Killing the ACA is easy - Will the dems let it happen?

Will the dems let Obamacare die or help replace it?

• The dems will never work with Trump, period, fini, end of story

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • The dems will work to save the US healthcare system

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
All Trump needs to do is stop the "cost-sharing subsidy payments" and Obamacare is done...

"The most immediate risk is what happens with cost-sharing subsidy payments to insurers. These are the payments that are at issue in the lawsuit that the House filed against the HHS, challenging their authority to make these payments. If the administration decides to stop those cost-sharing subsidy payments, you could see insurers running for the exits."

Will the dems ride the ACA all the way down?

ACA is fine.

All Trump needs to do is keep his hot little hands off it.

Move on, to infrastructure and tax reform.

Totally disagree. The (Premiums + Deductible) costs are simply extortion. We need "affordable/usable healthcare" for those paying for it, not free healthcare for the freeloaders

Seriously, once the repeal chaos settles and Trump interference halts system can get back on track.

Though Democrats do need to come up with a fix bill. Trump said he'll work with them on it, but if he won't, he can no longer say that he doesn't own the healthcare issues.

Totally disagree. The (Premiums + Deductible) costs are simply extortion. We need "affordable/usable healthcare" for those paying for it, not free healthcare for the freeloaders

...which we have in a form of means based subsidies and cost sharing program.

Were you living under a rock for the past 7 years or are you just playing conveniently stupid?

The dems also had since 2010 to "fix" Obamacare, and have done nothing. There should be competing Bills from both the GOP and the dems how to fix healthcare, and all we have is an unworkable expensive healthcare system.

If AHCA ends cost sharing and throws miliions upon millions of Americans out of insurance, the GOP becomes a minority party in the House next year.

The dems also had since 2010 to "fix" Obamacare, and have done nothing. There should be competing Bills from both the GOP and the dems how to fix healthcare, and all we have is an unworkable expensive healthcare system.

Nope, Republican swore that nothing less than repeal would do.

Now that they got schooled, time for round two.

The GOP has the White House, the House, the Senate and the State Houses.

This isn't about the Dems.

The GOP has all the power So far, not very impressive.

When has Congress really ever been impressive? :badgrin:

This ACA repeal failure thing here most certainly outed Ryan as inept.

What needs to happen to call a special session of Congress?

Those people need to start earning their money and healthcare.

...which we have in a form of means based subsidies and cost sharing program.

Were you living under a rock for the past 7 years or are you just playing conveniently stupid?

There is a lawsuit to end those subsidies. Killing entitlements has never been easy, please see the following article which was quoted in the OP
Will Obamacare Really Explode?

It looks to me like the party remains very divided, despite Trump's win and presence.

I don't who could fix that, though I sure don't know how the sausage is made in DC.

Who in the world would want Ryan's job right now, and why in the hell did he take it?

Nope, Republican swore that nothing less than repeal would do.

Now that they got schooled, time for round two.
I for one will hold their feet to the fire. It must be repealed! First steps! Stop the mandates and the punitive taxes!

What Trump needs to do is to take this loss with grace and focus on improving ACA instead of getting rid of it completely. You don't toss the dishes out with the dirty dish water.

It looks to me like the party remains very divided, despite Trump's win and presence.

I don't who could fix that, though I sure don't know how the sausage is made in DC.

Who in the world would want Ryan's job right now, and why in the hell did he take it?
He will not last. He stuck it to the old people with his bill. The democrats stole 916 Billion from the seniors to launch Obamacare and Ryan was going to do the same by make the premiums for54-64 year olds exorbitantly expensive.

What Trump needs to do is to take this loss with grace and focus on improving ACA instead of getting rid of it completely. You don't toss the dishes out with the dirty dish water.
How would you improve that piece of shit legislation?

He will not last. He stuck it to the old people with his bill. The democrats stole 916 Billion from the seniors to launch Obamacare and Ryan was going to do the same by make the premiums for54-64 year olds exorbitantly expensive.
How in the hell can that happen, though?

Are they not paying attention to what they're writing, or do they really want to stick it to people?

How in the hell can that happen, though?

Are they not paying attention to what they're writing, or do they really want to stick it to people?
They were trying to keep a promise they made to not cause anyone (the freeloaders) to lose coverage. The only way to do that is to steal from seniors and wage earners!

Forum List

Back