Killing Ragheads for Jesus: American Sniper

We have replaced our Constitution with rule by an international empire?

I didn't realize this. I thought this was still a sovereign nation. By all means have your UN Empire march in and enforce these laws that supersede the Constitution. I assure this will work out splendidly for you.
We have signed the UN Charter, right?

I didn't realize this. I thought this was still a sovereign nation. By all means have your UN Empire march in and enforce these laws that supersede the Constitution. I assure this will work out splendidly for you.
"The International Military Tribunal at Nuremberg, which followed World War II, called the waging of aggressive war 'essentially an evil thing...to initiate a war of aggression...is not only an international crime; it is the supreme international crime, differing only from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole.'[2]

"Article 39 of the United Nations Charter provides that the UN Security Council shall determine the existence of any act of aggression and 'shall make recommendations, or decide what measures shall be taken in accordance with Articles 41 and 42, to maintain or restore international peace and security'".

Treaties and the Supreme Law of the Land.

War of aggression - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

We have signed the UN Charter, right?

"The International Military Tribunal at Nuremberg, which followed World War II, called the waging of aggressive war 'essentially an evil thing...to initiate a war of aggression...is not only an international crime; it is the supreme international crime, differing only from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole.'[2]

"Article 39 of the United Nations Charter provides that the UN Security Council shall determine the existence of any act of aggression and 'shall make recommendations, or decide what measures shall be taken in accordance with Articles 41 and 42, to maintain or restore international peace and security'".

Treaties and the Supreme Law of the Land.

War of aggression - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

All you need to do is defeat the USA in a war, and you can impose a war crimes tribunal.

BUT, you do need to defeat us first.

Maybe your terrorist buddies can help you out, you know, the ones who can't even defeat Israel..

"Treaties and the Supreme Law of the Land"

The Supreme law of the land is the US Constitution which specifies how laws must be made and by whom. The State dept. does not have the authority to make law through treaty. Foreign entities do not have authority to make US law. Even properly made law must not violate the Constitution.

International law provides only two justifications for initiating a war: a threat of imminent attack or UNSC authorization. Since Iraq was invaded without either one, you tell me why the US invasion doesn't qualify as illegal.
George,

It is at once astonishing and depressing to find how many contemporary Americans harbor the same mentality that facilitated the rise of the Third Reich. The basic moral question of right or wrong has absolutely no significance to them.

ll you need to do is defeat the USA in a war, and you can impose a war crimes tribunal.

Maybe your terrorist buddies can help you out, you know, the ones who can't even defeat Israel..
Apparently, you've decided Article VI belongs to Likud?
"This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding."
Transcript of the Constitution of the United States - Official Text

It is at once astonishing and depressing to find how many contemporary Americans harbor the same mentality that facilitated the rise of the Third Reich. The basic moral question of right or wrong has absolutely no significance to them.
Noam Chomsky has regularly pointed out the similarities between the US today and Weimar Germany ninety years ago:
"'In 1928 the Nazis had less than 2 percent of the vote,' he (Chomsky) said. 'Two years later, millions supported them. The public got tired of the incessant wrangling, and the service to the powerful, and the failure of those in power to deal with their grievances.'”

"He said the German people were susceptible to appeals about 'the greatness of the nation, and defending it against threats, and carrying out the will of eternal providence.'”

"When farmers, the petit bourgeoisie, and Christian organizations joined forces with the Nazis, 'the center very quickly collapsed,' Chomsky said."

"No analogy is perfect, he said, but the echoes of fascism are 'reverberating' today, he said."

What remains of the center in the US today seems to base its conception of right and wrong on whether or not "their" party controls the White House.

If Democrats "make history" by electing Hillary in 2016, I suspect "American Exceptionalism" will have its Weimar moment?

Chomsky Warns of Risk of Fascism in America

ll you need to do is defeat the USA in a war, and you can impose a war crimes tribunal.

Apparently, you've decided Article VI belongs to Likud?
"This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding."
Transcript of the Constitution of the United States - Official Text

I'm quite aware of the binding of treaties. What you are not aware of are the constraints on the UN Charter. You live in a fantasy that the United States became vassal to a global emperor and is the subject of the UN. You are wrong.

You live in a fantasy that the United States became vassal to a global emperor and is the subject of the UN. You are wron
It seems more likely the US and Israel use the UN whenever it suits their economic purpose (Gulf War I and Resolution 181) and vilifies international law whenever the UN condemns their illegal activities(mining of Nicaragua's harbors and ethnic cleansing in Gaza) Your (Libertarian) problem is that you prefer the rule of rich men to the rule of law, and that makes Democracy a threat in your mind.

It seems more likely the US and Israel use the UN whenever it suits their economic purpose (Gulf War I and Resolution 181) and vilifies international law whenever the UN condemns their illegal activities(mining of Nicaragua's harbors and ethnic cleansing in Gaza) Your (Libertarian) problem is that you prefer the rule of rich men to the rule of law, and that makes Democracy a threat in your mind.

George, I realized that you are just a JOOOOOO hating conspiracy nut, with at best a tenuous grasp on sanity - but ISRAEL using the UN?

BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

The UN is a half-step from Nazi death camps in their treatment of Israel.

The United States has no business in the UN, never has. We are not now, nor have we ever been, subject to the "World Court" that you so desire. The UN has no authority over the acts of the USA, and can at best wine about them.

Mining the Nicaraguan harbors was a vital act of self-preservation for the United States. We all knew the stakes, if you succeeded in creating a Soviet base on the North American Continent, the days of the USA were numbered. Soviet agent Jim Wright worked diligently for Soviet success, Reagan thwarted him - and you - by denying the naval power of the Soviets.

But what does the defeat of your beloved USSR by Reagan have to do with your hatred of JOOOOOOOZZZZZ?

George, I realized that you are just a JOOOOOO hating conspiracy nut, with at best a tenuous grasp on sanity - but ISRAEL using the UN?
Did your people find the UN helpful in stealing Palestine?
"The United Nations Partition Plan for Palestinewas a proposal developed by the United Nations, which recommended a partition with Economic Union of Mandatory Palestine to follow the termination of theBritish Mandate. On 29 November 1947, the U.N.General Assembly adopted a resolution recommending the adoption and implementation of the Plan as Resolution 181(II)."
United Nations Partition Plan for Palestine - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

New Topics

Forum List

Back