King,Wiener Butt Heads on FOX News

Ragnar

<--- Pic is not me
Jan 23, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
Hot Air Video: The obligatory &#8220;Anthony Weiner goes berserk on House floor&#8221; clip
(video at link)

A little thread title irony for ya sportsfans. :lol:

ALLAHPUNDIT nails it as per usual but the video is still worth watching. Hat tip to Hot Air and to the newscaster who noted... "this is why Congress has an approval rating of 11%". Oy Veh!

Alternate headline: “Congressmen somehow can’t agree to provide health care for 9/11 responders without screaming like lunatics.” How did it come to this, you ask? Well, the Dems initially planned to introduce the 9/11 bill under normal procedures, with a simple majority vote needed to pass it, but then they started wetting themselves at the thought of having to take tough votes on amendments — especially ones related to illegal immigration — introduced by the GOP.

So, change of plans: Instead of a majority vote, they invoked a special rule that lets them deny Republicans the right to offer amendments but requires two-thirds of the House to pass the bill. The GOP decided to protest the procedural move by having virtually all of its members vote no, which brings us to the freakout du jour. Beyond the basic irony of Weiner demanding that floor votes be geared towards the substance of a bill instead of procedural concerns (remember how Dems handled that during reconciliation on ObamaCare?), there’s a grander irony here that Limbaugh identified on his show. Namely, the only reason the Dems needed a special rule for this bill in the first place is that they feared some Democrats would vote against it if the GOP succeeded in getting its amendments attached.

It’s the cowardice of their own Blue Dog caucus that painted them into a corner, but there’s no political advantage to Weiner in dwelling on that fact. So here he is instead pitching a hissyfit in front of the C-SPAN cameras, knowing full well that the fightin’ nutroots will moon over him for days. Hey, Anthony? Good news: In a few months, you won’t have to worry about those Blue Dogs anymore.

Ouch on that last bolded part there. :lol::lol:

Weiner kicks ass...

Like to see him as Senator from NY

Weiner kicks ass...

I would pay for his plane ticket to arizona if he wanted it. Damn I like this guy.

Damn republicans voting against first responders. HOw do they explain this to republican 9/11 first responders? I am serious with this question...

again, why does weeine need more money, didn't they ram through a HCR bill that nobody wanted? now he wants more money?? jaysus effen christ.

when demonRats like weenie and obie say "comprehensive" and "do the right thing" it's time for the 50% of Real Live Taxpayers in AMerica to hide from the 50% leeches. Hell, they rammmed through HCR why can't the 9-11 responders get care? wtf is wrong with demonRats??? izz they weenies?? yes they izz.

Weiner kicks ass...

I would pay for his plane ticket to arizona if he wanted it. Damn I like this guy.

Damn republicans voting against first responders. HOw do they explain this to republican 9/11 first responders? I am serious with this question...

I would start by mentioning that they can continue to use the money that the federal government has been appropriating on an annual basis for them. (for monitoring their health and providing them with medical treatment)

I would mention the protections against waste and fraud that Republicans wished to add to be sure that the money was used for those for whom it's intended. As well as to note that some wished to deny 9/11 health benefits to illegal immigrants but Dems might be put in a tough spot on that question. (so for Dems, better not to let R's add any amendments at all)

AND THE OSCAR GOES TO.....
15049a-l_oscar_d_orson_welles_aux_encheres.jpg

weiner.png

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Forgot to add the NYT link. (my bad)

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/30/nyregion/30zadroga.html?_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rss

Until now, the federal government has been appropriating money on an annual basis to monitor the health of people injured at ground zero and to provide them with medical treatment. But the bill’s supporters said there were problems with the year-to-year approach, including that money for the program was subject to the political whims of Congress and the White House.

Representative Lamar Smith, a Republican from Texas, who opposed the bill, described it as an “irresponsible overreach” and asserted that it did not contain sufficient protections to prevent waste and fraud.

But Democrats were concerned that a simple majority vote would allow Republicans to propose a controversial amendment that seeks to deny 9/11 health benefits to illegal immigrants. That amendment threatened to fracture Democratic support for the original bill into two camps: moderates who might feel political pressure to deprive illegal immigrants of such benefits and liberals who flatly oppose the Republican amendment.

Good thinking on that last quote by the Dems. (morons) :lol::lol:

Hot Air Video: The obligatory “Anthony Weiner goes berserk on House floor” clip
(video at link)

A little thread title irony for ya sportsfans. :lol:

ALLAHPUNDIT nails it as per usual but the video is still worth watching. Hat tip to Hot Air and to the newscaster who noted... "this is why Congress has an approval rating of 11%". Oy Veh!

Alternate headline: “Congressmen somehow can’t agree to provide health care for 9/11 responders without screaming like lunatics.” How did it come to this, you ask? Well, the Dems initially planned to introduce the 9/11 bill under normal procedures, with a simple majority vote needed to pass it, but then they started wetting themselves at the thought of having to take tough votes on amendments — especially ones related to illegal immigration — introduced by the GOP.

So, change of plans: Instead of a majority vote, they invoked a special rule that lets them deny Republicans the right to offer amendments but requires two-thirds of the House to pass the bill. The GOP decided to protest the procedural move by having virtually all of its members vote no, which brings us to the freakout du jour. Beyond the basic irony of Weiner demanding that floor votes be geared towards the substance of a bill instead of procedural concerns (remember how Dems handled that during reconciliation on ObamaCare?), there’s a grander irony here that Limbaugh identified on his show. Namely, the only reason the Dems needed a special rule for this bill in the first place is that they feared some Democrats would vote against it if the GOP succeeded in getting its amendments attached.

It’s the cowardice of their own Blue Dog caucus that painted them into a corner, but there’s no political advantage to Weiner in dwelling on that fact. So here he is instead pitching a hissyfit in front of the C-SPAN cameras, knowing full well that the fightin’ nutroots will moon over him for days. Hey, Anthony? Good news: In a few months, you won’t have to worry about those Blue Dogs anymore.

Ouch on that last bolded part there. :lol::lol:

Weiner is a coward, he needs his ass kicked......

Forum List

Back