King James Bible vs other Translations

I find it hilarious that Jeremiah thinks that the King James Version is the literal "true word of God".

Hey Jeremiah, here's some information about your precious book...............

The King James Version (KJV), also known as the Authorized Version (AV) or King James Bible (KJB), is an English translation of the Christian Bible for the Church of England begun in 1604 and completed in 1611.[a] In 1612, the first King James Version using Roman Type was issued. This quarto version is only second to the 1611 folio KJV.

1612 First KJV bible in quarto size, courtesy of Shiwei Jiang
First printed by the King's Printer Robert Barker, this was the third translation into English to be approved by the English Church authorities. The first was the Great Bible commissioned in the reign of King Henry VIII (1535), and the second was the Bishops' Bible of 1568.[3] In January 1604, James I convened the Hampton Court Conference where a new English version was conceived in response to the perceived problems of the earlier translations as detected by the Puritans,[4] a faction within the Church of England.[5] The translation is considered[by whom?] a towering achievement in English literature, as both beautiful and scholarly.

James gave the translators instructions intended to guarantee that the new version would conform to the ecclesiology and reflect the episcopal structure of the Church of England and its belief in an ordained clergy.[6] The translation was done by 47 scholars, all of whom were members of the Church of England.[7] In common with most other translations of the period, the New Testament was translated from Greek, the Old Testament was translated from Hebrew and Aramaic text, while the Apocrypha was translated from the Greek and Latin. In the Book of Common Prayer (1662), the text of the Authorized Version replaced the text of the Great Bible – for Epistle and Gospel readings (but not for the Psalter which has retained substantially Coverdale's Great Bible version) and as such was authorized by Act of Parliament.[8] By the first half of the 18th century, the Authorized Version had become effectively unchallenged as the English translation used in Anglican and Protestant churches, other than for the Psalms and some short passages in the Book of Common Prayer of the Church of England. Over the course of the 18th century, the Authorized Version supplanted the Latin Vulgate as the standard version of scripture for English-speaking scholars. With the development of stereotype printing at the beginning of the 19th century, this version of the Bible became the most widely printed book in history, almost all such printings presenting the standard text of 1769 extensively re-edited by Benjamin Blayney at Oxford; and nearly always omitting the books of the Apocrypha. Today the unqualified title 'King James Version' commonly identifies this Oxford standard text.

King James Version - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh.............and Jeremiah, posting these "teachers" as "proof" is pure bullshit.

It's kinda like using a far right wing blog to "prove" that Obama was born in Kenya.

I don't have to watch a video.
I speak Biblical Hebrew pretty fluently and I've read TNT KJ 5 times; it's a horrible translation.
Others ARE worse, but why compare a migraine to cancer?
You cannot make a sound judgment about something without examining the evidence first. To condemn the evidence without examining it is to assure yourself of eternal ignorance on the matter.
I did the most accurate examination possible...I read it and compared it to the original from whence it came.
The KJ is better than most, but is still a horrible translation.
I recommend taking 3 months to learn some basic Hebrew, which only a very Christians I know have actually done, and then judging for yourself.
On the other hand, if a Christian truly believes the KJV, with it's many flaws in comparison to the original Hebrew, is the word of God, why worry about what anybody else thinks?

That is something I have wanted to do for some time. To take a basic Hebrew language class that is focused on a study of the Scriptures in Hebrew. I had actually enrolled in a class to do that quite a while ago and then something came up and I had to put it off. Maybe I will do it this winter. God willing. As for worrying about what others think? I don't, but I am concerned about those Christians who would use a modern translation and end up not knowing the true Word of God. The information I learned about the translators of NIV and NKJ was very disturbing to say the least. Have a nice evening, Indeependent.

If you have cable and are truly interested in seeing what the Jewish take is on the KJV of the Bible (and also want to learn where the KJV gets it twisted up), then I would recommend tuning into the religious channel and start looking for shows like Hidden in the Hebrew with Uri Harel and Dr. Rik Wadge for starters. Both are Jewish scholars who DIRECTLY translate the OT to English and tell you where the Bible gets it wrong.

It just might open your eyes. Tune in to several shows, and find one that you're comfortable listening to. Trust me...............the KJV isn't as accurate as you think.

I do not have to trust you, Biker. I trust God and He tells me that His Word is pure. The King James Version bible is the Word of God. The other translations were translated by New Age occult followers and the reason they did it was to change the Word of God into a lie. People do not fight so hard against something that isn't a threat to them, Biker. The workers of Satan do not waste their time if it isn't a serious threat. You need to read up on Dr. Alberto Rivera's books published by Chick ministries and learn why the RCC and their Jesuits are so adamant about destroying the KJV bible.
God does not tell you that the kjv is "pure"
God is not a hack with a YouTube account

I think people should choose the version of the bible that lets them hate exactly the kind of people they despise already.
It's working for Jeri - but then she hates everyone that doesn't belong to her cult

I find it hilarious that Jeremiah thinks that the King James Version is the literal "true word of God".

The King James Version (KJV), also known as the Authorized Version (AV) or King James Bible (KJB), is an English translation of the Christian Bible for the Church of England begun in 1604 and completed in 1611.[a] In 1612, the first King James Version using Roman Type was issued. This quarto version is only second to the 1611 folio KJV.

First printed by the King's Printer Robert Barker, this was the third translation into English to be approved by the English Church authorities. The first was the Great Bible commissioned in the reign of King Henry VIII (1535), and the second was the Bishops' Bible of 1568.[3] In January 1604, James I convened the Hampton Court Conference where a new English version was conceived in response to the perceived problems of the earlier translations as detected by the Puritans,[4] a faction within the Church of England.[5] The translation is considered[by whom?] a towering achievement in English literature, as both beautiful and scholarly.

James gave the translators instructions intended to guarantee that the new version would conform to the ecclesiology and reflect the episcopal structure of the Church of England and its belief in an ordained clergy.[6] The translation was done by 47 scholars, all of whom were members of the Church of England.[7] In common with most other translations of the period, the New Testament was translated from Greek, the Old Testament was translated from Hebrew and Aramaic text, while the Apocrypha was translated from the Greek and Latin. In the Book of Common Prayer (1662), the text of the Authorized Version replaced the text of the Great Bible – for Epistle and Gospel readings (but not for the Psalter which has retained substantially Coverdale's Great Bible version) and as such was authorized by Act of Parliament.[8] By the first half of the 18th century, the Authorized Version had become effectively unchallenged as the English translation used in Anglican and Protestant churches, other than for the Psalms and some short passages in the Book of Common Prayer of the Church of England. Over the course of the 18th century, the Authorized Version supplanted the Latin Vulgate as the standard version of scripture for English-speaking scholars. With the development of stereotype printing at the beginning of the 19th century, this version of the Bible became the most widely printed book in history, almost all such printings presenting the standard text of 1769 extensively re-edited by Benjamin Blayney at Oxford; and nearly always omitting the books of the Apocrypha. Today the unqualified title 'King James Version' commonly identifies this Oxford standard text.

Did you listen to Gayle Riplinger's videos, Biker? You need to. Because Wikipedia is not a reliable source for this subject. Watch the videos. You'll learn a great deal and find out that there is an agenda to purposely cause people to question the KJV. The KJV is the Bible that has blessed generations and led people to Jesus Christ, people have been delivered, saved, healed from reading the Scriptures in the KJV. Why would you want to change the Word of God when it has proven to be the very Scriptures that are revealing the power of God? If you were a Christian? You wouldn't. But if you were a servant of Satan? It would become your main goal. Because the power of Scripture is the very power of God being made manifest. This is why the Bible was banned from Communist and restricted Islamic nations (and still is). They know the power of the Book. They do not want people being converted to Jesus Christ.

Let me give you this as an analogy. The scientists come up with a medicine that cures cancer. The people who are making big money off the disease do not want a cure. So the govt, steps in and tells the pharmaceutical companies to all start producing the same medicine. They force the producer of the real medicine to only be permitted to produce 100 bottles per year and give free reign of how much all the other companies will produce with one condition. All the other companies must produce the medicine taking out the effective ingredients that cure the people. So that the medicine will not work. T

So people begin to die again of cancer and the cancer hospitals, business continues to flourish.

This is what has been done to the KJV. They are flooding the market with false bibles of every other translation and hoping to make the KJV archaic in the sight of this next generation so that eventually they can drive it out print. Then the people will not have the pure word of God but a counterfeit that has no power. Who is it behind this agenda? Rome. They have been behind it all along.

Did you listen to Gayle Riplinger's videos, Biker? You need to. Because Wikipedia is not a reliable source for this subject.
Gayle Riplinger is not a reliable source for this subject.

Forum List

Back