Kill Bill and QT

GWBfan

May 26, 2004
Dallas, TX
For the love of Pete is there a therapy group out there for QT fans who are NOT attending this years Canne's to praise the french (not deserving of a cap) and their Anti-American campain?
Because I am a huge fan of the Kill Bill movies I would just like to hear that politics aren't involved, an impossibility. Please help me.

I don't know nor care about this cannes festaBULL french crap but I do like Tarantino films. I like whow he has been resurrecting the acting dead and he does have a unique sense of dialog.

Anything else he has to say outside discussing HIS movies will fall on my deaf ears. Not that I'm deaf, I'm just not interested in entertainment people being anything other than entertaining. :)

Quentin Tarantino has always been a person who I respect immensely as an artist, writer, and director, but I cannot stand to watch the guy in an interview. He seems like the kind of person I would thoroughly hate, but he makes a damn fine movie.

But, anyway, what exactly did he say that was so horrible? I know he was the head of the jury that awarded Moore the Palme D'or, but did he say anything particularly inciteful?

Originally posted by Dan
Quentin Tarantino has always been a person who I respect immensely as an artist, writer, and director, but I cannot stand to watch the guy in an interview. He seems like the kind of person I would thoroughly hate, but he makes a damn fine movie.

But, anyway, what exactly did he say that was so horrible? I know he was the head of the jury that awarded Moore the Palme D'or, but did he say anything particularly inciteful?

No he just unprecedentedly explained his motives. No jury has ever had to explain their motives for giving the top award. He just tried to say it wasn't for political reasons. It was for how he made the movie. Moore does make some wildly fictious movies though. So i guess it was no different then say the Toxic Avenger in substance.

Whew! Well that's a bit of good news. I am "gun-shy" (no pun intended) these days of Hollywood power hitters because so many feel the need to slam our current administration. I guess if I were doing the top deed at Cannes in his shoes trying not to destroy my career I would give the fat madman some recognition, but definitely not the Palm d'Or. That is sending out the WRONG message if subliminally. My gut feeling is they are all on the same boat.

Moore does make some wildly fictious movies though. So i guess it was no different then say the Toxic Avenger in substance.

That's a really good description of his movies! I feel the same way, I liked Roger & Me a lot, I was actually fairly moved by it, even though it was clearly wildly one-sided.

Bowling for Columbine was good. I take his movies at face value, and never begin to think of them as documentaries. Bowling for Columbine had a pretty good message to it, and I see his movies as just satires that use real footage instead of a script.

However, there were 2 things that completely ruined Bowling for me:

1. The interview with Charlton Heston at the end. It was clear that Moore completely bought into his own crap and was thinking Heston was going to be some insane gun nut, and it really seemed to throw him off when he was more or less a quiet old man. And when he pulled out the picture of the little girl, I think I felt myself get a couple cavities from all the sappiness.

2. He brings the kids who got shot at Columbine to K-Mart to ask them to stop selling bullets. When they actually agree to stop selling them, Moore is completely shocked and speechless. Clearly, he did not expect this to happen, so basically he was just exploiting these kids for something he never expected to work anyway.

I'll probably watch Farhenheit 9/11 eventually, but I'm not going to worship at the feet of Michael Moore the way most left-wing nuts do.

Originally posted by Dan
That's a really good description of his movies! I feel the same way, I liked Roger & Me a lot, I was actually fairly moved by it, even though it was clearly wildly one-sided.

Bowling for Columbine was good. I take his movies at face value, and never begin to think of them as documentaries. Bowling for Columbine had a pretty good message to it, and I see his movies as just satires that use real footage instead of a script.

However, there were 2 things that completely ruined Bowling for me:

1. The interview with Charlton Heston at the end. It was clear that Moore completely bought into his own crap and was thinking Heston was going to be some insane gun nut, and it really seemed to throw him off when he was more or less a quiet old man. And when he pulled out the picture of the little girl, I think I felt myself get a couple cavities from all the sappiness.

2. He brings the kids who got shot at Columbine to K-Mart to ask them to stop selling bullets. When they actually agree to stop selling them, Moore is completely shocked and speechless. Clearly, he did not expect this to happen, so basically he was just exploiting these kids for something he never expected to work anyway.

I'll probably watch Farhenheit 9/11 eventually, but I'm not going to worship at the feet of Michael Moore the way most left-wing nuts do.

Michael the Hutt. He's fatter than Jabba, has more money, says unintelligable babble. Lucas might have a new character for Star Wars 3.

Forum List

Back