have contributed significantly to the health care crisis, they also know full well that many people like their own doctor and regularly watch handsome and compassionate MD's on TV who perform heroic acts for suffering humanity. On the other hand, people rarely, if ever, see handsome and compassionate health insurance executives on TV going to bat for patients in need. For this reason and the ones mentioned earlier, health insurers make an inviting target."

Does this mean I won't be able to buy a gun if healthcare passes?

Forum List

Back