Johnson Kiss of Death to Libertarian Party 2016

Discussion in 'Gary Johnson' started by Zander, Jul 20, 2016.

1. AnCap'n_Murica

AnCap'n_Murica Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,875
    That Rand or Rothbard aren't running is of no consequence to someone who looks at voting as a waste of time and energy. Anyways, since they're dead, they'll likely be voting democrat.

I guess you didn't get the memo that Johnson said he was open to looking at universal incomes. This, along with his support of things like TPP, forcing Jews to bake Nazi cakes, acting as an apologist for the criminal activity of Hillary, and choosing the squish republican "original libertarian" Weld as his running mate, shows him to be an extremely poor libertarian.

2. flacaltenn

flacaltenn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,886
    That didn't help me here at all. WHERE are the statements about "centrally controlled income" ???

I HEARD his statements on TPP. He repeated his support of Global commerce and trade. AND SAID -- he does KNOW about the specifics of TPP. IN FACT --- YOU AND I don't know the specifics of TPP -- because they were kept SECRET in Congressional review.. Think he supports something that has never been publicly revealed?

Find me the "central planning of incomes" statements please.

3. Zander

Zander Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,352
    You may have principles, but they aren't really "libertarian". What you are is a Libertarian "Party" person - that is a person who's angry with conservative Republicans, so they vote for the conservative Republicans that have changed the letters after their names....

It's all good though, you're still 10x better than a LWNJ.....

:thup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. AnCap'n_Murica

AnCap'n_Murica Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,875
    As a libertarian he should reject the notion that a wheelbarrow full of documents, rules, regulations, and bureaucrats -let alone the fact that it's secret- isn't free trade as a matter of course. Hence, any libertarian with a working moral compass would reject it out of hand.

As to universal/subsidized incomes, here ya go:

Gary Johnson is Open to Government Subsidized Income - Liberty Viral

5. flacaltenn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,886
    Got that bass-ackwards. I've been libertarian all along. Couldn't always identify with a primadonna philosophy club that was the LP. ALWAYS worked for ballot and debate access for 3rd parties. But didn't really get jazzed about running slates until Ron Paul. No sense at all running "educators". Or prostelytizing people into boredom.

NEVER been a Conservative. Tho guys like Bill Buckley had to be admired. Libertarian policy and ideas works completely for my logic and reason driven style.

This thing about "changing letters after your name" is pretty juvenile. Since up to now -- there's only ever been a choice of 2 letters. As the parties got more tyrannical, politicians had no refuge, and no options. They obeyed or they were disposed of. In the past 18 months -- we've had 2 elected state reps declare themselves Libertarian. It's not just the voters that are fed up..

And I see nothing wrong with serving 8 yrs as a governor -- Pondering your experience and deciding you SHOULD be a member of the LP.. Just sour grapes for you Zander..

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. flacaltenn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,886
    That's one of the worst written, least coherent "blog articles" I've ever read. Don't have a clue WHAT they are selling or what the ACTUAL QUOTES from Johnson would be. The writers appear to be morons.

At one point "it's like a carbon tax" at another point this "minimum income" is paid for BY a carbon tax.
    Not buying it. Makes no sense..

7. C_Clayton_Jones

C_Clayton_Jones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,925
    "Libertarian Party welcomes Jeb and Mitt into the fold as both Republicans remain #NeverTrump"

Going loony libertarian isn’t the answer.

8. Zander

Zander Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,352
    LWNJ's like you don't even know the question.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39,911
    Trump is as libertarian as Hillary.

10. Zander

Zander Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,352