Kindergarten Dropouts

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
I have a feeling that not too many Americans heard about this recent Supreme Court decision:

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court declined Monday to insert itself into the middle of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict by second-guessing U.S. policy on Jerusalem.

Ruling just a few months after a feud between President Obama and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, the justices refused to allow Americans born in Jerusalem to have their passports changed to reflect Israel as their birthplace, as Congress demanded more than a decade ago.

XXXXX

Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote the 6-3 decision for the court, which needed more than seven months following oral arguments in early November to decide the congressional law was unconstitutional. It was the longest-pending high court decision.

XXXXX

Chief Justice John Roberts and Justices Antonin Scalia and Samuel Alito dissented. They sided with Congress, which passed a law in 2002 allowing Americans born in Jerusalem to have Israel listed as their place of birth on their passports.

Court: U.S. passports must say 'Jerusalem' not 'Israel'
Richard Wolf, USA TODAY 3:39 p.m. EDT June 8, 2015

Court U.S. passports must say Jerusalem not Israel

To us ordinary bumpkins, legal niceties are impossible to fathom in cases that kindergarten dropouts see as cut and dried. Throw the Israeli-Palestinian conflict into the pot and Solomon would look the fool if he cut that baby in half. Stir the pot with United Nations/Global Government politics and you’ve made a fine mess:

The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday turned back a demand from Congress that Americans born in Jerusalem be allowed to have their passports changed to reflect Israel as their birthplace, heeding a warning from the State Department “a simple passport alteration could ‘provoke uproar throughout the Arab and Muslim world,’” USA Today reports.

U.S. passports must say 'Jerusalem,' not 'Israel'
Posted By -NO AUTHOR- On 06/08/2015 @ 12:30 pm

WND U.S. passports must say Jerusalem not Israel Print

I’m pretty sure the Nifty Nine were hitting the sauce pretty good when they were deciding on passports. My Mama raised no fools; so the passport ruling is best left to those with a vested interest in such things. Now that the final score is in, I do have one question. Did the justices cover laissez-passer in their discussions? See this link for the connection that prompted my question:

Incidentally, I’ll wager that there would have been nine different opinions if the High Court had to decide which forum this thread should have been placed. For the record, I decided on the Education forum because of Common Core.

I cannot count the times Common Core’s defenders objected whenever I married the United Nations to Common Core. Regardless of the proofs I posted, my opposites swear to high heaven that the United Nations had nothing to do with the so-called education standards CC imposes on American children and their parents. Their best argument is that each one of our states writes their own rules. At least one presidential wannabe makes that claim:

John Kasich's Common Core lie
By Jason Russell | May 2, 2015 | 5:00 am

John Kasich s Common Core lie WashingtonExaminer.com

Nothing is further from the truth. The philosophy driving Common Core originated in the bowels of the United Nations before it was written and forced on the states by the federal government. CC would have gone nowhere without the UN’s political muscle needed to ram Common Core down the throats of the American people. These excerpts from Leo Hohmann’s great piece were linked to in the article Posted By-No Author-:

He said the program was inspired by the concepts of “experiential education” advocated by the likes of John Dewey, Montessori, and the Model United Nations program that has been taught in schools for decades.

“It is not to indoctrinate; it is to have students engage in conflict resolution so they learn negotiating skills,” he said. “So Charles Jacobs’ claims, when he’s using old material, and saying it’s to indoctrinate, are a lie.”​

The final excerpts obliterates any defense Common Core supporters offer:

Schools going global with support of U.N.

By incorporating globalist principles into the curriculum, students are taught to be good “citizens of the world” as opposed to good citizens of America, whose sovereign status is seen as subservient to that of the United Nations and other global institutions, said Alex Newman, co-author of a new book, “Crimes of the Educators: How Utopians are Using Government Schools to Destroy America’s Children.”

“It is really amazing how open and transparent the U.N. and especially UNESCO, led by an actual communist, has become in its ‘global citizen’ indoctrination programs,” Newman said, referring to Irina Bokova, a Bulgarian communist and current UNESCO chief.

These attempts to globalize the classrooms and turn students against the idea of being Americans first have been hiding in plain view for a long time, Newman said, yet he’s seen very little push-back from states or local school boards. That’s probably because the curricula comes with federal funding, and states are always looking for ways to augment their budgets with federal dollars.

“All over their websites, they brag about transforming children’s attitudes, views, beliefs and behavior using so-called education,” Newman said. “They’ve been doing this openly for decades, as we show, using primary-source documents, in ‘Crimes of the Educators.’”

Obama’s secretary of education, Arne Duncan, even boasts that, “with UNESCO as his ‘global partner,’ they are using government schools to indoctrinate students, even calling education a ‘weapon’ to ‘change the world,’” Newman said. “This should be very disturbing to anyone who values liberty, Judeo-Christian values, biblical religion, national sovereignty, and the principles America was founded upon. It needs to be exposed and shut down.”

Hobert is an academic leader in the push toward “global citizenship.” He created his nonprofit, “Axis of Hope,” in 2002 to, as he says, “teach youth in their formative years of life what I call preventative diplomacy; how to work together as a team to prevent conflict. Are they going to prevent conflict, or are they going to get out there and try to make a lot of money, and exacerbate conflict?”

Boston University has supported Hobert’s Axis of Hope vision but recommended he change the name to the Global Literacy Institute. Teachers from around the world will be able to come and learn from Hobert how to teach their students to resolve problems on a global, national and local level, he said.

Common Core teaches kids to 'divide Jerusalem'
Posted By Leo Hohmann On 05/20/2015 @ 8:37 pm

WND Common Core teaches kids to divide Jerusalem Print

Last edited:

Forum List

Back