Kim Jong Un accepts Trump's invitation to Washington: report

And we still kicked their asses with our military might. The Nazi's were a threat because they were fucking Nazis deadset on going to war.
?

We would have never had to fight them in the first place, Germans aren't stupid, they wouldn't have started the war if we were ready.

WWII cost plenty, and it was almost lost.

Arming the head of time would have been fiscally prudent, FDR would not have been responsible for almost 1/2 million American military dying.

Nobody had ever seen a military of our size at the peak of our participation in the war. Once again, this is just really awful Monday morning quarterbacking. I'm going to start calling you Joe Montana.

Maybe RocketMan has finally figured out what he is missing all over the world instead of being hidden in his kingdom...and wants to party? lol

Did you miss the memo? It's no longer Rocket Man, it's friend, strong leader and 'he's a funny guy'.
Why are you upset that he and Trump seem to be getting along?

I don't like my presidents to be too chummy with dictators giving them propaganda wins and raising their international stature.

North Korea hasn't earned the right to meet with a U.S President, Just like Russia doesn't deserve to be in the G8, it was charity that they were there in the first place.

But you were fine with barry doing everything but blow Raul in the Plaza de la Revolucion on his last visit.

He did? Like what, give some details.

Damn you liberals are as easy as a two dollar hooker in Tijuana...
Cuba Meeting Between Obama and Castro Exposes Old Grievances

For starters to account for and return all hostages they are keeping from other countries. While were at it a release of all political prisoners. A pledge to stop enriching uranium or buying it and setting up a system of verification. Hell, just verifying where their nuclear facilities are and allowing for the international community to confirm would be nice.

A meeting with a sitting U.S. president should be a reward merely because it's something they want. Now that card is off the table and we got nothing for it.

Now can you please return from fantasy-land and name one successful peace deal with a nuclear-armed enemy which has been achieved with the same criteria before a meeting of the leaders took place.

What I gave were examples specif to North Korea. Iran has done more than North Korea has and it didn't require a presidential summit. The USSR has done more than North Korea, they had curbed their arsenal. Trust but verify, remember?

Let me save you the trouble. You can't.

I think I just did.

You seem to regard the office of the presidency with some sort of holy reverence, as if the president of the U.S. is some messiah whose hand must be kissed after a proper amount of groveling. As if he or she should only deign to bestow their presence upon the wholly repentant.

With North Korea it almost is. They have always wanted to be recognized as equal with the United States. We just gave them a real face full of that imagery they can use on their own people. This wasn't a secret, it was well known. Hell, it was used as an example in 2008 by both Hillary Clinton and Republicans when they were running against Obama when he had stated he'd be willing to meet with leaders of hostile countries. You don't remember Hannity bringing this up?

MHStImPAJeya5mhs38xRov5-jr32Zxd3n8_o_-fNGpiVSawBjYAPoepYDYCannEgXIrIfpHmn-wAckDcatOte13Fkf2DJZxaeurpjyHdf43Bdp2fq7Bs66iUrTVlP5ZpTu32DCJ6

No. The president is the elected leader of a republic whose office affords certain powers, and there are many ways to use those power wisely... or not so wisely. In this case, the president has, as a starter, secured return of US prisoners, the cessation of missile tests, and a signed denuclearization agreement. If it's not honored, it's not honored and back to square one. That's the worst-case scenario. If it is honored, then what you detailed will happen in due course.

We've had prisoners returned to every recent President without sucking up to North Korea's leader. Missile tests, shit, they done ruined their testing facility and they don't have an unlimited number of missiles, this is a very poor country, remember?

They did not sign a denuclearization agreement, they signed a piece of paper with a vague notion of what exactly denuclearization even means. We've also gone down this road with them before and they broke that agreement.Why is now so different? Because Kim got the opportunity to hold hands with Trump?

Tell me... do you really, honestly think that Kim Jong Un would free every prisoner, totally denuclearize, throw open his borders and let everyone in just so he can meet the president of the US?

I gave several examples of what we could ask for. One of those things would be to have them release all political prisoners, maybe we wouldn't get all of that, perhaps there would be a compromise. But, we had something of value and it's now lost for nothing.

It's a good thing that Trump doesn't actually have the God complex so many attribute to him, or he might actually structure his foreign policy on that basis. You seem to think he should.

Everything appears to revolve around Trump and how it makes him look. Hell, he even said to you that if this summit was a mistake he wouldn't admit to it, he literally said that.

Lying left, of course.

Hannity did say something similar to that...

Here is what Hannity actually said:

"One of the most disturbing displays of Obama's lack of foreign policy expertise came during last year's YouTube debate, the junior senator from Illinois gave what many called a naive answer for a question from the audience about whether he would meet with the leaders of Syria, Venezuela, Cuba or North Korea without preconditions."

Obama reply was "I would".

Without preconditions...

Without preconditions...

Without preconditions...

Without preconditions...

Hope nobody will catch that.

Yeah, there were no preconditions to this meeting. North Korea gave up nothing except claiming they scrapped their test site even though it was a collapsed mountain that did the job for them.

Lying leftie again...

Nothing except... of course... except.

They're still firing missiles, right?
They didn't release hostages, right?
They still threatening us, right?

They've released hostages before, they've stopped firing missiles before and they've also stopped threatening us before, it never goes anywhere, those aren't concessions, those are continued lies by this regime.

Now can you please return from fantasy-land and name one successful peace deal with a nuclear-armed enemy which has been achieved with the same criteria before a meeting of the leaders took place.

What I gave were examples specif to North Korea. Iran has done more than North Korea has and it didn't require a presidential summit. The USSR has done more than North Korea, they had curbed their arsenal. Trust but verify, remember?

I think I just did.

You seem to regard the office of the presidency with some sort of holy reverence, as if the president of the U.S. is some messiah whose hand must be kissed after a proper amount of groveling. As if he or she should only deign to bestow their presence upon the wholly repentant.

With North Korea it almost is. They have always wanted to be recognized as equal with the United States. We just gave them a real face full of that imagery they can use on their own people. This wasn't a secret, it was well known. Hell, it was used as an example in 2008 by both Hillary Clinton and Republicans when they were running against Obama when he had stated he'd be willing to meet with leaders of hostile countries. You don't remember Hannity bringing this up?

MHStImPAJeya5mhs38xRov5-jr32Zxd3n8_o_-fNGpiVSawBjYAPoepYDYCannEgXIrIfpHmn-wAckDcatOte13Fkf2DJZxaeurpjyHdf43Bdp2fq7Bs66iUrTVlP5ZpTu32DCJ6

No. The president is the elected leader of a republic whose office affords certain powers, and there are many ways to use those power wisely... or not so wisely. In this case, the president has, as a starter, secured return of US prisoners, the cessation of missile tests, and a signed denuclearization agreement. If it's not honored, it's not honored and back to square one. That's the worst-case scenario. If it is honored, then what you detailed will happen in due course.

We've had prisoners returned to every recent President without sucking up to North Korea's leader. Missile tests, shit, they done ruined their testing facility and they don't have an unlimited number of missiles, this is a very poor country, remember?

They did not sign a denuclearization agreement, they signed a piece of paper with a vague notion of what exactly denuclearization even means. We've also gone down this road with them before and they broke that agreement.Why is now so different? Because Kim got the opportunity to hold hands with Trump?

Tell me... do you really, honestly think that Kim Jong Un would free every prisoner, totally denuclearize, throw open his borders and let everyone in just so he can meet the president of the US?

I gave several examples of what we could ask for. One of those things would be to have them release all political prisoners, maybe we wouldn't get all of that, perhaps there would be a compromise. But, we had something of value and it's now lost for nothing.

It's a good thing that Trump doesn't actually have the God complex so many attribute to him, or he might actually structure his foreign policy on that basis. You seem to think he should.

Everything appears to revolve around Trump and how it makes him look. Hell, he even said to you that if this summit was a mistake he wouldn't admit to it, he literally said that.

Lying left, of course.

"One of the most disturbing displays of Obama's lack of foreign policy expertise came during last year's YouTube debate, the junior senator from Illinois gave what many called a naive answer for a question from the audience about whether he would meet with the leaders of Syria, Venezuela, Cuba or North Korea without preconditions."

Without preconditions...

Without preconditions...

Without preconditions...

Without preconditions...

Yeah, there were no preconditions to this meeting. North Korea gave up nothing except claiming they scrapped their test site even though it was a collapsed mountain that did the job for them.

Lying leftie again...

They've released hostages before, they've stopped firing missiles before and they've also stopped threatening us before, it never goes anywhere, those aren't concessions, those are continued lies by this regime.

Right... what you're saying, there would be meeting if they're still firing missiles, and holding our hostages, testing nukes, and threatening their neighbors and us. You know you're lying, but you saying it anyways.

Only reason they got to the meeting is because they made concessions. There would be no meeting if they showed any sign of misbehavior.

The holocaust? You think we went to war because of the Holocaust?

America was against the Holocaust 110% from the jump.

And Germany knew that we would be pissed, but didn't care because out military was in shambles.

That explains why we didn't enter the war until the Japanese attacked us and then Germany declared war on us. Even though well before this time we were supplying arms and equipment to some of our allies. We joined the war to save Europe (and really ourselves) from fascism.

Unfortunately, truth be told many in the United States were antisemitic and even before the war we had a wave of nativism and nativist immigration policies set up by the Hoover Administration and not change in Roosevelt's. As Jews attempted to flee Germany we sadly did not raise our quota for accepting Germans, it was most likely politically unpopular. That was this country's mindset pre WWII before we knew the whole truth of what was going on however knew enough that Jews were being targeted. I don't think most Americans knew how big the holocaust would end up being until almost after the war. It was not a highly covered topic early on.

We didn't want to go to war though Roosevelt knew we would eventually. We didn't know the full impact of the holocaust until we were tipped off in 1942 after we were already in it. Sad but true, public opinion was swayed, not to help Jews but to save us from what Europe was going through and well Pearl Harbor and Germany's own declaration of war on us.

I think I just did.

Lying left, of course.

Without preconditions...

Without preconditions...

Without preconditions...

Without preconditions...

Lying leftie again...

Right... what you're saying, there would be meeting if they're still firing missiles, and holding our hostages, testing nukes, and threatening their neighbors and us. You know you're lying, but you saying it anyways.

I don't believe the North Koreans have fired a missile since November. Before there were talks of having a summit. So, no, that's not it.

Only reason they got to the meeting is because they made concessions. There would be no meeting if they showed any sign of misbehavior.

Nope, glad you could learn something though.

We didn't want to go to war though Roosevelt knew we would eventually. .

Then, Roosevelt was the worst president we ever had. His incompetence in not maintaining a world class military throughout the 30's is what encouraged Hitler to start problems.

WWII was completely avoidable, if FDR has acted early-long before the invasion of Poland in 1939.

That won't do, sorry.

Exactly what criteria do you think is requisite?

For starters to account for and return all hostages they are keeping from other countries. While were at it a release of all political prisoners. A pledge to stop enriching uranium or buying it and setting up a system of verification. Hell, just verifying where their nuclear facilities are and allowing for the international community to confirm would be nice.

A meeting with a sitting U.S. president should be a reward merely because it's something they want. Now that card is off the table and we got nothing for it.

I think I just did.

Lying left, of course.

Without preconditions...

Without preconditions...

Without preconditions...

Without preconditions...

And they didn't get anything either. You keep leaving that out.
This isn't Clinton, Bush or Zero handing out billions to these people.
The sanctions that have all but crippled NK are still in place. And they
are going to stay in place.

So he hasn't gotten anything.

He says things have changed. OK, no problem...show us.
The final result is still the same for NK...Prosperity or War.
It's their choice to make.

I think I just did.

Lying left, of course.

Without preconditions...

Without preconditions...

Without preconditions...

Without preconditions...

And they didn't get anything either. You keep leaving that out.
This isn't Clinton, Bush or Zero handing out billions to these people.
The sanctions that have all but crippled NK are still in place. And they
are going to stay in place.

So he hasn't gotten anything.

He says things have changed. OK, no problem...show us.
The final result is still the same for NK...Prosperity or War.
It's their choice to make.

Lefties can't be honest...

This is their state of mind.

2n06amt.jpg

Suppose President Un of NK decides to give up evil? Instead of continuing with his socialist policies, he opens his country up to resort construction- gets people like Sheldon Adelson or Donald Trump Jr. to open facilities and convert his country over to capitalism.

Wouldn't that be great? It could happen, President Trump made a great impression on the leader of the North Korean people

There's reason to believe this thing isn't over yet. I think condemnation is too early and I think victory laps are too early. Let's see what happens in the next month or so.
Maybe RocketMan has finally figured out what he is missing all over the world instead of being hidden in his kingdom...and wants to party? lol

Did you miss the memo? It's no longer Rocket Man, it's friend, strong leader and 'he's a funny guy'.

Wow, you'd be a terrible negotiator. Just like your Messiah, Obama was

Yeah, Kim got all the praise for free, boy that Trump is smart.....like a dump truck.

Any deal is better than your Messiah's deal with Iran. No deal is WAY better than your Messiah's deal with Iran.

The Iran deal had international support, to even include Iran's ally Russia. We had a system set up to check to ensure Iran is not breaking the arrangement and they weren't. It achieved the purpose of delaying Iran's ability to become a nuclear power. But, thanks to Trump that's all in jeopardy now, it's up to what used to be our allies to keep it together and I don't know if they can. Anyway, in order to confirm that North Korea never gets nukes we'd need something similar.

And yeah, insulting the other side is so effective a strategy. You go run along and play with your dump truck with Obama in the sandbox now and let adults handle this

Who said anything about insulting the other side? Oh, yeah, Trump insulted North Korea, remember? Now he just insults our allies but why would we think he wouldn't attack North Korea again? The man is schizophrenic.

So you're insulting Trump for insulting North Korea and for not insulting North Korea ... and you're calling Trump schizophrenic.

You just dig yourself deeper and deeper in your hatred and stupidity

:dig:

But you do have an explanation. It's all good if the international left signs off on it!!!

Oh, and now you trust Russia again. But you don't because of the election. But you do when Hillary is taking bribes to sell them 20% of US uranium.

Tell me about schizophrenic again ...

FDR called Stalin “Uncle Joe”...

Fact is there are countries out there with dictatorships & little personal freedom. We still have to live with them whether we like it or not...

Well, without 'Uncle Joe' (named so by the media, not FDR) we would have been in deep shit so I guess we got something out of that, didn't we? What have we gotten from Kim? Nada.

Yes we got a Cold War & the threat of nuclear annihilation from Uncle Joe. Great deal there!

So, what should we have done? Are you really wanting to blame FDR for the rise of the USSR? That's batshit crazy considering he died before the end of the war. What would you have had us do? At least we won the war thanks to the help of all our allies, we got something there.

I honestly don’t get you lefties sometimes. You say no war under any circumstances but you’re against dilplomacy because Trump happens to be the one doing it.

For starters, I don't know anyone who says 'no war under any circumstances', we just don't like bullshit wars over fake WMDs or starting an unproductive twitter spat that we will most likely see again.

I'm also not against diplomacy or negotiating with North Korea, I certainly don't know anyone who has said that except for the Trumpists here who wanted to nuke North Korea during that whole idiotic 'rocketman' shit.

There was no “deal” made in Singapore. There was only a framework started.

No shit. Once again, nobody is claiming a deal was made. What was made is that we gave Kim his globa debutante ball for which Kim will use for his own propaganda purposes like we always knew they would. We also apparently without South Korea's knowledge and tipping off China have decided stop our military training with our ally on the peninsula, according to Trump those military exercises are 'provocative' which is exactly what North Korea had been calling them for years. Trump literally used North Korea's words of propaganda.

As a bonus we get to hear the President of the United States tell the world that Kim loves his people, another propaganda win for NK. Not to mention that Kim is also smart, funny and a strong leader. All Kim had to do to get this is sign a fucking piece of paper saying they will work towards denucleariztion, even though they've already done that in the past and broke their word.

This is how countries conduct business. Not every country is a model of Jeffersonian Democracy, but guess what, we have to find a way to get along. Having some stability on the peninsula would help us immensely.

This is not how countries conduct business with rogue dictatorships who have broken every promise, starved, tortured and murdered it's own people. Kidnapped citizens from Japan and South Korea on their own land and fired missiles over our allies and threatened nuclear destruction.

We have to find a way to get along, that's funny. Why not just let North Korea do whatever it wants, so far that appears to be Trump's plan. Why not just open up trade now? That's a way to 'get along', isn't it?

So all you are worried about is some propaganda points the Kim regime may rack up??:21: All of these other countries who are clearly lining up to become the next North Korea..

It can strengthen North Korea's resolve, why negotiate when they are going to get what they want anyway? Also, I just don't trust Trump, I think he's an imbecile because like you he doesn't really understand the gravity and weight this summit meeting meant to North Korea. It could have been used as a bargaining chip and it was just pissed away.

North Korea has been breaking agreements since 1994 when Carter went over there & we tried to pay them off.

Yep and now Trump is declaring the trust he has for Kim. Fancy that. You could say that is some sort of Jedi mind trick Trump is trying to play on Kim, but who would be that stupid? Instead we end up with a United States president fawning over a murderous dictator twit.

And this Iran “deal”...great deal there. Let’s give billions to a rogue regime who murders its own citizens, threatens war in a strategic location, threatens Israel & promotes terrorism. Oh yes, what a deal!

Just to be clear you're against any sort of financial aid to North Korea? I mean that would be our own money not just giving back Iran what is rightfully theirs. Is that your stand?

How are we going to confirm North Korea has gotten rid of it's nuclear program? Take their word for it, what's the process?

Giving back Iran what is rightly theirs? Are you kidding me? When they renounce terrorism, pay reparations for all the people they hurt or killed, & free their own people, then maybe I’d consider it.

I recommend you read this in the interim. An excellent analysis on what Trump has done & why it will be effective. He knows precisely what he’s doing...

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/06/the_key_to_trumps_success_in_north_korea.html

I think the collapse of his underground test facility made him think it's time to cash in his nuclear chips. Whatever the reason, let's all hope we see that Hell on Earth called North Korea restored to a more normal State.

I agree and he probably will be getting out an about more so he can find out what the rest of the world is all about.

His trip to DC should be an eye opener for him and one can only hope he changes how he runs his kingdom.

His trip to DC should be an eye opener for him and one can only hope he changes how he runs his kingdom.

Exactly true. The idea is to convince President Un to denounce Evil and commit to making North Korea Great Again.

Imagine a capitalist North Korea with resorts and casinos, attracting people from all over the Pacific Rim.

Liberalism's worst nightmare- it would leave the Iranian Mullahs all alone, and facing their own ends dancing at the end of ropes in Tehran.

Forum List

Back