Kirsten Gillibrand wants to give voters $600 to spend on political campaigns

Aletheia4u

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2017
ALBANY – Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand unveiled a plan Wednesday to provide each voter a credit of up to $600 to donate to federal political candidates of their choice in their state.

Gillibrand, a Democratic presidential candidate from New York, said her "Democracy Dollars" program is aimed at getting big money out of politics by making politicians less reliant on wealthy donors.

jahcgnrivqpnuiy3jgo0.jpg

I'm against this tax credit that takes away from federal revenues and directs the dough instead to political candidates. First of all our deficit spending is bad enough and secondly, anybody proposing to make the income tax form any longer needs to be locked away.

ALBANY – Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand unveiled a plan Wednesday to provide each voter a credit of up to $600 to donate to federal political candidates of their choice in their state.

Gillibrand, a Democratic presidential candidate from New York, said her "Democracy Dollars" program is aimed at getting big money out of politics by making politicians less reliant on wealthy donors.

jahcgnrivqpnuiy3jgo0.jpg
Wow...this is a new low.
Giving voters a bribe they will be donating to the Democrat of their choice.

Last edited:

jahcgnrivqpnuiy3jgo0.jpg
Wow...this is a new low.
Giving voters a bribe they will be donated to the Democrat of their choice.
It ought to instantly disqualify this kook. Too bad so many see nothing wrong here.

Great. Anything goes now, remember what Barr said yesterday.

wait - "democrat and chronicle"? so this is more or less occupy democrats throwing shit on the wall.

will never see the light of day.

wait - "democrat and chronicle"? so this is more or less occupy democrats throwing shit on the wall.

Bush Jr gave all families 600 bucks and 1200 bucks.

Bush signs stimulus bill; rebate checks expected in May - CNN.com

Feb 13, 2008 - President Bush on Wednesday signed the Economic Stimulus Act of 2008, calling it a ... Plan would send rebate checks up to $600 for individuals and $1,200 for couples ... "The bill I'm signing today is large enough to have an impact, amounting to more than ... All About Economic Issues • George W. Bush.
--------------------------------------------------
under his watch he led us into the greatest recession since the great depression.

I support tax payer funded elections. This is a close 2nd. Does it cut out all other donations?
Too bad this chick is a fake dumbfuck..

Bush Jr gave all families 600 bucks.

But Dubya didn't tell the families that they had to make a payoff to a politician with it.

That was an economic stimulus.

IMHO, we don't need to stimulate the political process, there seems to be more than enough money in it already.

Feb 13, 2008 - President Bush on Wednesday signed the Economic Stimulus Act of 2008, calling it a ... Plan would send rebate checks up to $600 for individuals and $1,200 for couples ... "The bill I'm signing today is large enough to have an impact, amounting to more than ... All About Economic Issues • George W. Bush.
under his watch he led us into the greatest recession since the great depression.
are you stupid naturally or is this intentional?

did bush say you have to donate it to a politician?

please go be a dumbass w/o me.

Money is highly overrated in politics. Mrs. Clinton had the largest War Chest in political history, spending a cool Billion on hate ads against Donald J. Trump. Outspent Trump 3 to 1, easily. And that doesn't include all the free coverage she got from the Lame Stream Media.

Still, when the day was done, the old broad was schlonged royally by Trump

I didn't get in on the first one because I was self employed and made too much..

Money is highly overrated in politics. Mrs. Clinton had the largest War Chest in political history, spending a cool Billion on hate ads against Donald J. Trump. Outspent Trump 3 to 1, easily. And that doesn't include all the free coverage she got from the Lame Stream Media.

Still, when the day was done, the old broad was schlonged royally by Trump
Even with a condom it's still gross...

Do you think the Great Recession was all W’s fault?

If so, what specific things did the asshole do that caused it?

This is just plain stupid, all it will do is add more money to the political giants and won't keep any big money out of politics, plus it will add to the current debt.

Forum List

Back