Kinda fun, kinda creepy...

Amanda

Calm as a Hindu cow
Nov 28, 2008
Dead At Your Age – Deaths of interesting people at your age

You've outlived Anissa Jones by more than 4 months. She was a child star who appeared as Buffy Davis on "Family Affair" (1966-71). She died of an overdose of Seconal, cocaine, PCP and Quaaludes on August 27, 1976, 14 years before you were born.

Norman Chaney was about half a year younger than you when he died of a glandular ailment on May 29, 1936. He was a child actor who played Chubby in the "Our Gang: The Little Rascals" shorts. He died 55 years before you were born.

You've outlived Ryan White by about half a year. He was an AIDS activist who won the fight to attend school while infected with AIDS. He died of complications of AIDS on April 8, 1990, 1 year before you were born.

Eric Harris was about a year younger than you when he died of suicide by gunshot on April 20, 1999. He was a mass murderer involved in the killings at Columbine High School. You were 8 years old when he died.

Weird. I was at Ellis memorial service on campus. It was like a year ago. He died like two months after he was diagnosed. Sad story. Odd that his name would come up like that.

You've outlived Victor Ellis by about two weeks. He was a linebacker and captain of the University of Alabama Crimson Tide football team (1998-2001). He died of cancer on March 25, 2008, when you were 27 years old.

Brad Nowell was about 2 months younger than you when he died of an overdose of heroin on May 25, 1996. He was a lead singer and guitarist for ska-punk-pop band Sublime. You were 15 years old when he died.

You've outlived Big Pun by about 2 months. He was a Latino rapper, the first to sell over a million copies of a solo album. He died of a heart attack and respiratory failure on February 7, 2000, when you were 19 years old.

Kathleen Kennedy was about 2 months younger than you when she died in an airplane accident on May 13, 1948. She was a sister of JFK, debutante, and Red Cross volunteer who married a British nobleman. She died 33 years before you were born.

I've outlived too many people who were much closer to me than these famous people.

I know of at least three of my boyhood chums who left the stage in the last two years, and none of them died because of tragic accidents, but departed due to health problems.

Creepy.

You've outlived Irena Sendler by about a year. She was a Polish resistance fighter who helped smuggle 2500 Jewish children out of Warsaw during WWII. She died on May 12, 2008, when you were 108 years old.

Must have been a typo in my birthdate.

I thought the title of this thread was about you and your new boyfriend.

Oops...my bad.

I don't know any of the people I've outlived; never heard of them. But this was in the upper left corner:

"Congratulations! You've lived 17,785 days."

Is that all? It feels so much longer. And now I can't get Pink Floyd's lyrics out of my head: "Shorter of breath and one day closer to death".

At your exact age, Ulrich von Hutten died of syphilis. He was a theologian and advocate of the Lutheran Reformation

Ulrich enjoyed his ladies in the pre-penicillin era.

Forum List

Back