Kim Davis...and the Judge's "mistake"

Both can make one a minority.

So can rape, but that doesn't mean rapists should be protected. (Damn, I probably gave the SCOTUS and idea..)

Minorities are protected from the majority here, for good reason.

Behavior does not confer minority status among rational people.
Oh but it does, because religion is both a choice and a behavior, and it's protected here, for the most part. Try again...

In a discussion of faith, her faith, ignoring the teachings of her Lord is not an option. And if you call yourself a Christian but you don't agree with the teachings of Jesus, then you aren't one so don't bother...

You're not paying attention, I haven't mentioned her faith once, if you have questions about her faith, ask her.
Seeing as it is her faith that drive her to be so brave why haven't you? The founders were not afraid of faith why are you?

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk
She forced her version of faith onto her employees. That's religious tyranny. You ok with that?

No she didn't. She established an office policy in accordance with KY law.
Nope...she threatened to fire her employees unless they too refused to issue marriage certificates.....oh, and that KY law was stricken down already....non-inforcible. She herself said that she was acting under "god's" law, not KY law....it's on video...she can't change that or lie about that.

For the hundredth freaking time, there is only one exception where KY law says a clerk shall issue a marriage license, that exception does not apply to this case.

There is no Constitutionally valid law in KY that limits marriage based on the gender composition of the couple.

>>>>

There is a constitutionally valid law in KY that gives her the option to issue marriage licenses or not, do try to keep up.
She needs to obey Federal law in this case, which is, gay marriage bans are illegal.

You seem to have a lot of trouble understanding that when a law is still on the books but you are forbidden from enforcing said law, the law is invalidated? That's what happened to all gay-marriage bans, they were all invalidated by the Supreme Court for being unconstitutional. The gays don't have to wait for the states to update their laws...

Focus, your BS has nothing to do with what I said.

You're not paying attention, I haven't mentioned her faith once, if you have questions about her faith, ask her.
Seeing as it is her faith that drive her to be so brave why haven't you? The founders were not afraid of faith why are you?

She forced her version of faith onto her employees. That's religious tyranny. You ok with that?

Nope...she threatened to fire her employees unless they too refused to issue marriage certificates.....oh, and that KY law was stricken down already....non-inforcible. She herself said that she was acting under "god's" law, not KY law....it's on video...she can't change that or lie about that.

For the hundredth freaking time, there is only one exception where KY law says a clerk shall issue a marriage license, that exception does not apply to this case.
Your dog won't hunt so, why are you arguing the point? The law says shall issue. All but three clerks even there are issuing gay marriage licenses. Are they all wrong but you are right?

There is no Constitutionally valid law in KY that limits marriage based on the gender composition of the couple.

>>>>

There is a constitutionally valid law in KY that gives her the option to issue marriage licenses or not, do try to keep up.
She needs to obey Federal law in this case, which is, gay marriage bans are illegal.

You seem to have a lot of trouble understanding that when a law is still on the books but you are forbidden from enforcing said law, the law is invalidated? That's what happened to all gay-marriage bans, they were all invalidated by the Supreme Court for being unconstitutional. The gays don't have to wait for the states to update their laws...

Focus, your BS has nothing to do with what I said.
Nothing I said is BS. There is reality, and then there is what you post. They are nothing alike.

I had a Revelation...

It does not have to be one way or the other.

There is such a thing as COMPROMISE, although it seems like this is something of the Ancient Past....

This is a fairly new ruling by the SC and States need to work out what they can do, to satisfy BOTH sides.

Easy peasy, it can be worked out if level heads prevail.

This woman was picked to be the case that gets spotlighted, or she volunteered to be the case...lawyer-ed up.... this was inevitable, someone had to do it and get the law cleared up on this State's end, and other states will follow with an organized rule or legislative rule, on how to handle clerks who object for religious reasons, while still accommodating the citizens who want marriage licenses in their own county.

She won't be fired, she won't be indefinitely jailed, she won't have to quit, she, personally, won't have to sign the marriage license....
A court opinion is not law. The court does not make law. one of the times the court did something like this it caused well over 50 million dead babies

fyi, abortion was legal in the majority of states in one way or another BEFORE Roe v Wade and there is no doubt that the other states were going to follow but a handful.... so the SC decision truly did not add that much to the abortions occurring already in our Nation.

Your dog won't hunt so, why are you arguing the point? The law says shall issue. All but three clerks even there are issuing gay marriage licenses. Are they all wrong but you are right?

may
v. a choice to act or not, or a promise of a possibility, as distinguished from "shall" which makes it imperative.

this thing with homosexuals and how all they wanted was, equality. well it has now crossed a line for the rest of us. first they started with fines and has now went into JAILING PEOPLE

People better wake up and see what's going on around you

The decent people are the ones who support equality for homosexuals. You are indecent...

You don't support equality, you support preferential treatment.

Equality is women having the right to try out for the fire department test. Preferential treatment is lowering standards to ensure they pass.

You redefined what marriage is to pay off a preferred special interest.

And dude, you advocate for genocide, you are gutter scum, there is not a shred of decency in you.

fyi, abortion was legal in the majority of states in one way or another BEFORE Roe v Wade and there is no doubt that the other states were going to follow but a handful.... so the SC decision truly did not add that much to the abortions occurring already in our Nation.

You are so full of shit.

AbortionRateGraph_zpsftaxq5rh.gif

In about 2 months it will be "Kim Who?"

Are you basing that assumption on the Klein's case (which they will win: see 1st Amendment of the US Constitution; also 14th Amendment) or the 7th circuit's Ruling in Hively v Ivy tech this year where it was found that sexual orientation isn't covered under the Civil Rights Act? Which one?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back