Kids vs. the Elderly

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
I'm the first person to bitch about how the elderly drive (normally anyone 85 and older, and particularly women) - HOWEVER, it's sickening how this is a kids world.

Kids are treated like Veterans. They get preferential treatment everywhere.

Case in point:

I go to a lot of sporting events, most of them baseball games. Who gets balls thrown to them? KIDS.
If there are people around for autographs, who gets the autographs? KIDS

I would more likely give a 60, 70, 80, 90 year old a ball or autograph. Why?
They won't be around much longer! This may be their LAST chance to get a baseball or signature.
Half the kids don't even appreciate it anyway because they get everything they want in life anyway.....

Sad

I'm the first person to bitch about how the elderly drive (normally anyone 85 and older, and particularly women) - HOWEVER, it's sickening how this is a kids world.

Case in point:

I go to a lot of sporting events, most of them baseball games. Who gets balls thrown to them? KIDS.

They won't be around much longer! This may be their LAST chance to get a baseball or signature.
Half the kids don't even appreciate it anyway because they get everything they want in life anyway.....

Sad

On the other hand, if you are trying to build a life-time customer of your product, that kid who becomes a lifelong fan because he got a baseball or an autograph when he was 8 is a better long term investment.

Grandma not even make it out of the ballpark that day.

Case in point:

Sad

On the other hand, if you are trying to build a life-time customer of your product, that kid who becomes a lifelong fan because he got a baseball or an autograph when he was 8 is a better long term investment.

Grandma not even make it out of the ballpark that day.

Well I understand the marketing aspect of it.
I'm talking about the humanistic aspect of it

Everything is marketing - even when these "stars" go to Children's Hospitals etc. It's all about promoting their "image"

Just most people are ignorant and don't realize this.

There's some truth there but I'd say sporting events are more for the young. Older folks should have more important things to care about. As far as driving, there's a time to turn in your keys, I think after a certain age you need a road test.

Younger folks zip around too much but the worst ones on the road these days are pickup drivers. They love to bully people and it's not always a guy behind the wheel.

damn girl that little one at the arcade has you on a rant.....i like kids....it is fun watching them do things.....they excitement and the newness...most kids havent had their inner joy killed yet...by people like you

Maybe, just maybe, by showing kindness and attention to kids, they will learn it's value. Then maybe they will be patient with elderly drivers someday. Meanwhile, old people probably already have a bunch of baseballs displayed on their bookshelves. Give someone else a turn.

dont get me started on driving and the elderly....my mothers refusal to stop driving is one of the things that did her in.....she had a wreck and could not remember it but refused to stop driving....she was old enough that her dying in a wreck would not have been 'tragic' but what if she wiped out a young family in the process?

damn girl that little one at the arcade has you on a rant.....i like kids....it is fun watching them do things.....they excitement and the newness...most kids havent had their inner joy killed yet...by people like you

Kids should have fun, but most are spoiled rotten and get the world handed to them on a silver platter.
... because idiotic parents want them to have everything they didn't ... it's not about THINGS!

Life is about love and respect for others, sacrifice and the sooner they learn the better - for them and the world.

hmmm most of the kids i am around are spoiled.....in the south that is code for well loved....now does that mean they are brats....no....for the most part they are well mannered...kids are what they are....toddlers are little drunken adults and it just goes from there.....why do you let kids get to you....i have learned to bob and weave and avoid the rascals when they are running by....going ...'sorry, sorry' lol ....join in the fun...i assure you ...i am most grateful for adults who understand toddlers and the wee ones

I don't mind the kids
It's the parents that don't rein their kids in that bother me

Spoiling your kids does NOT equal loving them

If you love your child, you will tell them NO often and frequently

and that is why when i have the toddler we go to kids friendly places and leave a good tip...and even fine dining places here are pretty kid friendly...and yes we are guilty of doing the monster walk and playing in the entire dining room...i think the south may be nicer with kids...hell i leave change on those ridey things outside the grocery so a kid can nap a free ride....

Case in point:

Sad
Damn you sure do assume a lot...

as i said when someone in the south looks at a young family and goes....could they be more spoiled...tis not an insult....at all...well loved kids are spoiled with time and attention....not material things....alas when one has a large circle of people who love you....small gifts seem to arrive....

o hell when i am with kids...i prefer people pay attention to them...i like to watch them light up....if you dont see that ....that is your sad...

I have raised 2 boys and have 4 grandchildren.

I loved watching Winnie The Pooh and taking my boys to the zoo, museums, movies etc.
But they didn't have to buy everything in sight. They had fun just going.

Neither of my sons had cell phones until they got on their own. They had lap tops only because school required it.

If we had to go somewhere and they wanted to stay home and watch their favorite show, they were told NO.

I ran the house. Not them.

I bet you twas a great Mudder...

Actually I have two grown sons with great jobs and they are responsible.
They never have to ask me how to do things, for help with money, they figure it out and do it all on their own.
Because I raised them to be independent.

If that makes me a bad mother, so be it.

I bet you twas a great Mudder...

Actually I have two grown sons with great jobs and they are responsible.
They never have to ask me how to do things, for help with money, they figure it out and do it all on their own.
Because I raised them to be independent.

If that makes me a bad mother, so be it.
I bet they don't ask or come around because of your general dislike of kids...

Forum List

Back