Kiss my Red, White and Blue Ass!!

Huh?

Whats the big deal?

Obviously Russia and China do not want an American missile defence system in their backyard.

Is this such a surprise to you?

• Banned
Huh?

Whats the big deal?

Obviously Russia and China do not want an American missile defence system in their backyard.

Is this such a surprise to you?

Nope.

Is it a surprise that I don't think we should give a shit what they want in this particular case?

Nope.

Is it a surprise that I don't think we should give a shit what they want in this particular case?

You don't. The U.S. state department and other American government agencies do. Thankfully, no one of prominence takes you seriously.

• Banned
btw: rep to the first person who can indentify the cheesy 80's movie allusion in my original post (without looking it up...honor system of course! :) )

So they're going to cancel plans for the system huh? Where do you get your news from? Out yer ass?

Did you just have a delusional moment where you thought I said something that in reality I didn't?

There's only been five posts in this thread and I never said anything about canceling a project or not.

• Banned
Did you just have a delusional moment where you thought I said something that in reality I didn't?

There's only been five posts in this thread and I never said anything about canceling a project or not.

My mistake. So I guess we (as in our leaders) really don't care what Russia and China want. I'm glad we agree.

Because Russia and China do not view us through the same lens as we view ourselves, this is an incredibly destabilizing development. A successful missile defense system ironically makes us very unsafe.

They view us as the only country in history to use nuclear weapons on human beings, and they know we were willing to do that as long as no other country could respond in kind. If our missile defense system allows us to return to the nuclear supremacy we enjoyed in 1945, Russia and China fear they will have to choose between submission to American will and unilateral annihilation. Such fears are likely to provoke a response before the system is completed.

Bush’s reckless economic policies have left us in debt to China, and with a severely weakened dollar to boot. China could easily cripple us by cutting off our line of credit. They don’t do that now because the blowback would be severe, but a perceived threat of military attack will change their assessment of that risk.

51BBR6Y6KXL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

:thup:

nice.

Not on ze left, not on ze right, but right in ze middle!

BEIJING - China and Russia jointly condemned a U.S. plan for a global missile defense system on Friday at the start of a highly symbolic visit by new Russian President Dmitry Medvedev.

Link:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080523/ap_on_re_as/china_russia;_ylt=AlWUYkaL7AYzfkq5tvcT0FOs0NUE

Of course they do. Imagine a world where the US missile defense system renders all offensive ballistic missiles useless yet leaves ours 100% effective. Of course, we are pretty close to that now. Only Russia still possesses enough launch capacity to overwhelm our current capabilities. Once we deploy to eastern Europe, even Russia's offensive capability will be negated, leaving only the US with any offensive capability left in the world.

It's good to be the king....

Because Russia and China do not view us through the same lens as we view ourselves, this is an incredibly destabilizing development. A successful missile defense system ironically makes us very unsafe.

They view us as the only country in history to use nuclear weapons on human beings, and they know we were willing to do that as long as no other country could respond in kind. If our missile defense system allows us to return to the nuclear supremacy we enjoyed in 1945, Russia and China fear they will have to choose between submission to American will and unilateral annihilation. Such fears are likely to provoke a response before the system is completed.

Bush’s reckless economic policies have left us in debt to China, and with a severely weakened dollar to boot. China could easily cripple us by cutting off our line of credit. They don’t do that now because the blowback would be severe, but a perceived threat of military attack will change their assessment of that risk.

We're already there. The SM-1 and it's soon to be followon the SM-3, will give us nearly 100% strategic defense against anything China or Russia could launch against our homeland. With the deployment of these systems to Poland and the Czech Republic, we would then have Europe almost completely covered. So we are pretty close to already there now. The US has virtually the only offensive nuclear capability left in the world today. With the final umbrella over Europe in place, russia and china will no longer have ANY credible military strategic threat.

Yay, us!

Terribly sorry, rest of the world. No hard feelings.

Free advice, though: don't fuck with us. Feel free to mock us, though; we don't mind; just try to make it clever, we like entertainment. And don't fret too much, surely it will eventually be someone's else's turn to be the main global superpower. Maybe China! Won't that be fun? In the meantime...

*[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uLipY4gJz0]party party join us join us[/ame]*

While not the cheesy movie from the eighties, Dr Strangelove is the best on the topic.

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964)

Imagine this scenario - superpowers armed with weapons of mass destruction, aimed at each and the push of the wrong button would annihilate peoplekind - we could argue if that were a bad thing - and you have what? Peace! We had it until there was but one superpower and they decided they would invade a sovereign nation. Maybe we are all in a movie? You think.

Forum List

Back