Johnson Kiss of Death to Libertarian Party 2016

Rand and Rothbard are not available to run. Who's your next choices? John Stossel or Penn Gillete might be available. Or maybe you wanted McAffee. The guy who woke up in Guatemala and couldn't figure out why he was there.

And WTF is this nonsense about "central planning of incomes should be up for conversation"?
That Rand or Rothbard aren't running is of no consequence to someone who looks at voting as a waste of time and energy. Anyways, since they're dead, they'll likely be voting democrat.

I guess you didn't get the memo that Johnson said he was open to looking at universal incomes. This, along with his support of things like TPP, forcing Jews to bake Nazi cakes, acting as an apologist for the criminal activity of Hillary, and choosing the squish republican "original libertarian" Weld as his running mate, shows him to be an extremely poor libertarian.

Rand and Rothbard are not available to run. Who's your next choices? John Stossel or Penn Gillete might be available. Or maybe you wanted McAffee. The guy who woke up in Guatemala and couldn't figure out why he was there.

And WTF is this nonsense about "central planning of incomes should be up for conversation"?
That Rand or Rothbard aren't running is of no consequence to someone who looks at voting as a waste of time and energy. Anyways, since they're dead, they'll likely be voting democrat.

I guess you didn't get the memo that Johnson said he was open to looking at universal incomes. This, along with his support of things like TPP, forcing Jews to bake Nazi cakes, acting as an apologist for the criminal activity of Hillary, and choosing the squish republican "original libertarian" Weld as his running mate, shows him to be an extremely poor libertarian.

That didn't help me here at all. WHERE are the statements about "centrally controlled income" ???

I HEARD his statements on TPP. He repeated his support of Global commerce and trade. AND SAID -- he does KNOW about the specifics of TPP. IN FACT --- YOU AND I don't know the specifics of TPP -- because they were kept SECRET in Congressional review.. Think he supports something that has never been publicly revealed?

Find me the "central planning of incomes" statements please.

Anyone who believes it's the state's place to tell a Jewish baker to make a Nazi cake, and says that central planning of incomes should be up for conversation has no libertarian roots. Indeed, he dilutes the term "libertarian".

I woke up to find Rand and Rothbard are right. I sincerely hope you one day come to the same conclusion, even though it may have taken more than the standard six months.

The Libertarian Party is not Libertarian. It's the new home for failed GOP governors.

How many Arab countries did the GOP candidates want to carpet-bomb next year? (except for Rand Paul)

Which of GOP candidates wants to enforce EXISTING immigration law? Law that would STOP Mexican illegals tomorrow. THEY MAINTAIN the problem for their interests. It is ILLEGAL to hire undocumented workers. End of immediate crisis. No wall necessary. AND THEN you can be much more LIBERAL about work visas and handing out documentation.

Trump is not a Conservative. He will expand and empower govt to make his "deals". And no one is really gonna like his "deals". Those 2 governors KNOW some humility. And humility in govt is a GOOD and rare thing..

You need to make up your mind. Are you a Libertarian or a Conservative? You sound as confused as Johnson who thinks a Libertarian is fiscally conservative and socially liberal. That is the epitome of ignorance!

Personally, I'm glad Trump isn't a Conservative. Conservatives candidates and Conservative politicians pretty much suck. They talk like they want smaller government, then pass gargantuan spending bills and hundreds of new laws, rules, and regulations. They're full of shit.

Feel free to vote Johnson/Weld, it's your right. Just know that they are two dried out old GOP governors that couldn't sit at the big boy table and have ZERO chance of winning. They'll be lucky to break 1% and I guarantee they won't win even a single electoral vote.

Isn't me that has a political identity problem here. That's QUITE obvious. I'll take the bet on the "one" electoral vote. You're under-rating the anger and disgust that turn out Independents in droves. I think New Mexico, Utah, Colorado, maybe New Hampshire and Nevada --- all in play. Not to mention the 3 or 6 states that are NOT winner take all.

Since you're so confused -- I'd feel bad stealing money from you. I have principles you know.

You may have principles, but they aren't really "libertarian". What you are is a Libertarian "Party" person - that is a person who's angry with conservative Republicans, so they vote for the conservative Republicans that have changed the letters after their names....

It's all good though, you're still 10x better than a LWNJ.....

:thup:

That didn't help me here at all. WHERE are the statements about "centrally controlled income" ???

I HEARD his statements on TPP. He repeated his support of Global commerce and trade. AND SAID -- he does KNOW about the specifics of TPP. IN FACT --- YOU AND I don't know the specifics of TPP -- because they were kept SECRET in Congressional review.. Think he supports something that has never been publicly revealed?

As a libertarian he should reject the notion that a wheelbarrow full of documents, rules, regulations, and bureaucrats -let alone the fact that it's secret- isn't free trade as a matter of course. Hence, any libertarian with a working moral compass would reject it out of hand.

As to universal/subsidized incomes, here ya go:

Gary Johnson is Open to Government Subsidized Income - Liberty Viral

Anyone who believes it's the state's place to tell a Jewish baker to make a Nazi cake, and says that central planning of incomes should be up for conversation has no libertarian roots. Indeed, he dilutes the term "libertarian".

I woke up to find Rand and Rothbard are right. I sincerely hope you one day come to the same conclusion, even though it may have taken more than the standard six months.

The Libertarian Party is not Libertarian. It's the new home for failed GOP governors.

How many Arab countries did the GOP candidates want to carpet-bomb next year? (except for Rand Paul)

Which of GOP candidates wants to enforce EXISTING immigration law? Law that would STOP Mexican illegals tomorrow. THEY MAINTAIN the problem for their interests. It is ILLEGAL to hire undocumented workers. End of immediate crisis. No wall necessary. AND THEN you can be much more LIBERAL about work visas and handing out documentation.

Trump is not a Conservative. He will expand and empower govt to make his "deals". And no one is really gonna like his "deals". Those 2 governors KNOW some humility. And humility in govt is a GOOD and rare thing..

You need to make up your mind. Are you a Libertarian or a Conservative? You sound as confused as Johnson who thinks a Libertarian is fiscally conservative and socially liberal. That is the epitome of ignorance!

Personally, I'm glad Trump isn't a Conservative. Conservatives candidates and Conservative politicians pretty much suck. They talk like they want smaller government, then pass gargantuan spending bills and hundreds of new laws, rules, and regulations. They're full of shit.

Feel free to vote Johnson/Weld, it's your right. Just know that they are two dried out old GOP governors that couldn't sit at the big boy table and have ZERO chance of winning. They'll be lucky to break 1% and I guarantee they won't win even a single electoral vote.

Isn't me that has a political identity problem here. That's QUITE obvious. I'll take the bet on the "one" electoral vote. You're under-rating the anger and disgust that turn out Independents in droves. I think New Mexico, Utah, Colorado, maybe New Hampshire and Nevada --- all in play. Not to mention the 3 or 6 states that are NOT winner take all.

Since you're so confused -- I'd feel bad stealing money from you. I have principles you know.

You may have principles, but they aren't really "libertarian". What you are is a Libertarian "Party" person - that is a person who's angry with conservative Republicans, so they vote for the conservative Republicans that have changed the letters after their names....

It's all good though, you're still 10x better than a LWNJ.....

:thup:

Got that bass-ackwards. I've been libertarian all along. Couldn't always identify with a primadonna philosophy club that was the LP. ALWAYS worked for ballot and debate access for 3rd parties. But didn't really get jazzed about running slates until Ron Paul. No sense at all running "educators". Or prostelytizing people into boredom.

NEVER been a Conservative. Tho guys like Bill Buckley had to be admired. Libertarian policy and ideas works completely for my logic and reason driven style.

This thing about "changing letters after your name" is pretty juvenile. Since up to now -- there's only ever been a choice of 2 letters. As the parties got more tyrannical, politicians had no refuge, and no options. They obeyed or they were disposed of. In the past 18 months -- we've had 2 elected state reps declare themselves Libertarian. It's not just the voters that are fed up..

And I see nothing wrong with serving 8 yrs as a governor -- Pondering your experience and deciding you SHOULD be a member of the LP.. Just sour grapes for you Zander..

As a libertarian he should reject the notion that a wheelbarrow full of documents, rules, regulations, and bureaucrats -let alone the fact that it's secret- isn't free trade as a matter of course. Hence, any libertarian with a working moral compass would reject it out of hand.

As to universal/subsidized incomes, here ya go:

Gary Johnson is Open to Government Subsidized Income - Liberty Viral

That's one of the worst written, least coherent "blog articles" I've ever read. Don't have a clue WHAT they are selling or what the ACTUAL QUOTES from Johnson would be. The writers appear to be morons.

At one point "it's like a carbon tax" at another point this "minimum income" is paid for BY a carbon tax.
Not buying it. Makes no sense..

Trump is as libertarian as Hillary.

Trump is as libertarian as Hillary.

Sure he is...:cuckoo:

Its vice-presidential nominee, Council on Foreign Relations member Bill Weld, is a longtime friend of the Clintons who represents everything that libertarianism stands against : a Patriot Act supporter, a private equity crony-capitalist, a gun control enthusiast, a globalist that seeks to eradicate national self-determination. Worse yet, the subservient presidential nominee Gary Johnson refers to his elder and dominant “mentor” as “the original libertarian.” Perhaps this is why John Mcafee used the words “this is a fucking farce,” to describe the Libertarian National Convention in Orlando. However, I do agree with the words of John Mcafee.

This “new and improved” establishment backed Libertarian Party is a total farce that is jeopardizing the legitimacy of libertarianism. The political establishment has capitalized on the LP’s insecurity into destroying libertarianism’s political core and revolutionary appeal in exchange for the brand recognition the Liberty Movement ALREADY HAD!

The Libertarian Party is Killing Libertarianism

Forum List

Back