Kinetic military action

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Orwell would be proud.

Q Ben, in the congressional briefings, Congress was reportedly told that this is not a war. Can you confirm that? Can you elaborate on that? And if it’s not a war, what’s the right way to characterize this operation?

MR. RHODES: Well, I mean, I wasn’t in those particular briefings. But again, I think what we’ve said is that this is a military operation that will be limited in both duration and scope. Our contribution to this military operation that is enforcing a U.N. Security Council resolution is going to be limited -- time limited to the front end, and then we’ll shift to a support role. So I think what we’re doing is we’re enforcing a U.N. Security Council resolution. We’re taking -- we’re undertaking a military operation to protect the people of Libya. But that military operation is going to be, again, limited in both time and scope, and that’s the position we took to Congress, although I wasn’t in the precise briefings, so I couldn’t --
Q But it’s not going to war, then?
MR. RHODES: Well, again, I think what we are doing is enforcing a resolution that has a very clear set of goals, which is protecting the Libyan people, averting a humanitarian crisis, and setting up a no-fly zone. Obviously that involves kinetic military action, particularly on the front end. But again, the nature of our commitment is that we are not getting into an open-ended war, a land invasion in Libya. What we are doing is offering a unique set of capabilities over a period of days that can shape the environment for a no-fly zone.

Press Briefing by Press Secretary Jay Carney, Senior Director for Western Hemisphere Affairs Dan Restrepo and Deputy National Security Advisor for Strategic Communications Ben Rhodes | The White House

They told me this would happen if I voted for McCain.

Yup and we just gotta "Protect those Civilians." Wink Wink. And this War has nothing to do with Oil. Wink Wink. Wow what a scam.

It makes me long for the intellectual rigor of "Overseas Contingency Operation".

From the administration that brought us the term 'overseas contingency operation'. Now 'kinetic'; code term for war. Sheesh....!

The purpose of Newspeak IS not only to provide a medium of expression for the world-view and mental habits proper to the devotees of Obamaism, but to make all other modes of thought impossible. It is intended that when Newspeak is adopted once and for all and Oldspeak forgotten, a heretical thought -- that is, a thought diverging from the principles of Obamaism -- should be literally unthinkable, at least so far as thought is dependent on words. Its vocabulary is so constructed as to give exact and often very subtle expression to every meaning that a Party member could properly wish to express, while excluding all other meaning and also the possibility of arriving at them by indirect methods. This is done partly by the invention of new words, but chiefly by eliminating undesirable words and stripping such words as remained of unorthodox meanings, and so far as possible of all secondary meaning whatever.

(Apology's to George Orwell)

The purpose of Newspeak IS not only to provide a medium of expression for the world-view and mental habits proper to the devotees of Obamaism, but to make all other modes of thought impossible. It is intended that when Newspeak is adopted once and for all and Oldspeak forgotten, a heretical thought -- that is, a thought diverging from the principles of Obamaism -- should be literally unthinkable, at least so far as thought is dependent on words. Its vocabulary is so constructed as to give exact and often very subtle expression to every meaning that a Party member could properly wish to express, while excluding all other meaning and also the possibility of arriving at them by indirect methods. This is done partly by the invention of new words, but chiefly by eliminating undesirable words and stripping such words as remained of unorthodox meanings, and so far as possible of all secondary meaning whatever.

(Apology's to George Orwell)

Clearly we no longer have an Independent Media. They just regurgitate Government Talking Points. Now supposedly Gaddafi is targeting and killing all those Civilians. I'm sure that's all just Bomber's Propaganda. They'll say anything to justify their bombing & killing. Can't look to the Media for truth & reality anymore. The closest thing we ever got to real truth came with Wikileaks. And look what they're doing to that guy. The MSM is just a Government propaganda arm. With Wikileaks you got truth. Hillary Clinton ordering spying on UN Members? Why didn't any Media Outlets report this? You know they knew. They just chose not to report it. So just turn off the News. You'll find no truth & reality there.

Don't like Wikileaks. There are some things the public shouldn't know.

And I believe we should have done something in Libya. But sooner, with congressional approval. And with and end game in sight. And call it what it is. Right now the problem seems to be that no one knows what to call it.......

And remember I hate war. But sometimes there is little else to do than to slap the shit out of some deserving asshole.

Forum List

Back