Kill Bill Vol. 2

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
Anyone seen it? It came out on video yesterday.

Everyone ought to go rent it, even if you didn't like the first one (Jackass, I'm looking in your direction). This movie is so different from Vol. 1 in so many ways, I'm very glad they split it up because the sudden change from an over-the-top samurai gorefest homage to kung fu movies to a very restrained, thoughtful drama homage to spaghetti westerns would have been a little too jarring.

Honestly, even if you liked Vol. 1, there's a chance you will not like this one. The first movie was all action with almost no story, this one is almost all story with very little action (though the one major fight scene, Uma and Daryl Hannah in the mobile home, is just amazing). Believe it or not, it's a very mature movie.

So, yeah, check it out. It's not necessary to have seen Vol. 1 (though it is helpful), as The Bride sums up the entire movie for the audience in the first 2 minutes of the movie.

I'm probably biased, but I'd say this was probably the best movie of the past year (of the movies I've seen, I mean).

I'd recommend not watching Kill Bill vol.1 before watching vol.2, or at least not having watched 1 in a long while. It's more surprising that way. Watch 1 last.

The first movie ends with a line that spoils what would otherwise be an unexpected twist at the end of the second one.

As far as senseless violence goes, this is the best movie I've ever seen. :chains: And I've seen Hellraiser IV.

Well, I think that line at the end of Vol. 1 (I won't spoil it for those that haven't seen either movie) was important in order to fully understand all the emotions going through the Bride's head at that moment when she walks onto that patio at the end of Vol. 2.

Plus, I thought that was a perfect way to end Vol 1. You got a pretty well-rounded story, and you were satisfied, then at the end, there's the perfect cliffhanger. I've seen it probably 6, 7 times, and it still gives me chills. My first thought after I finished Vol. 1 was 'Vol. 2 better come out really soon!'

this is kinda off subject...but did you see that "hero" movie coming out.....FINALLY a BIG BUDGET jet-li, kung-fu film...I cannot wait...his "red dragon" movie....and "twin warriors" are two of my all time faves from jet-li era kung fu...he's finally getting a good role over here...
PRODUCED by Quentin Tarentino...and the people that brought you "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon."

Yeah, that looks pretty good! I gotta say, though, I hate the fact that the previews make it seem as though QT directed this, too. As a producer, I'm sure he basically just went to Harvey Weinstein and said "I saw this Asian movie, you should release it in America". I think there'll be a lot of disappointed viewers when this one doesn't have Tarantino splashed all over it, like Kill Bill does.

not me....i only liked reservoir dogs and pulp fiction...after that i think he pretty much sucks...but if he had a part in getting the cash to the right people to do a big budget jet-li movie (its american i believe)...i give him his propers...i've been waiting ten years for it.

oh, is it american? It just didn't look like an American movie to me.

While I thought it was slow, Jackie Brown is a very solid movie. A good homage to blaxpoitation.

You weren't a fan of Kill Bill? For some reason, I expected you to be. I honestly think Kill Bill is Tarantino's greatest movie to date, probably one of the best movies of the 2000's, so far. This is all just my opinion, of course.

For those of you who have seen both movies, what do you think of Tarantino's idea for a third (well, second really) Kill Bill, in which the main character is Vivica A. Fox's daughter (the one who saw The Bride kill her mother... "A few years from now, if you're still sore about this... look me up."), and her quest to kill The Bride...

VOL. 2 SPOILERS AHEAD....

She is trained by Daryl Hannah, who we never see die in Vol. 2, and who definitely has reason to want The Bride dead. If you watch the end credits in Vol. 2, the Deadly Viper Assassins' names are shown and then crossed off in the order they died, except for Daryl Hannah's, which just has a question mark written over it. I think this could be pretty good, and it would sure make a good statement on the unending nature of violence and revenge, but I don't know if it'll seem like he's treading the same old territory or not. We'll see, I guess.

Hey Dan...am I missing something in his movies? Are they SUPPOSED to be unbelievable, corny and cheesy???

Well, Kill Bill was an homage to Kung Fu movies and spaghetti westerns, so yeah it was supposed to be corny and unbelievable to a certain extent. Cheesy? I dunno about that. But, I don't see what was at all corny, unbelievable, or cheesy about his three previous films.

Forum List

Back