King James Bible vs other Translations

It depends if the KJ is a translation or interpretation of the original Hebrew or comes from the original mangled Greek.
The KJ is piss poor.
Why do you say that? Did you listen to the video by Dr. Kent Hovind, Indepeendent? What did you think about what he has to say? I'd be interested to get your thoughts on that!
I don't have to watch a video.
I speak Biblical Hebrew pretty fluently and I've read TNT KJ 5 times; it's a horrible translation.
Others ARE worse, but why compare a migraine to cancer?
You cannot make a sound judgment about something without examining the evidence first. To condemn the evidence without examining it is to assure yourself of eternal ignorance on the matter.

"God" has noting to do with the jewish deity Yahweh that the jewish authors wrote about combining a variety of native and oriental mythology. The best translation is by William Harwood who exposes that ridiculous idiocy of anyone thinking the jewish mythology is any more relevant than Greek mythology.
Wrong. All other translations for these other versions of the Bible are new age / occultists. See Gayle Riplinger's teaching on the other translations. They should not be used by anyone. The translators corrupted the Scriptures. They are going to answer to God for it too.

This is called bearing false witness. You do it often.
pillars, I do not permit personal attacks on my threads. I realize you are new but if you expect to be responded to and participate on my threads you will refrain from personal attacks and address the OP. Otherwise you won't be part of the discussion.

Unless God speaks using Elizabethian English (thee, thou, etc.) claiming the KJV is especially accurate reveals profound ignorance.

If it isn't in original languages, the 'word of God' will have been changed. Hebrew, Greek, Aramaic don't translate perfectly into English. And if the 'Bible codes' thing has any merit, you're loosing any coded messages the moment you translate it into anything else.

Have you ever seen Gayle Riplinger's video, Delta? I believe Dr. Hovind refers to her research in the video. I thought I had posted it for you before.

Did you watch it? Let me know. I can post it again.

"God" has noting to do with the jewish deity Yahweh that the jewish authors wrote about combining a variety of native and oriental mythology. The best translation is by William Harwood who exposes that ridiculous idiocy of anyone thinking the jewish mythology is any more relevant than Greek mythology.
Wrong. All other translations for these other versions of the Bible are new age / occultists. See Gayle Riplinger's teaching on the other translations. They should not be used by anyone. The translators corrupted the Scriptures. They are going to answer to God for it too.

pillars, I do not permit personal attacks on my threads. I realize you are new but if you expect to be responded to and participate on my threads you will refrain from personal attacks and address the OP. Otherwise you won't be part of the discussion.

Telling a poster on another thread that he is going to burn in hell isn't a personal attack? You bear false witness on a daily basis against other Christians and other faiths by posting these videos from charlatans and false prophets. I'm sorry that you don't want to be held accountable for posting false and malicious attacks.

You literally ill wish and curse people on these boards, and such behavior will rebound upon you and cause you great misery and destruction. I pray that you eventually find peace and truth in your life, and come to realize that you do not need to attack other people's faith in order to be true to your own.

May light and joy come into your path in plentiful abundance, and may you come face to face with what you seek.

Until that occurs, feel free to ignore my threads and stop posting garbage in them.

This is an excellent teaching on the difference between the King James Bible and the other translations which have changed the Word of God, deleted verses, added verses and twisted the meaning of Scripture. This is a very serious matter that few Christians appear to be aware of. In this teaching Dr. Kent Hovind tells us about the history of the Scriptures and the early church! Very interesting lesson! Enjoy!

A distinction without a difference.

Telling a poster on another thread that he is going to burn in hell isn't a personal attack? You bear false witness on a daily basis against other Christians and other faiths by posting these videos from charlatans and false prophets. I'm sorry that you don't want to be held accountable for posting false and malicious attacks.

You literally ill wish and curse people on these boards, and such behavior will rebound upon you and cause you great misery and destruction. I pray that you eventually find peace and truth in your life, and come to realize that you do not need to attack other people's faith in order to be true to your own.

May light and joy come into your path in plentiful abundance, and may you come face to face with what you seek.

Until that occurs, feel free to ignore my threads and stop posting garbage in them.

I told him Jesus Christ was his only hope and apart from salvation through Him he'd be in hell.

You have a propensity for twisting the truth and outright deception, pillars. As for my asking you to refrain from personal attacks (and false accusations) on my threads ( and your refusal to stop)? I won't be responding to your posts any more because you incapable of doing what you are asked to do. Clearly your occult religion is not doing you any good but I already told you about that. So we're finished here.

I told him Jesus Christ was his only hope and apart from salvation through Him he'd be in hell.

You have a propensity for twisting the truth and outright deception, pillars. As for my asking you to refrain from personal attacks (and false accusations) on my threads ( and your refusal to stop)? I won't be responding to your posts any more because you incapable of doing what you are asked to do. Clearly your occult religion is not doing you any good but I already told you about that. So we're finished here.

Jeri, you're a hypocrite. You've made a hundred false attacks on my beliefs. That means you bear false witness. It's a shame you are unwillling to own up to your own limitations.

It depends if the KJ is a translation or interpretation of the original Hebrew or comes from the original mangled Greek.
The KJ is piss poor.
Why do you say that? Did you listen to the video by Dr. Kent Hovind, Indepeendent? What did you think about what he has to say? I'd be interested to get your thoughts on that!
I speak Biblical Hebrew pretty fluently and I've read TNT KJ 5 times; it's a horrible translation.
You cannot make a sound judgment about something without examining the evidence first. To condemn the evidence without examining it is to assure yourself of eternal ignorance on the matter.
I did the most accurate examination possible...I read it and compared it to the original from whence it came.
The KJ is better than most, but is still a horrible translation.
I recommend taking 3 months to learn some basic Hebrew, which only a very Christians I know have actually done, and then judging for yourself.
On the other hand, if a Christian truly believes the KJV, with it's many flaws in comparison to the original Hebrew, is the word of God, why worry about what anybody else thinks?

The KJ is piss poor.
I did the most accurate examination possible...I read it and compared it to the original from whence it came.
I recommend taking 3 months to learn some basic Hebrew, which only a very Christians I know have actually done, and then judging for yourself.
On the other hand, if a Christian truly believes the KJV, with it's many flaws in comparison to the original Hebrew, is the word of God, why worry about what anybody else thinks?

That is something I have wanted to do for some time. To take a basic Hebrew language class that is focused on a study of the Scriptures in Hebrew. I had actually enrolled in a class to do that quite a while ago and then something came up and I had to put it off. Maybe I will do it this winter. God willing. As for worrying about what others think? I don't, but I am concerned about those Christians who would use a modern translation and end up not knowing the true Word of God. The information I learned about the translators of NIV and NKJ was very disturbing to say the least. Have a nice evening, Indeependent.

The KJ is piss poor.

That is something I have wanted to do for some time. To take a basic Hebrew language class that is focused on a study of the Scriptures in Hebrew. I had actually enrolled in a class to do that quite a while ago and then something came up and I had to put it off. Maybe I will do it this winter. God willing. As for worrying about what others think? I don't, but I am concerned about those Christians who would use a modern translation and end up not knowing the true Word of God. The information I learned about the translators of NIV and NKJ was very disturbing to say the least. Have a nice evening, Indeependent.

If you have cable and are truly interested in seeing what the Jewish take is on the KJV of the Bible (and also want to learn where the KJV gets it twisted up), then I would recommend tuning into the religious channel and start looking for shows like Hidden in the Hebrew with Uri Harel and Dr. Rik Wadge for starters. Both are Jewish scholars who DIRECTLY translate the OT to English and tell you where the Bible gets it wrong.

It just might open your eyes. Tune in to several shows, and find one that you're comfortable listening to. Trust me...............the KJV isn't as accurate as you think.

If you have cable and are truly interested in seeing what the Jewish take is on the KJV of the Bible (and also want to learn where the KJV gets it twisted up), then I would recommend tuning into the religious channel and start looking for shows like Hidden in the Hebrew with Uri Harel and Dr. Rik Wadge for starters. Both are Jewish scholars who DIRECTLY translate the OT to English and tell you where the Bible gets it wrong.

It just might open your eyes. Tune in to several shows, and find one that you're comfortable listening to. Trust me...............the KJV isn't as accurate as you think.

I do not have to trust you, Biker. I trust God and He tells me that His Word is pure. The King James Version bible is the Word of God. The other translations were translated by New Age occult followers and the reason they did it was to change the Word of God into a lie. People do not fight so hard against something that isn't a threat to them, Biker. The workers of Satan do not waste their time if it isn't a serious threat. You need to read up on Dr. Alberto Rivera's books published by Chick ministries and learn why the RCC and their Jesuits are so adamant about destroying the KJV bible.

Take note of her teaching - exposing Madame Blavatsky - excellent presentation!

Last edited:

You need to see this video, Biker.

This is an excellent teaching on the difference between the King James Bible and the other translations which have changed the Word of God, deleted verses, added verses and twisted the meaning of Scripture. This is a very serious matter that few Christians appear to be aware of. In this teaching Dr. Kent Hovind tells us about the history of the Scriptures and the early church! Very interesting lesson! Enjoy!

The Readers Digest version of the Bible.

The KJ is piss poor.

Did you know that the King James Version Bible scripture is confirmed as accurate with a very minimal and insignificant difference when compared to the Isaiah Scrolls? Yes. It is true. You should view Gayle Riplinger's video on the KJV bible and the Isaiah Scrolls. The most accurate intact book of antiquity in the world today is the KJV bible. Scholars around the world agree on this. The second most intact book is the Iliad. Look up F.F. Bruce comments about the subject of just how accurate the KJV bible is. I think you'll be surprised. I forgot you were Jewish, Indeependent. Jesus Christ is your Jewish Messiah. The four hundred years of silence between Malachi and John the Baptist were due to the rebellion and disobedience of the Hebrew people. (See Malachi) John the Baptist was the one promised to prepare the way of the Lord. Jesus Christ is Lord. Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. All of creation shall bow their knee and confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.
Is this how theological questions are discussed at your pagan temple?

And now you're busy breaking commandments again. Your steadfast devotion to your version of faith evidently doesn't stop you from repeatedly committing the most egregious of sins. Purgatory may be too good for you.

I think people should choose the version of the bible that lets them hate exactly the kind of people they despise already.

Forum List

Back